You idiots still using this garbage? breaks pumps, damages sensors and clogs up the lines

You idiots still using this garbage? breaks pumps, damages sensors and clogs up the lines.

Rain x products are shit and damage your car, you've been warned.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15752601/Rain-X_Semen
classaction.org/rain-x-lawsuit
northtownevw.com/blog/how-to-fix-volkswagen-rain-x-windshield-wiper-fluid-problems/
carcomplaints.com/news/2015/rain-x-washer-fluid-sensor-lawsuit.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The fuck is that going to break in a washer fluid tank? Maybe you should buy a car from a manufacturer that can handle producing a simple pump.

Its literally alcohol retard

Is there an Anti-Rain X agenda going on that I'm not aware of?

He's probably the one working on the cars ya idiot

Yes yes.
Well done OP
Thank you for your opinions. I'll be sure to ignore them like everything else you say.

The washer fluid literally contains a dissolved polymer (Polydimethylsiloxane) that falls out of suspension over time or when you pour in regular non retarded washer fluid. It turns into a plastic skin that gums up the level sensor and clogs the pump and lines.

People have been complaining about this shit for years but they still keep producing it and selling it to unwary consumers. There needs to be a class action suit to put them out of business for good.

>Oy vey, goy! We're so sorry that your windshield was completely obstructed and caused you to total your new car. Now, let's talk about financing that new ride!

what happens if you only run rain-x then?

brand new car, empty tank and ONLY run rain-x as an example

The polymer skins over the tank and sensor over the months. Will eventually fail. Pouring in regular fluid just causes a chemical reaction that makes it happen immediately. Google it, the list of people who have been fucked by this product is miles long.

I have to take off the front of my car in the pouring rain now because this shit was on sale a year ago. Didn't even notice something was wrong until i ran out of fluid and the sensor didn't warn me. Put in new fluid, everything was fine for a day and then bam pump just fucking quit. I'll post the gore when i pull the pump out.

Someone escaped their containment board

Lol op is the same retard that complained last week about using rain x wrong because he was too retarded to read and follow the directions yet somehow figured out how to make a thread about it while jacking off to the people explaining to him how stupid he was

I use 50% water 50% crystal pepsi

>Is there an Anti-Rain X agenda going on that I'm not aware of?

There are a lot of cars that use a cheap windshield washer fluid level sensor that is merely two metal prongs exposed to the liquid. When electricity stops being conducted thru the prongs, the "Windshield Washer Fluid Is Low" light appears on the dash. Not all cars have this notably GM. However, Chrysler, Volkswagon, and a bunch other manufacturers use the cheap prong instead of the floating ball method (more expensive).

Rain-X works on the windshield by coating it with a water repellant. The water doesn't reach the windshield (unless grime and debri is stuck on the glass). The same thing happens to the metal prongs. Rain-X coats the prongs and the conductivity drops. Thus the warning light appears which looks bad cosmetically.

Many users have fixed the problem on their own by accessing the plastic container and replacing the sensor or cleaning the metal prongs. If you let the stealership do it, then of course it is hundreds of dollars. If a stealership had to pump your gas, they'd find some excuse to make the gas cost $20 per gallon. So much of the repair costs problem belongs to stealerships.

Another part of the problem is manufacturers using super cheap approaches that are subject to electrolysis to begin with. Even without Rain-X, electrolysis (corrosion) occurs on such metal prongs.

Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges! GM cars don't use prongs in washer fluid either. Anyways, to me, having a windshield washer fluid sensor seems unnecessary frivolity and is just one more thing that can go wrong.

>Lol op is the same retard that complained last week about using rain x wrong because he was too retarded to read and follow the directions yet somehow figured out how to make a thread about it while jacking off to the people explaining to him how stupid he was

In that previous thread, OP had several problems going on. One was that he didn't communicate in the thread properly. He basically refused to answer simple questions. All he wanted to do was complain and attack Rain-X.

The substance in his spray bottle did not seem to be Rain-X from the way it was described. OP said it was a somewhat thick waxy liquid with strong solvent smell.

>Anyways, to me, having a windshield washer fluid sensor seems unnecessary frivolity and is just one more thing that can go wrong.

If the sensor were not there, idiots would continue to pull the washer stalk while the reservoir is empty, which will burn out the pump, leaving the washer system useless. Not everyone has mechanical empathy or understands that running a fluid pump with nothing in it is very bad.

>pull washer stalk
>muffled saint pepsi/can't afford under the hood

Good thing I use Windex!

I can't remember the last time I used the washer fluid to clean my windshield.

I just deleted the washer bottle it can easily be hooked back up

My nigga

I can only assume this orange shit at the bottom of the tank is rain x residue, but it looks like my pump failed from just being old and corrosion on the outside.

Flushed that shit out of there and need to get me a new pump.

> pull the stalk
> nothing comes out
Maybe I should pull it some more

Is there anything I can apply myself like out of a spray bottle that will help prevent windows from fogging up??

