I lied about experience and got a box truck driver position through a temp agency...

I lied about experience and got a box truck driver position through a temp agency. I've driven uHaul trucks before but I've never backed into a dock. How fucked am I?

pretty fucked man. backing up is hard af.

But use all your mirrors and practice.

Request a training/familiarization session with a company truck.

sauce: school bus driver.

Can you say through your false previous occupation you never backed into a dock and just did lift gate loads or whatever?

It's not that hard, you have a goddamn Japanese box truck. It turns better than some cars.

just say you worked at a yard that used forklifts to unload all the loads. not hard op

warehouse work.

not fucked. just git gud. when i worked for a delivery company they just made us drive to learn.

Backing up into a dock isnt hard, if you can back up a truck straight you'll be fine.

There's a stopper around the perimeter of every dock so you can bump into it at crawling speed, just go super slow once you think you're really close and youll be fine

I start Monday and the company doesn't do any training. They were specifically looking for experienced straight truck drivers. I still don't know if I will be backing into loading docks or not, but I'm nervous as fuck. I've been watching YouTube videos but it isn't helping much.

Fuck this guy he cant drive

Either one of these are your best bet

It's almost like companies put criteria on jobs for a reason. I hope you wreck the truck and are un-insurable for any company.

:^)

>Fuck this guy he cant drive

Fuck you.

If user fucks up, he'll be in shit. At least take the steps to learn the damn process.

Rent a u haul truck and practice backing with pylons/ other objects.

You're a dumbass

Protip: once your squared up with the dock when backing up you need to floor it in reverse. There are little sensors in all post 2002 docks that activate a bell inside that lets them know your ready to be loaded/unloaded. But you'll need to be going at least 10 mph to trigger it most of the time. Good luck ever getting their attention if you don't bump it hard enough.

This, I once sat at a dock for an hour because I didn't back into it hard enough.

I live in a state that while it's legal to drive Uhauls with basic DL, a low level CDL is required for professionally driving box trucks. Maybe you'll be an example of why we have that law.

>bumping a dock with a box truck
You will be fine.

That truck needs a WAT sticker.

This.
Rent a uhaul, go to an empty lot and git gud

>pretty fucked man. backing up is hard af.
The new fedex guy rammed my dock at a 15deg angle and fucked up my deckplate.
Fucking lazy nigger should go up the ramp, not like he has freight, he just likes being able to toss the boxes on my floor just like the last guy.

>I lied about experience and got a box truck driver position through a temp agency.

You'll get blacklisted after ruining a truck and then no temp agency will work with you after that.

You should listen to the good advice given in the thread. It said to rent a UHAUL truck and practice backing up. You'll have to get used to seeing things in the mirrors and gauging how to go to remain in your lane. I've seen some really narrow unloading docks. They are single lane and one side is the store's wall and the other is a curb. The entrance on both sides has 8-inch yellow-painted metal rods filled with concrete and rebar. If you backed into that store's wall, that would be quite bad of course. You might even make the news because such things are so rare (never seen such an accident) because drivers to that supermarket are all skilled and part of that supermarket's owned supply chain. No lying temp agency contract employees.

>The new fedex guy rammed my dock at a 15deg angle and fucked up my deckplate.

Make sure you report him and have it documented twice. You report him thru the normal channel and once again at the upper channel as a formal complaint to corporate that the image of FedEx is being damaged. Get rid of trash employees. That will make room for genuine employees that really do want to do a good job but cannot because that trash employee is filling the slot and using discrimination laws to remain employed. So that's why you have to do two separate complaints in case the local fedex manager is going to sacrifice your future deckplates so that his complaint record remains clean when he finds some technicality to trash your complaint in the normal channel.

Eminem?

And OP, it's a straight truck. Don't be a pussy. Backing them is one of the easier things, it's not like driving a tractor trailer. With a little box truck like that, there are like 3 things to remember.

>1) The mirrors are the widest thing and the box is wider than cars, so know your limits.
But I have folded in a handful of mirrors in tight spots before so whatever. As long as you don't break them, you are straight.
>2) The truck is taller than a car
Although a little box like in the OP pic is probably only ~11ft. Anyway watch out for low hanging branches because limbs will rip right through the box. Don't try the McDonald's drive-thru with a 7'6" clearance.
>3) Your rear bumper will swing out further than the rear tires on tight turns
That is the one, if anything, that could fuck you up, when the rear bumper is extended 4'-5' past the rear axle, it is going to swing out a foot or two when you make really tight turns. I have almost fucked up so many straight trucks when I'm driving my tractor trailer and they try to make a U-turn and the end of their fucking truck runs into my lane 2'.

The best in class slogan always gets me on that pic

Tbh it shouldn't be legal to drive U-Haul trucks with a class D. I was so surprised that it was legal for me to go rent a truck, haphazardly load it with shifting cargo, put a trailer on it, and haul my car across three states. Learned a lot though but damn that wiggly load was terrifying. Mad respect for real truckers. Cant believe how cavalier people are around trucks.

>wah how do i reverse a rigid
For fuck sake man, those little animals have better lock to lock action than D1 cars

You'll be fine and don't worry

>Approved to drive box truck.
>No CDL.

what

10/10

>needed a job
>appled at the shipping yard, said i was an OSHA certified forklift driver
>never driven a forklift before in my life
>get hired, show up at my first day
>drive the forklift right off the loading dock because I had no clue why last I was doing
>forklift is just laying on its side after taking the 4 foot drop
>get out and just stand there looking at it
>yard boss walks up and asks what happend
>told em it was like this when I got here
>he believed it

8 years later im still working at the same place.