Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/asalomondrin
commercialdivingacademy.com/underwater-welding-career-and-salary.cms
payscale.com/research/CA/Job=Welder/Hourly_Rate/b90f4bf8/Calgary-AB
youtu.be/cJZjnb_sp9o
youtu.be/ZCyhH9txuSI
youtu.be/icUUEYkUg-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't because I don't watch shitty youtube channels.

Hijacking this shit thread, what are some good car shoes not named Top Gear? About to finish (or catch up on) Roadkill and need something new

Shows, phone autocorrect pls

Matt Farah isn't a raging douche.

Vehicle Virgins, Shmee, and all of the other trust fund kid bullshit channels are awful though. I want to know about the car, not how you're capable of spending money on cars.

what, what

It's literally just Matt Farah

I think this is a shitpost and I just took the bait, but OP might also be retarded.

Vehicle Virgins
>trust fund baby the show

Maybe OP was talking about the podcast

He's a faggot from money-land Connecticut and got a brand new Mustang gt for high school in the late 90s. Dad had an s-class. Mom had Lexus rx's.

>douchy obnoxious group of rich frat guy bros

Salomondrin's channel is way worse. He literally has a segment where they just smoke weed in an expensive car. Probably not even good weed as Alex is the only one that acts like what a person who doesn't smoke weed thinks potheads behave. Also drive like asshats with women in bikinis so you see their titties bounce around. The whole channel feels like a some juvenile millennial's wet dream of living inside a NFS or Test Drive video game.

youtube.com/user/asalomondrin

Douche or not I guarantee anybody here would gladly get paid to smoke weed and drive stupid fast and expensive cars.

Of course I would. But it's a shame that this shit is the most popular crap. Normal shows never really get any love, because Jewtube is fucking infested with retarded kids. I want the old youtube back.

It's not retarded as Casey niggeresiet or Pewdieppie. That shit is useless cancer. At least cars are somewhat relevant to life.

Subaruwrxfan

>richfags beg him to drive their zillion dollar builds
>films himself speeding/beating on canyon roads while taking shit
>gets paid for it

he's a genius

How fucking relevant to life is some fratboy trust fund douche sitting smoking weed in a car which costs more than most people's houses?

i hope that faggot dies a slow and painful death
>has subs donate to buy him 2 mustangs
>only review word he knows is "NICE"
>intro is parkinsons tier
>after his subs bought him a mustang he crashed it
i cannot think of a more deserving person for terminal cancer

Honestly it was okay at first, and he wasn't a total deuche. But ever since the whole banging gears thong it's gotten worse. Especially after he made the smoking in the model x thing and let it become a whole segment.

i used to like saabkyle04 because nobody else offered the same autistic levels of coverage as he did

But now he's gradually turning into "look at me!" E-celeb as he's gained popularity. I don't want to see his hideous fucking face smiling at me when he talks about cars. It took me long enough to get over his voice.

You could save your money and buy one or rent one. It's better than following celebrity bullshit or watching people play video games.

>renting a supercar
Do you know that they cost a lot to rent and have fucking retarded excesses which companies require in cash or as a credit card block, right?

He definitely came from money, that's undeniable. But he actually knows something about cars and usually doesn't even talk about his own cars. Most of his content is about other people's cars.

>Vehicle Virgins
>knows something about cars
kek

Casey Neistat is actually pretty good. Not really something that you watch deeply but still good.

We're talking about Matt Farah dumbass.

Meh. Spend $1500 on a Ferrari for a day or 5 minutes with a Vegas hooker. Your choice. It's not like your doing it every day, live a little.

Agreed, but don't act like renting supercars all the time is "relevant to life"

I'm not talking about Vehicle Virgins which is cancer.

Matt Farah is a serious enthusiast. He actually knows at least something about the cars he's driving. If you watched his R32 GT-R one take he actually highlights a lot of interesting points about his own cars. He also doesn't post nonstop videos about his own car and how he "worked so hard to deserve this car" like most of the fucking trust fund baby channels.

