Ford shifting all U.S. small-car production to Mexico

freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2016/09/14/mexico-ford-shiftng-us-car-production-mexico/90355146/

>CEO Mark Fields told investors the move is part of plans to make production simpler and less expensive

>Even Toyota is more American than Ford.

>ST
>metallic
>stripes

Must be my cars big brother

Fucking stupid...

Someone already made a thread about this.

They even interviewed a guy at Ford and Trump also commented on it.

>"Even Toyota is more American than Ford."
Put it on a billboard.

MAKE

MEXICO

PAY

10ft higher

I don't understand a lot of the controversy

isn't more truck production being moved to the US?

A new US bronco and ranger!? YES!

>Buy M3 made in Mexico
>Go around telling people I drive a [north] American car
Good logic. Inb4 yuropoors pretending euro ford still isn't American

>implying there's a difference between US and Mexican workers at this point

It's sad that I trust fucking Mexicans to do a better job than the uaw faggots.

Less regulation in mexico, and it's cheaper to build and maintain a plant.

>Ford's Jewing it up again and moving production to 3rd world slave labor countries because Ecoboost engines were too high quality and overbuilt.

>A new US bronco and ranger!? YES!

oh shit first I heard of this. last time I got excited about that news it was an april fools article.

I wonder how Mexican car factories are run.
The parts supply in Maryland that fed the Chrysler Newark Plant wasn't unionized. Those people got worked to death 10 miles away in Newark my dad was making like $60k a year putting brakes on cars.

I have friends at Ford, they've confirmed to me that the ranger is coming back

Because he's just saying shit. No proof of a real bronco, just people drooling over concept pics. And a new bronco will just be a new explorer with a badge. The new ranger is under way but it will just be fords version of the chevy colorado/gmc canyon now. The pics I've seen make it look fuck huge.

Yeah I'd rather trust a white NEET with no skills over a hard working Mexican

>buying FWD

You don't need friends to confirm that. Ford actually announced it months back that they are bringing back the Ranger.

bad idea
now fords can have vw quality

its like they want Trump to win

wait... maybe that's it... It's all a scheme... The automakers want to make cars in the US but they know they can't. so they purposefully piss people off by publicizing their plant closures and their move to mexico, to give Trump more fuel so when he wins, he can make some legislation to make American manufacturing viable again

15 DIMENSIONAL MAHJONG

Euro fords are fucking terrible shit heaps have you ever owned a mid 2000s transit or mondeo?

Take a note from Volkswagen.

Mexico and turbos do not mix.

Trump's not gonna win. I've accepted fate.

I still have a hard time believing that here are millions of Americans who would elect Biff Tannen to the presidency.

I have a hard time believing millions of people would elect a corpse

Built Hombre Toughâ„¢

Mexico is located in North America, fuck kid

t. christopher de la plata y del mar, D.F. resident

This argument naver made sense to me. Say the claims are true, and Hilary is in fact on death's door.

So? Does that magically make Trump more qualified than Tim Kaine?

What are you..chicken?

who the fuck is tim kaine? literally nobody.

Trump has been consistent in his political positions for the past 30 years, and been involved in the world of politics for just about that long

Kinda shitty for Americans, but these cars are typically in the $13,000-$20,000 price range, given how expensive American labor is and union fuckery, low wage production bases are going to be the only way for automakers to break even on cheaper vehicles in the coming years. Trump can say he'll toss a 35% import tax on cars moving from Mexico to the USA, but unless he can magically alter economics or is willing to directly subsidize compact cars made in America, it's not going to be a true solution. As a Mexican I'm going to sound biased, but it's not Americans are really losing any jobs with this announcement. They already build the Fiesta, Figo and Fusion here. All their doing is moving the Focus and upcoming electric sedan production here. In return, they killed Mexican production of the F150 and will be building the Ranger and Bronco in the US soon, which are more expensive and far more proifitable than the vehicles built in Mexico. It's much easier for them to break even on higher value products. The only expensive Mexican built Fords are the hybrid electric Fusions and MKZs built in Sonora and those are there because the Mexican government gave special funding to build electric vehicles.

Regarding quality, the current Ford plant building the Fusion/MKZ won a bunch of quality control awards. The only issue I know of with Mexican build Fords is in the Fiesta and they have problems due to the shitty Chinese transmissions, not because Juan screwed it together instead of John. Japs build Toyota and Honda vehicles here and they're extremely reliable. Mexican made VWs just suck because VW is a shitty company that cuts corners.

This.

I'd trust juan to bolt something together properly more than i would billy-bob.

Macroeconomics course will tell you this is a good thing. Besides, the plant that made these cars will be making the bronco and ranger.

You're retards if you believe this, the ranger is like 95% the size of the F150, only missing out on a little bit of towing capacity (8,000lbs).
It makes no sense for them to cannibalize sales unless they're planning to make the F150 bigger, which would cut into sales of the F250, etc etc

Ford already confirmed that they're bringing the Ranger and Bronco back. My theory is that they'll probably only offer them with lower displacement V6 options or an I4 diesel. That or they'll be moving the F150 more upmarket. Given that Ford has been spotted testing V6 diesel F150s, I think both.

The problem with going all big engines in the 150 is that it pushes the tow capacity up, cutting into the 250 market.