Bump for this

>Is there anything I can apply myself like out of a spray bottle that will help prevent windows from fogging up??

It's ironic to recommend another Rain-X product in an anti-rainx thread, but they do make a good anti-fogging product for your front windshield or any untinted windows. It works great in my car versus inside condensation during winter time. Do not apply to tinted windows. But your tint shop or the literature/warranty already told you to never apply solvents or ammonia to your tints anyways. But I guess some people go TL;DR to their regret. The rain-x site even says not to apply their anti-fog to tinted windows as it has solvent in it.

Applying anti-fog product fails again for those who do not follow instructions or think about what they are doing. These people eat a pizza with bare hands and then go wipe a window with rain-x using their unwashed hands and wonder why it doesn't work.

this is true anti rain rain x just fogs your windsheild to no end

Yeah, clean washed hands or gloves.
Small durable piece of paper towel such as a small torn off piece of Bounty. Bigger pieces waste the rain-x since you use more liquid to saturate the wiper. The window should be cleaned. Cigarette residues, smog, and other oil films from "air freshener" products should be cleaned off as those increase interior fogging.

The rain-x wears off over time as more smog and oil films deposit on the window diluting the rain-x effect. It seems to stick to the window since wiping with microfiber to remove grime still has a less foggy window than before applying rain-x antifog. But I sometimes apply a refresher after awhile.

It's not a spray bottle. You saturate a small wiping cloth and then wipe it onto the window. Use a small piece of material or else you waste the rain-x. That's why I use a small piece of paper towel that I tear off and fold over to be two layers. It makes more trouble, but I conserve on rain-x. Heck, I still have a lot left after four years. heh heh So it has been economical to use. Damn I hate that fog. Rain-X does cut it down a lot. I can't apply Rain-x to the rear windshield due to tint, but I make sure the air is moving inside the car onto the rear window. That helps the defroster work much faster. Some cars have air blowers for the rear windshield, but my poor little car doesn't .

Shaving gel. Dead srs. Google it.

There are cars with low windscreen washer sensors? Did l fall for a meme?

I like you

>There are cars with low windscreen washer sensors? Did l fall for a meme?
If you googled, you would have found quite a few cars have fluid level sensors for the windshield washer fluid. Some car manufacturers such as GM do not. If no fluid comes out, most people stop and don't keep running the pump dry for five minutes in a row. A momentary lack of fluid doesn't burn the pump out.

It's service writers at stealerships that want to sell more parts and servicing that tell you the cars are so delicate that everything burns out and needs servicing right away. Those people have a financial interest in convincing you to get unnecessary parts replacement such as your slightly warped rotor that needs turning, but they will say it needs replacement whereupon they still sell you a turning for the fresh rotor thus wearing it down yet even more. But the more that they convince you to sign the contract, the more bonus they make at the end of the month.

Are you the same user who started that Rain-X thread about ten days ago? It was something called 'Devils Semen' or some retarded shit, where you (allegedly) didn't follow the instructions correctly?

Nigger what? My fucking '92 Cherokee that has literally no options but 4x4, auto and tow package has a fucking washer bottle sensor.

wtf are you talking about? what sensors?

Bet this is the same dumbass who couldn't apply Rain X on his windshield correctly.

For those who don't know about windshield washer fluid sensors, the original anti rain-x thread is at:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15752601/Rain-X_Semen

Go down to the post where someone thanked a previous poster for the advice about rain-x washer fluid not being advised for use in certain cars using extra-cheap sensors (volkswagon, chrysler). I especially liked that poster's way of saying thanks by posting the informative URLs for more info. I wish more posters were like that.

My 85 New Yorker talked to me and told me the washer fluid was low. Shit, my 85 Grand Marquis had a dash light for it. You can can see it in pic to the left of the fuel gauge.

copypasta from that archived thread

>The pink or orange fluid damages your level sensor, tank and overall spray system. Look it up.

Thank you for the warning. I was actually thinking of gong out and buying some after reading that post saying it worked.

classaction.org/rain-x-lawsuit

There are a LOT of complaints about that fluid not being compatible with certain cars that have a simple two metal prong sensor in the fluid reservoir to tell the driver the windshield washer fluid is low. Apparently, the polysilohexane likes to coat those terminals with a water repellant coating. The conductivity falls and the car's computer thinks the fluid level is low and turns the warning light on the dash. Dealers charge up to $300 to remove the reservoir to get at the sensor prongs to wipe them off and then reinstall the reservoir. Some car owners do this themselves without needing a dealer.

northtownevw.com/blog/how-to-fix-volkswagen-rain-x-windshield-wiper-fluid-problems/

As a result, the maker of Rain-X has been hit with a class action lawsuit alleging it deceived consumers by indicating its windshield washer fluid was suitable for use in all mass-produced vehicles. The lawsuit says this product isn’t compatible with certain vehicles. According to the suit, Rain-X shouldn’t be used in cars made by:

Volkswagen
Audi
Mini Cooper
BMW
Mercedes Benz
Chrysler

As with stealerships, Rain-X is refusing to cover costs of repairs.

