/ovg/ - Not Dagumi enough Edition

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

first for cones

>Matt Malone

Such a punchable face.

Here's some cones.

>Such a punchable face.
you are a big fat turkey

Larguu pickups are ove so if anyone wanna join the C1 server go for it.

>larguu is hosting pickup races
I'm glad I left this toxic place ages ago if this is what its come to.

>gear display shows R

replay

you're still here buddy

stiguy - very fast cool smart handsome

larguu - very slow gay dumb ugly

ranwec when

this desu my famel

The farther I get it, the more I enjoy it. Just under 500 rating now on my Dirt Focus.

I tried playing it for like 5 minutes but the driving was fucking atrocious. I could pretty much just pinball off the walls and run straight into trees without losing speed and the car would easily accelerate from a dead stop in 4th gear and all kinds of shit like that.

Does it really get any better? Because no wonder they're giving it away for free.

All major sim racing websites have reported on the ISI news, except VirtualR

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Really makes you think

If you are running F/S/P you won't be going shit for speed off the road. with D you'll go faster, but the deeper you go into grassy areas the slower you get. Raid is the only one with actual offroad advantage.

As for bouncing off trees, I'm perfectly fine with this, you'll still stop if you hit any trees head on though.

Also try it again but go into driving options and disable the assist. It will turn, brake and accelerate for you. Disabling that shit makes the game feel way better.

>using other sim racing sites than PRC
baka

Is G29 alright for a first time wheel? I'd get 27 but there are practically none anywhere where I live.

What would the press release have been if Block managed to fall into the drink?
>ken's gymkhana is yet to become as much of a failure as his rallying and rallyx

S
O
O
N

Yes

No, its out-dated tech (gear driven).
Get a T300 (belt driven) instead.
It's much smoother, has no ffb deadzone and is quieter.
I honestly don't understand how the Logitech wheels are still considered good wheels, they where overtaken by the competition a long time ago.

T300 is better for the 2 hours until it breaks

I have mine for a couple of months and it's still good, no signs of wear.
Logitech wheels on the other hand are known to have shit encoders.

>no clutch
nigga it ain't like I got hundreds to go with here, just want a okay wheel and pedals for a reasonable price

I'm not joing, because it's dumb. The person running also seems to have a hate boner for f1 cars. Which are better than the whole c1 server combined.

yes

fucking dfgt is alright for a first time wheel, g29 is basically highest model generic consumer will ever get.

The pedals that come with the G29 and the T300 are not very good so you probably want to upgrade in a couple of months anyway.
Also, both wheels don't come with a h-shifter so a clutch pedal is kinda unnecessary.

What pc sim should I get if I wanna play with you guys? How often are there races?

anyone got that Automobilista 1.0?

rfactor 1/2 and asseto corsa

Rarely. Looking like things will get more busy around here though

> download The Crew
> set up controls
> sweet, I can map a clutch to my 360 controller
> map it to LB but it's completely non functional

Why the fuck even add it as an option if you can still change gear without the clutch?

>Looking like things will get more busy around here though

reminder that RANWEC never

Nevermind, turns out you need to set your controller type to a wheel and then to manual>sequential in the wheel settings, and then back to autodetect in the controller type.

Why are you holding your breath for it? It's so clear that ranek is not interested anymore what so ever in doing it. Not a big deal anyway, would have been dead by round 2. Spend your energy finding a proper league to run in if you want to do longer races with more than 5 people.

ebic shidbost my good reddit user xD

It just isn't the same without my /ovg/ friends

One could simpley just make a "wat racing" team in said series so you can still race with ovg.
Only downside is you can't shit on organizers or drivers anonymously anymore when they fuck something up. Tough luck.

>Not looking at the doc

>Got up to level 50
>Got my cars upgraded to max level
>explored the entire US, found the data centers and car parts
>Have already seen everything the game offers in less than 3 days of going free

Only thing now is to get that rep up in order to make almost half a mil just for booting up the game, but other than that I've not done any multiplayer yet.