Sorry I thought the post referencing Conneticut was referring to the cunt from VV.

I love Farah. He's one of the few car youtubers that doesn't make the videos about himself. He talks about the car and the owner's experience with it, and why they did what they did to it.

It's not like you can rent a A list celebrity for the day, well maybe with a couple mill but still.

You can go to trade school, make 300k a year, live with your parents and drive a $300k supercar. Life decisions....

You can know about cars and still be an insufferable asshat. Listen to the podcast, if they were 18-20 it would just be slightly offensive but considering they are 30 somethings it's the cringiest shit I've ever heard. Unfortunately they have decent guests sometimes so I keep listening.

Shmee gets some cool behind the scene interviews buuuuut thats about all

You're not going to make 300k/yr doing a trade. Guaranteed. You can be working in the SF Bay Area as a principal engineer and you'll still be making less.

I feel like most car content is just super shitty. No one really talks about stuff to autistic level of detail for some reason. Tech has AnandTech/NotebookCheck/PCWatch, I want something like that for cars.

EngineeringExplained sort off offers that, as does Saabkyle04, but both channels' presenters are soul crushingly boring. You can't deny their passion, but they have less personality than a glass of tap water.

Engineering Explained mostly goes into detail about the high-level concepts. It's helpful for people who don't understand how something works, but implementation details are what matters in a lot of cases and that's the kind of stuff that's really fascinating. He also sits in front of a fucking whiteboard explaining this stuff which makes it feel like a college lecture.

Saabkyle04 has detail but his videos are like 30 minutes long and very rarely talks about anything experiential. I don't even think I've seen him actually driving the fucking things he "reviews". The point of a car is to go on a journey, not to sit in a parking lot revving it in neutral.

Shmee150

[spoiler]ok, i'm just jelly as fuck[/spoiler]

Autistkyle has been driving the cars a lot more recently (only the shitty ones) but he's also been posting more videos of his daily life, so he's starting to become eceleb.

I would be totally ok with seeing videos about working on cars as far as modding, maintenance, and detailing goes. Track days would also be pretty cool. But I don't want to watch videos about someone's personal life, nobody gives a shit about that.

I guess he doesn't have access to drive every car he reviews.

Engineering Explained does go into fascinating territory, but he does it in a way that is dull. He could throw in a little joke or a fun irl example.
>Don't rest your hand on the shifter. It's like a pussy; you rub it too hard and it gives out too soon and it's game over for you, son!
Shit like that.

Fair enough, but I just really don't see the appeal of his channel outside of maybe one video tops. Not something I would watch regularly.

Engineering Explained isn't RCR, it would be cringey if he did that.

I would really rather see footage of him driving the car. A GoPro and some lighting to show his footwork and another one over the shifter and demonstrating what he's talking about would be so much more interesting than footage of his face in a parked car.

I'm just providing an example of jokes he can make. Anything other than "Hi guys [huge long verbose explanation and occasional distracted tangents about [subject]] well, thanks for watching, bye"

I like the shit he talks about, just not the way he talks about them. He's very much like every engineer I've ever met: a boring facecloth of a person with an interesting well of knowledge but nothing interesting to say. Shame.

>name a more poor and jelly OP
Pro tip: you cannot

Serious question for you lads here, who cares?

Not me, old boy. I just dropped a log in the loo.

Cheerio

I feel like there's nothing wrong with that kind of style for an explanation. It's a pain in the dick to have someone that won't just get to the point when you're trying to learn something.

Half the time he doesn't get to the fucking point. His videos could be half the length if he didn't go on odd tangents that have only a minor relation to the subject.

This is true. I think the issue is that he tries to do a one-take kind of video so there isn't tight editing or anything to avoid these pointless tangents.

>You can go to trade school, make 300k a year
I'd like to smoke what you smoking because your fucking high.

If he sorts that out and learns to have a personality then he might just become my favorite jewtube channel

>You can go to trade school, make 300k a year
Nigger what. Underwater welders, who make on average the most out of any "trade" job, make about 80k per year. But they never get much of a raise throughout their career.

