Is it possible to manual swap ANY car if you can find someone to fabricate the parts...

Is it possible to manual swap ANY car if you can find someone to fabricate the parts? Assuming the car is not offered in a manual tranny.

How about the RC-F? I can't find any sort of semblance of a discussion for it

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/19/your-money/in-sales-of-luxuries-geography-matters-.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because nobody is dumb enough to spend $70k on a luxury car and another $30k for
>muh feels

Also assuming money isnt an issue. I mean with that logic you might as well buy a rusty 1980 space occupier shitbox because it performs the same task as every other more expensive car.

Not hostile m8, just asking

literally impossible and cannot be done

Okay but why? Is it the space? The automatic parts can't be uninstalled? Would it fuck up the balance of the car since manual trannies are lighter than autos?

It's done to crown vics

He's being sarcastic. Of course it can be done you goose.

Been done many times with LS/SC400s, Cressidas, ect.

In fact, my next car might be an R154 swapped Celsior. That would be god tier

Isn't that because there's a manual equivalent that goes right in anyway?

Aristos with the 2JZ-GTE are an easy one too.

As far as I know, there are adapter kits and some fabrication is involved.

2jzgte swaps with a MK4 Supra V160 trans would be expensive af, the trans itself is like 5k.

Anythings possible with enough money.

32637.75 Ruble and an afternoon if you know what I mean

WHy would you do that to an RCF?

RCF is meant for mature non-boiracer driver who wants to know he can pass on the highway with ease, but not have to tinker with his car and just continue being busy being a doctor or professional and live his life, just have a luxurious relatively quick car.

srsly only poor ppl and trashy ppl modify their cars. yes you can post 500,000 lambos with some atrocious widebody kit or somethin,g there are tons of random ghetto ppl who got a buncha $ for any random reason, but respectable ppl don't do this shit

But R and F are racing letters in the car world

No manuals made for the V8s specifically.

Piss easy to adapt a T-56 for them, though. The hard part - and the thing nobody else in this thread has talked about - is the ECU.
Making the ECU which expects an auto, especially a modern one where everything is connected to everything else work properly is difficult. Modern lexus ECU are uncracked and would require a standalone in order to work, this means you can say goodbye to half your luxury shit.

With enough money or skills you can

This

With modern cars, the most difficult thing ends up being the computers whenever you want to swap an engine or trans.

Getting the actual trans hooked up to the engine is the easy part, just will probably take some special bell housing, a custom-length drivshaft, and then making room for the stick and pedal. Lots of fab but at least it is straightforward and all mechanical.

But then the car's computer is still trying to run the car with an 8spd DCT. And I'm pretty sure it's not just a matter of jailbreaking it like your iPhone. Plus these newer cars always have some fucked up anti-theft systems tied in with the computers and you need to find a way to satisfy all of those requirements after messing with the computers.

The handful of engine or trans swaps I have seen IRL on OBDI and II cars, it always ends with a car that doesn't want to run because of some strange proprietary security thing with the computers.

It's yet another reason to hate modern cars, and the reason i'm going to be driving 90s turbobeasts until such a time as electric cars become common.

I'll skip all your bullshit 500 interconnected computers and 50kg worth of emissions control systems installed when the engine is out of the car with no way to get to any of it when it fucks up and go straight to a single moving part, thanks.

If that's the case why do I distinctly remember the RCF as being marketed like it was a drift toy? Doesn't seem too mature to me.

Completely agree with you user.

>Being this sheltered
sorry m8, i know software guys, doctors, dentists, engineers, accountants etc that modify their cars.
the accountant makes his own carbonfibre body panels, dashboards, seats etc.
modifying cars doesn't mean being a jegs babby who is only interested in muh HIDs and muh drilled brake discs

That way the loser kids of parents that can afford the car would brag about it to their mates who also have financially well off parents who would then start to look into the car because it seems hip and cool then they would go to work or the golf club and tell Charles their cuck friend about how great the car sounds and looks and so on

>assuming his less then 1% encounters is what the rest of the general population does
>calls the other user sheltered
Kek

fuck off, its this mentality that leads to actual sports cars like the rc f not having aftermarket.

t. GS400 owner

It might take an aftermarket ecu...

most people don't modify cars at all. out of the few that do a subsantial amount are wealthy professionals.
i'm not sure what kind of mental gymanstics you're trying to perform but the other user was wrong.
maybe if you weren't so sheltered and talked to people at car meets you'd know.

On the doll. Where it touched you. Now.

Silly idea considering auto enthusiasts make up less than 5% of the population.
Why was it advertised as a drift toy?

>still making a general claim based off of his encounters and no actual facts
>95% statistics are 100% made up all the time every time

Lol wat this ain't a role playing board

None of what I said had anything to do with auto enthusiasts

>implying i said i had empirical data
>implying my anecdotal data isn't a valid counter to the baseless assertion that professionals don't modify cars

mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/19/your-money/in-sales-of-luxuries-geography-matters-.html

>Jim Taylor, vice president of YouGov, a marketing firm that conducts a study of the top 10 percent of American consumers called the Survey of Affluence and Wealth, said affluent people were buying fewer things but craving quality in those purchases. “There’s been a change from a freewheeling-spending upper class to a carefully-considered-spending upper class,” he said.

Affluent professionals would rather buy a luxury car, which accounts for half of their annual income and is most likely financed, just for the sake of owning something luxurious. As for modifying, if it isn't necessary then it is deemed and useless in the eyes of be affluent.

I'm not talking about the cross section of rich people, i know modifying cars is a niche thing.
I'm talking about the cross section of that niche.

a good number of Lexus cars

Further explain because I'm lost friend

I'm saying the vast majority of people of any financial setting do not modify cars.
Out of the small percentage of people who do, plenty are wealthy professionals.
They don't do it because they can't afford a faster car, they do it because they can afford the hobby and have been into cars since they were kids. They don't buy the cheapest tat off of ebay, they buy high end stuff. They don't rig up some half assed setup full of bird shit welds on their front lawn, they go and make carbonfibre parts in the large workshop that they built themselves in their large house. They'll be doctors or lawyers who can quickly learn the basics of engineering, and could have got a degree and career in it if they wanted and are also skilled with their hands.
These people exist, I know they do. The other user said they don't.
They don't waste half their day on social media wishing they could have this or that, they go out and do it, knowing they might start off shit but if they persevere they'll eventually get better and accomplish their goal.
So no, modifying cars isn't just for losers.