If they do actually do this, the ranger/everest (bronco) will probably be the 2L I4 diesel or a detuned 2.7L ecoboost with the 3.2L I5 not offered in order to keep the capacity down to 7000lbs ish, which would make them shit

It just seems stupid, i could see maybe offering the everest as a new bronco and throwing a 3.5L ecoboost in it, that would be pretty sweet, but the current ranger is just too close to the F150 for comfort

>will probably be the 2L I4 diesel or a detuned 2.7L ecoboost
This is exactly what I think. Americans didn't respond well to current Ranger/Everest styling so they're heavily modifying them, to bring them more in line with the F150/Expedition styling. The new Bronco is supposed to be a direct Jeep Wrangler fighter so I think it'll likely end up an Everest with a removable back top and redesigned fascias.

I could see them getting a 2.7 ecoboost edtuned to 300hp being the optional engine while the V6 2.7 is base. I could even see them going with the 2.3L turbo I4 as their base engine. GM thought the Canyon would cut into Sierra sales, but it really didn't. They're different types of buyers. I'd never really consider an F150 seriously as what little construction I do is small enough to fit in my car or my friends Tacoma, but I am seriously considering a Ranger or Bronco if the diesel models end up hitting the US.

No, I don't live on a flyover continent.

You americans should boycott Ford, eventhough it'll probably not hurt them, it's important to send a message.
I don't know how realistic Trumps plans to bring back some jobs to the US are, but I think if I had to vote, I'd vote him, not only for muh jobs, but also because of muh immigrants. I hate the car lobbie, fuck Zetsche for taking part in the destruction of this country and fuck ford too.

funny, the only thing in my entire home which is made in mexico is this GE water heater with a faulty thermo couple attached to the pilot unit

10s of millions own this heater as its the most affordable one at home depot

this heater has really pissed off many americans.
when you lose hot water you are fucked because you cant shower.
this stupid utility is so important for our lives it will stop everything

i have no doubt the same will manifest with ford, only it will be something much worse.
screenshot this post.
moving to mexico will bite ford hard in the ass and be more costly than keeping production in the US

you can't take a fucking cold shower?

>moving to mexico will bite ford hard in the ass and be more costly than keeping production in the US
Except it won't. People said the same shit about production moved out of the US for decades.

I don't think so, people also buy mexican VWs. If the americans are somewhat like the germans, they'll act all upset at first, but after two or three weeks nobody cares anymore.

Even Mercedes is more american than Ford

Have you ever thought that maybe VW and GE are just shit companies?

Mercedes makes cars in Mexico too ;^)

lol no dude
and you cant take showers at others peoples house haha

do you really want to bring all you bathroom shit to your moms house and have to dodge her cunt rag in the shower? its not happening

people dont really know how important their waterheater is until they lose it.
you are fucked until it is fixed

you need to call someone to come asap who is going to fuck you even harder in the ass

millions of seething mad pissed off americans from this dude

over 10 million americans own this heater and it has 100% failure rate

lots and lots of rage

very bad luck

yes, that's why I'm never going to buy a german car again, but that doesn't change the fact that people buy their stuff anyways.

I dont mind, more jobs in mexico give spics a reason to stay in mexico.

But I'll never buy one.

i didnt have to call anyone but the whole tank has to come apart and it needs to be drained first.
everything about a failing water heater is just a fucking mess.
its the one single appliance you actually need in your home

It used to be the cars were made in flint and you don't drink the water in mexico

NOW THE CARS ARE MADE IN MEXICO AND YOU DONT DRINK THE WATER IN FLINT!

typically i dont run into things which are made in mexico.
so having a catastrophic failure on the one thing you own which is made in mexico is pretty bad.

everything that i own which is german in not shit.
although VW definitely is shit, its not the only thing they make

>Work for the Ford Superduty Plant
>They constantly remind us that the Mexican Wire Looms are out of stock and we can't run
>Have literally only gotten 24 hours this week on the cheapest shift to run, night shift weekday
>Every single day they tell us we're going 10 hours
>They cut it back mid shift within the legal requirements, 6 minutes, and tell us to leave
>mexico just had a holiday, the wire looms factory didn't run
>come back to work next week and I bet we will be out of wire looms again, and worse
>don't have short work week yet, has to be a year
>getting fuck all in a paycheck
>actually thinking about getting a weekly part time job at autozone or something

This fucking sucks.
Fuck you mark fields.

Pic related, a truck with an improperly made wireloom that had to be taken off farther down the line because mexico can't make shit right.

FiST was already hecho en mexico.

What's a good week and what's a bad week pay?

$300 is an awful fucking week.
$400 is what I've been getting.
$640 is a basic week.
$900 is a "we NEED YOU TO WORK" week

All after taxes.

How do you know it's america?
>white guys outnumbered 7 to 2
Oh

Jesus Ford payin like walmart.

benefits, decent bonuses, union coverage between supervisors, and a 10 dollar an hour raise in 8 years.
It works out pretty well if you just have a wrenching hobby and don't mind living in a suburb.

Bro i make like double that making pretzels, why?

How do you feel about auto makers moving production to right to work states in the south? Is that preferable to Mexico as a union member?

Right to work states can have unions. You're not getting out of UAW if you produce in the USA.

>$400
Christ I make that in my shit-tier entry level customer service job