Vehicle virgins is fucking cancerous trash. I made the mistake of watching one of their videos a while back. I was in utter disbelief that people actually subscribe to things that make their life worse.

You can make the much welding in Alberta, even a commercial insurance agent can make over 200k relatively easy. I know lots of people who do. Some could retire comfortable at 40, some make over 700k a year and have nothing to their name. YMMV.

Sounds like your the one with nigger issues if UW welders are only making 80k there....

>anecdotal evidence
Show me the statistics

Naw, you look up the stats for Alberta. Dat oil scrilla baby.

Zimbabwean dollars don't count, user.

>claim
>proof please?
>no, followed by niggerspeak
I'm done here.

They count if they pay the bills and but the toys. Have fun with that $7 minimum wage.

commercialdivingacademy.com/underwater-welding-career-and-salary.cms

The average underwater welder makes jack fucking shit doing incredibly dangerous work.

payscale.com/research/CA/Job=Welder/Hourly_Rate/b90f4bf8/Calgary-AB

Even welding in Alberta pays shit.

If you really want 300k/yr you need to be upper management or a really fucking competent engineer at Google or some other Silicon Valley company. Top-tier engineering staff is always in short supply.

You ain't buying shit with Zimbabwean dollars. Literally. Manure isn't cheap.

But keep spouting off about your imaginary 700kpa trade job lol

Burden of proof is on you, because you made the claim

>implying higher minimum wages get you more spending power
Spoken like a true moron.

$80k for a welder a couple years out of trade school is right. UW welders definitely make more than that, around $500 an hour the last time I checked.

You make 300k a year by owning your own welding welding rig and staying busy. It's not that fucking hard if a drunk and cracked out newfie can figure it out.

> Top-tier engineering staff is always in short supply.

Tell that to the guys sitting at home, laid off. Tell that to the university students that spent 70k on a degree to work a shitty job for $20 an hour because nobody is hiring a "top-tier engineer"

Have fun being poor lol.

I'm still not seeing proof of these gigantic paychecks you speak of.

They do when living expenses aren't stupidly high like Australia...

I'll gladly do that if you pay me but I doubt you could afford it lel. Go look it up yourself.

Minimum wage is meant to cover the very bottom national average cost of living. It doesn't actually do this in practice.

If minimum wages rise, it's because of inflation, not because you deserve more weed per week.

>guys I've sucked Arnie's cock! He's a raging homo.
>prove it
>n-no just go look it up

Nobody makes minimum wage here so it really doesn't matter. The average cost of living isn't that bad. It's the best of all the worlds.

MCM are alright if you're into driveway mechanics

Take a guess why Australia's living expenses are so high. It's almost like it's somehow connected to having an $18 minimum wage.

Hmm...

>Tell that to the guys sitting at home, laid off. Tell that to the university students that spent 70k on a degree to work a shitty job for $20 an hour because nobody is hiring a "top-tier engineer"

Fuckin lol. Engineering is often better-taught at state schools. If you paid more than 50k for tuition in all 4 years you deliberately chose to go to a private school.

I've had friends graduate from UW, UA, and NCSU go to places like Apple and Razer making 150k/yr within 3 years of starting.

The economy more and more is going to be about your mind than your back. Factory jobs are dead. It is absolutely trivial to get a job in Silicon Valley these days if you have any skill and portfolio. I have friends at UPenn that got Google and Facebook internships their first and second year of college. I know at least one person that graduated from CMU with a CS degree and got 180k their first year at Pinterest.

It is not difficult to get a job in CS or EE at all. Most people are utter shit at writing and reviewing code and competent software engineers are in short supply. Read some stuff by Dan Luu and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Unemployment in Silicon Valley is like 3.7%. If you know an EE or CS major that is actually unemployed out of college it's probably because they don't have any real marketable skill or portfolio.

Or maybe you're just shitting on engineering because "muh trades".

kek lowcals, they do live/hangout in the nicer wealthy middle class part of town. I live in the same city so I kinda know.
Any of you fanboys ID which of the guys owns this?

