Has anyone used terraclean...

Has anyone used terraclean? It's a machine they hook up to your fuel pump then run the engine on the terraclean stuff and it de-carbonises your engine

>terraclean.co.uk/about-terraclean

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wiViPKIoG68
youtube.com/watch?v=o5elcmhpLyA
youtube.com/watch?v=sKTp2DjugOA
youtu.be/ONp6gQXpyKU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Carbon buildup is mostly on direct injection engines. How is something that doesn't contact the backs of the valves going to clean them?

how does it work if its in the fuel and you have direct injection

They use the fuel line, it connects after the fuel pump, there's vids on YouTube

doesnt explain how it gets onto the valves

If this works on DI, I'm interested. Ecoboost engines are bad for buildup and I don't want to bother with a catch can if I don't have to

It's not a fuel additive, they run the engine completely on the terraclean fluid

It's not running on petrol, they run the car on a different combustible fluid, so it could be in the exhaust gases

Seems like snake oil to me.

>hmm interesting
youtube.com/watch?v=wiViPKIoG68

but you don't know anything about it

Bad bad goy. I ran one on my intake and pcv side on my st. It collect quite a bit of blow by.

You dumb fuck. If it's direct injection, the fuel is injected in the combustion chamber, not before the valves. Therefore it can't clean the fucking carbon off the fucking valves. Holy shit.

Is there going to be carbon on the intake valves or exhaust valves? Don't be so stupid

Are you a fuckin retard? On the intake valves you stupid shit. It's a massive issue with di engines. Kys if you don't know the first thing about engines, and get off this fucking board.

The intake valve is closed dummy, the carbon build up is on the bottom of the valves (which are in the combustion chamber) or on the exhaust valve, there's only air coming into the intake

Can someone slap this dumb nigger for me?

Protip: there's oil.

Oil? Hahahahaha, wowwwww

I sure as fuck hope you're pretending to be retarded. The valves are hot as fuck, the intake air has an oil mist in it from the pcv valve. When the mist hits the valves and port walls, it cooks on as hard carbon. Use Google before looking like a fucking bellend in future you aids ridden cunt.

Here, this is the intake of a BMW with direct injection.

no way this is real, this is a before and after from walnut blasting at the very least. kind of looks like there is still a little residue at the outside lip of the valves.

youtube.com/watch?v=o5elcmhpLyA
don't know if it works but i guess some super concentrated fuel solvent might do it, as you're addding heat and a scrubbing action by running the engine.

I wonder if redlining for 10 mins while running it on vodka would work?

possibly, you'd need to get the engine hot enough to create a vodka vapour which would soak into and loosen the carbon in the ports as the intake valves opened

Lol. No. Just no.

Kys dickhead.

"The main reason is that fuel and added detergents are not hitting the back of the intake valves. By injecting the fuel directly into the cylinder instead of at the back of the valve, the gasoline and detergents can’t clean the valve and port.

Second, leaner mixtures and higher combustion pressures can make the problem worse over time. A direct fuel injection motor produces more energy from a given amount of fuel and air than a port fuel injection engine. Today’s engines operate on a ragged edge between optimal efficiency and a misfire. There is not much room for error, like hot spots in the combustion chamber or a worn spark plug.

When a hot spot or sub-optimal flame front is created due to turbulent air, the amount of unburned fuel in the combustion chamber increases. When the valve opens during the intake stroke, it might come in contact with these byproducts, and, unlike the exhaust valve, the gases passing by are not hot enough to burn them off.

Third, the intake valve goes into the combustion chamber, regardless of whether it is port fuel injected or direct injected. When it does, for that small period of time, the valve is exposed to combustion byproducts that can stick to its neck. If the previous combustion cycle was less than optimal, the intake valve is exposed."

What does carbon buildup even do? My carbed bike had plenty in the combustion chamber but the intake port looked pretty clean IIRC.

Does that mean direct injection engines have an inadvertent built-in failure mechanism if the carbon buildup on the intake valve becomes large? Do such engines need to have the top of the engine taken off and the intake valve ports physically cleaned?

>Seems like snake oil to me.
It's snake oil if it doesn't somehow inject detergent such that the intake ports and backs of the intake valves get cleaned. For direct injection engines, it's the air intake valves and their ports that have buildup.

If Terraclean fuel is nothing more than regular premium fuel with 20 bottles of PEA additive added, then it would be disappointing.

>It's a machine they hook up to your fuel pump then run the engine on the terraclean stuff

Seems more like they are substituting their tiny gas tank for your car's big tank. That way, the terraclean people don't have to waste a lot of money. They can take a tiny gas tank, pour in 20 bottles of Techron, and have an ultra concentrated cleaning fuel session with your engine.

The Terraclean website reads like a scam site. It offers no real explanation about the company on its "About" page. It also doesn't describe how it works on the "How it Works" page. It just talks sideways about something else and then doesn't even directly state that those magical scientists are the principals of Terraclean.

It looks like Terraclean is selling snake oil. Their terraclean fuel is probably premium non ethanol fuel to which was added a lot of PEA and other detergents. It would be far cheaper if you just added a big overdose of techron to your next gas tank fill up at a Top Tier gas station. Since Costco puts 5X the detergent, adding more techron to that gas might do the trick for your carbureted or throttle body engine.

How much of what is in your catch can actually oil? Some pics on Focus ST forum shows they mainly fill up with fuel and water

>Positive crankcase vent
>Anything but oil
Nigga what. I am from the vw side of things unfortunately, but ive NEVER heard of that

Cars use a little bit of exhaust in the intake for emissions. That is why we have carbon issues. We force engines to shit where they eat.

It's not snake oil if it works. They probably don't want to say what it is because it's easy to copy.
But if it is a PEA overdose and not just regular fuel with them pretending to do something then it's not a scam and they're not ripping you off.

It's a mix of oil and fuel. Water vapor is also in there.

EGR is nothing compared to blowby from PCV shitting all over your intake. Burning oil is responsible for most of the carbon, combustion products are trivial in comparison.

If you don't want to worry about carbon on the intake get a catch can and you will never worry about these issues. Get one with enough capacity so you only have to drain whenever you change the oil.

OEMs would use catch cans but we can't even get people to change their oil much less empty out yet another fluid. Water injection is unpopular for similar reasons. Instead they just design engines to last long enough that by the time carbon is a problem you're out of warranty and it isn't their problem.

No faggot it's the oil from pcv that causes the issue.

be sure to squat next to the door in a tracksuit for best results.

It can cause sticky valves and poor airflow.

EDD CHINA APPROVED OF THIS YEARS AGO
youtube.com/watch?v=sKTp2DjugOA

If you want to clean carbon out of your engine you either
>waste money on seafoam or equivalent, inducting it via a vacuum lines
or
>get the engine up to operating temperature and mist water into the intake
You're fucking retarded.

lmao

7/10

youtu.be/ONp6gQXpyKU

What a fucking awful hair style

Gee Sergei you are of genius!

It works, I had it done on a car previously, more as an experiment to see if I could notice a difference.

Car was noticeably smoother running, pick up was better, and it even brought a faulty lambda sensor back to life. Fuel economy improved slightly as well.

Cost me about £80, but results were good, definitely not just a placebo.

The car I did it on was running a bit rough, so the effects were very noticeable, but I would think the results will vary greatly.