We'd also miss out on the dozens of webms of hektik overtakes and good or bad driving posted after the race. Mostly bad driving, but still

>tfw hotlapping your real car in a very dated sim
I can't wake up

Multiplayer isn't bad, but be prepared to feel like you are racing easy bots 90% of the time.

what happened to the miats

OVGEC/RANWEC doc is now up.

First race date is on there. I'll get a wiki page up tomorrow.

Where is Kraid's website

www.whatdoyouthinkbitchnigga.com

Hmm, good question.

sitting in the driveway awaiting judgement, if I can work a deal to store it with a family member I'll keep it

>kraid
>doing things on time

>kraid
>doing things right

Alright Kira, we need to fucking talk. This cannot be allowed to continue.

I miss seatle.

the only game that has my car is forza 6 and forza horizon 2

is kira ded

Kira has transcended our plain of existence to the higher meme dimensions.

>kraid
>doing things at all

>Looking like things will get more busy around here though
>mumble shitposting qualifies as 'busy'

is that kira

What is the list of the WEC cars for the mod?
>will miss first race
>but can make the rest
It's fucking happening

which class?

All of them

P1
audi
rebellion
porsche

p2
oreca

gte
aston
porsche
Corvette
Ferrari
Viper
BMW

Is the BMW the M6?

z4 i think

Welp, alright thanks

Links to the cars are in mumble if you need it.

what ism does he have

his face is punchable, his mannerism alone are a fucking annoyance

You forgot the godmachine Nissan nismo GTR lmp1

I saw Ranek at a grocery store in Lego Land yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person and congratulated him on making the RANWEC doc tonight, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “Huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Lego Dimensions models in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be busy and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the Lego boxes and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any shadow government 'interference',” and then turned around and winked at me. After she scanned each Lego and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by 103% RULE really loudly.

This, disable assist and play around with steering dead zone and sensitivity and the game handles pretty well. FUCK manual shifting in it though, way too slow with a gamepad.

No fucking way you've gotten all the landmarks and shit in 3 days.

I use the gamepad for shifting too though. I feel like I have just so damn much more control in the Dirt class. That long ass 5th gear and slow downshift can fuck you.

Also decided to drive to Vegas for my next story mission instead of quick travel, 50+ miles left.

Yeah I never quick travelled, always good to roadtrip. Maybe it's just me but I think there's too big of a time disconnect between pressing the button and the car shifting, Forza does it right, practically instant since a button press is instant,

Maybe not everything, but I've still hit a point where without anyone else cruising around I've become bored of just driving. I've maxed my R34 out on all specs and nobody ever bothers to do coop.

>I decided to drive to Vegas in a Dirt car
>A dirt car that's not even halfway upgraded nor is the god-king of dirt, the RuF 3400K
Gross

Are you still doing it? I sent you a request twice, but you keep denying it.

I could switch to my P class which tops out at 190, but I'm doing this as just a roadtrip.

I haven't received any requests yet. Unless it sends requests through steam. Are you MachoTaco?

Nope, not MachoTaco. I sent it to your UPlay username but both times I get request rejected. Sending it again through UPlay.

might be the only person on earth to not cheese this test for gold

>car setting the pace is slow
bitch nigga so butthurt he fails me

>awd """""""rally"""""" cars
/dump

GT4 was so good, with just one too many really frustrating flaws.

BRAD is the new CHAD

if you see brad keselarguu posting in this thread make sure to let him know that the "thundercock" isnt welcome here and that he can take his horseface dweeby beansprout neck turn it three hundred and sixty degrees and walk away

Ban all Flordians, Californians, Jew Yorkers, Canadians, Greeks, Swiss, Bongs, and Australians when?

Was able to join you for a little bit but you left early, so I ended up uncovering all the undiscovered locations on my map in the process and collecting every single wreck and data point.

Hey Spork!

Do you think you could help us get a Google signup sheet set up for our next series?

Thanks and good luck with /ogc/!

SJ come back and save /ovg/