>It is not difficult to get a job in CS or EE at all.
Hahahahah, it is WAY too fucking late to get in on the CS train.

100% absolutely not. At all. You either fell for hte paycheck meme or are lying. I work in the industry. Not even CLOSE! The TOP END of UW welders make about 90k.

>Way too late

Are you retarded? Do you see how much money is going into driverless cars and machine learning? Now more than ever is the time. We're out of the recession. Tons of investment is going into software.

Fifth gear

There are ALWAYS jobs in labor markets. Roads need built.Things need repaired. Installed. Machined. etc. The TYPE of labor just moves around. Assembly shit died, but markets like metal work and green energy picked up. Learn to adapt. Also lol CS is dead. My mom has a CS degree.

And we're going to see it continue to shift as robotics mean that you no longer have to pay life insurance and disability to oil rig workers and underwater welders.

>CS is dead

Proof. If your program wasn't ABET accredited your degree is worth as much as my toilet paper.

I love these people claiming that "engineering is dead" when I literally have weekly internship and job listings for my program and at least monthly company recruiting events for my university.

Personally, I would rather use my mind so I can keep working rather than taking back-breaking labor that requires meth to keep up and leaves me utterly broken by the time I'm 50. There is absolutely room left for labor jobs in the economy but the shift to a service economy is a very real thing. The money is increasingly in services.

Engineering Explained has the potential to make some great content. The problem is that despite having a huge fanbase, he doesn't bother putting any real effort into the production and just sits in front of a whiteboard. The one time he did a video with a real production crew, it was actually entertaining. It's a shame he doesn't do this more often.
youtu.be/cJZjnb_sp9o
youtu.be/ZCyhH9txuSI

Fuck, this is so amazing and I'm not even halfway through.

Why can't he do this regularly? It would be amazing.

This one was produced by Donut Media too
youtu.be/icUUEYkUg-Q

But not car knowledgeable enough to have the common sense to realize that every 250GTO is accounted for and his shithead friend up the street who runs a garage door installation company or some shit wouldn't have one- Also not car knowledgeable enough to know that a Datsun straight six is not a Ferrari V12.

He's a qt too

What about TJ Hunt?

pretty huge faggot, same as all the other youtube vlog fucknuts who cater to the 13 yr old crowd

Farah seems bretty chill desu. He's one of the few car reviewers/youtubers that you'd actually want to have a beer with. What I can't stand though are their podcasts. Him and his buddies are fucking obnoxious reddit-tier normies. If he was on his own with a guest it'd be fine, but god Zack and especially Chris are fucking snarky tryhards.

Vehicle Virgins, Doug Demurro, and the Salomondrin guy are fucking cancer.

i swear to god he has such a fucking big ego

his friends are all cool and the flip kid is funny, but my god, TJ must think he's a god. who does he think he is giving life advice as a upper middle class kid ? insta cringe every time

Agreed. He used to be watchable when it was just him and his friends switching exhausts/coil overs onto cars, but since becoming popular he has changed. My favourite part is him trying to convince everyone he came from humble beginnings.

>Fifth Gear
>good
Come on son it's fucking shit. Vicki and Tiff should just move on and make a time attack show together.

Superspeedersrob
He's got videos including Matt Farah.
>I still watch The Smoking Tire though.

The Grand Tour

same, he also only reviews new expensive cars now, no more shitboxes

Stay mad poorfag

/thread

"Personality" = shit like fast n loud, it's sort of a twobuttons conundrum

WOOOOAAAH MAN THIS VAN IS SO FAST

not all of connecticut is moneyland but the are he came from (Greenwich) is for sure money land

t. Connecticut Cuck

TST is great. STFU.

the problem with MCM is that they spend 30 minutes detailing shitty, basic mods/fixes. They get nothing done fast and their format seems to exist more to gather ad revenue than anything else. I don't find them particularly entertaining as personalities so there's not much reason to watch them since so many other youtube channels have much better car modding vids