On the other hand, lots of people have used Rain-X orange or green fluid successfully for many years in a row. But those people don't have windshield washer fluid level sensors. I say the more sensors you have, the more something can go wrong with just the sensors! Washer fluid sensors seems to be overdoing things.

If you have worries about a product, check the car complaints site:
carcomplaints.com/news/2015/rain-x-washer-fluid-sensor-lawsuit.shtml

I just bought a filled one gallon with this, it was on sale, should I be fine when it runs out and I put in regular stuff?

Rainex is owned by Shell, They are to powerful to even Sue.

I use PEAK brand that I buy at sam's club in a box of six one gallon bottles for $11.87. At wal-mart, the Rain-X orange gallon is $2.84. They also sell prestone and windex washer fluids. I don't like the prestone because it uses ethylene glycol (antifreeze) in addition to the usual methyl alcohol. Alcohol evaporates off paint, but that ethylene glycol would sit on the paint for awhile as it is hygroscopic. The windex is summer only but I assume wal-mart will switch to winter versions sooner or later.

VOC content is usually from methyl alcohol. At least the Rain-X one has a huge VOC content so that hopefully will keep it from going smelly since alcohol kills a lot of bacteria.

>he uses his car enough to need windsheild washer fluid
>not removing it to save the 3 gallons in liquid weight

MOREOVER

>his windsheild washer resovoir isnt in the trunk

I just put water in my washer fluid tank

I've had five cars from five different manufacturers and I've never seen a low washer light. I rarely use mine though, if I need to use my windscreen washer it's usually time to wash the whole car.

I hooked up my washer fluid to inject into my intake when I start running boost.
I don't have any trouble with this shit.

If your washer fluid reservoir cap has a breathing hole, then grit can get into the liquid. If you use the reservoir as a convenient source of liquid, that grit will also go into wherever you send that liquid.

Have jeep -> chrysler product

got it used and have had it for 5 or 6 years and have been using rain-x Orange washer fluid the entire time

0 problems.......

OP here.

Water somehow got inside my pump motor housing and fucked up the insides.

Rain x is off the hook for now.

How do you stop plain water from going rancid in the fluid tank?

Got a 99 Buick Regal and mine has a sensor, pic related (not my cluster but similar)

Dirty gritty water gets all over inside the engine compartment if you drive in the rain on a freeway. Most of the water is not from rain. It's from the misty rooster tails being thrown up by all the cars.

I've ridden on light rail going over the freeway and seen below me both a pretty and alarming sight. With all the cars on the freeway, the large amount of rooster tail water mist makes the cars look like they're driving in a white haze going up as high as eight feet off the road.

If all cars equipped "mud flaps" I bet a lot of the rooster tail mist would be reduced. And fewer rocks would be thrown up too. Only a few cars seem to use those mud guards.

The reservoir and pump are buried in the front right corner in front of the wheel well. The pump itself has an electrical connector cap that is sealed by o-ring, the cap slots into the back of the DC motor. On mine everything inside the cavity shown by the red line was rusted and corroded to shit and it didn't look like it was an internal leak.

To illustrate. Pretty hard to get water spray in there.

>muh sensors

There are no fucking sensors in most windshield washer systems. A sensor is a computer input which usually changes it's voltage or resistance and is interpreted by the computer as changes in temperature, pressure, position, frequency of rotation, etc. What you think is a "sensor" is actually a switch, which means it's either on or off. When the fluid gets low enough the switch either opens or closes depending on the manufacturer then your low level light turns on.

If you dont like having to take the whole car apart to get to anything dont buy a shitty snap together plastic toyota.

my dad one backed a toyota rental minivan out of a driveway with a semi steep incline, it almost pulled the whole front end off when the chin caught the driveway surface.. ...

we attempted partial repair so the front end was not flapping around and found out the entire thing had only 3 or 4 bolts in it, the rest just snapped together.

>He has a gas tank bigger than 5 gallons
>Purposefully weighting yourself down
C U C K

Mine is actually a precrashed vehicle so the front is held together by wood screws drilled into various plastic bits. It's a pretty easy car to work on, just pulled the front off, installed the new pump and a couple of screws later everything's back together.

I also like how high up everything on this car is, I regularly park with the front +tow hook sticking well over sidewalks.

A switch that conveys information is a sensor you faggot. What do you think proximity sensors do on CNC machines idiot.

Was it the satan's semen thread? I remember that?

My Elantra has "mud guards" and I was wondering about their exact purpose since I do not ride offroad. Thank you for this. I think I understand

You don't know anything

>Not having over 35 gallons for dat cruising range

YOU again?

I thought we all told you to read the instructions!

Op here.

I'm at a war with my windshield. No matter how much I clean it always looks dirty when the sun is low on the horizon.

I heard about using extra fine steel wool to remove embedded particles in the glass but it didn't do shit.

I think there are tiny microscopic chips all over the windshield from extended highway driving.

That last part, you got sandblast man gg