/shmupg/ - shooting game general

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

Blue Revolver
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/Shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Crx1UkHD2FE
youtube.com/watch?v=Cr55snJEKUg
youtube.com/watch?v=TYNAvz5e-gk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for MAME scores aren't scores.

second for Cee is a mentally ill chav

reminder to use savestates to clear a game in 1/3 of the time it would usually take

5ifth for big fish

Sixth for sanny is a sloat lmbfao and youmu is a boy!

You may have missed second but Cee is still a mentally ill chat.

>second
You're 3rd mate, better to be mentally ill then failing basic numerical skills in public. Ouch you do look a melon.

You may have misspelled chav but Cee still is one and is also mentally ill.

>chat.
double ouch!!! Seems retardation is contagious lads. Step your insult game up.

cream post nudez

Hey, what's goin' on in this thread?

Nothing yet, just a fairy being a bit autistic.

>Hey, what's goin' on in this thread?
cutla amateurs tried bringing the bantz to my doorstep and got their cocks caught in the letter box, absolute untermensch efforts.

18th for cirno

you heard it here, cee's mental illness is contagious! be careful lads!

didn't he just copy gus's route?

what is this?

Alright chum you big pedo

>you heard it here, cee's mental illness is contagious! be careful lads!
BUt nigga i make dis look good.

>didn't he just copy gus's route?
Ye

>what is this?
video game.

i play shmups seriously around 4 month

How do you play shmups non-seriously?

>How do you play shmups non-seriously?
ask softdrink and kevin xxl.

Throw a credit in to some shmup every once and a while and then quit after half an hour to play other genres and stuff like that.

same mentally ill chav fag

wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=Crx1UkHD2FE
one of the best last stage songs

>Puss spent his own money to fly to ASX and play Ultra on non default settings
This is the last time i laugh at him, i'm starting to feel bad about it

And? even so he still had the best shmup run at the event along with aqys 2-all muchi pork and the clueless normies in chat fucking loved it.

anyway you never clear ultra :)

Any non fullshmup people were amazed, and most fullshmuppers couldn't have done what he did even on those settings infront of around two thousand spectators.

non shmuppers are amazed by 1cc shitclears of the easiest games

rigth and that was 99% of the audience so why break your back for them?

Did you have a point you were trying to make?

you're a bit daft if you can't figure it out desu

Keyboard plebs will NEVER EVER go up and down quickly.

>tfw circular motions on a keyboard

i thought this was a superplay event like it says in the title. next year it should be called Arcade Let's Play Expo if they can't get people who can superplay.

true but an events success if the measurement of its spectators satisfaction, it's irrelevant if its a superplay event when the audience can't even figure out the difference between pro and casual play.

It was superplay, for non-shmup games at least.

Flandre's Maze of Love was a huge wall for me when I was first learning to clear EoSD Extra.

So that means... the people who realize it wasn't superplay need to complain louder?

i have top 10 scores with all types in ccwi playing on keyboard

No it means there cries are ireelevant and can't be heard behind the majority who fully enjoyed it. I enjoyed gus btw fuck the mouthy autismos here who would shit themselves playing anything live.

Didn't have one then. Thought as much.

player name?

>not knowing our boy KBR
hownew.ru

I am KBR, but I don't play on keyboard nor have top 10 scores on ship types.

>it's an is user retarded or merely pretending episode
>there is no reason to travel anywhere, and it's not possible gus wanted to visit the city where the event was located
>it's not possible that gus wanted to do his part to attempt to raise money for the event
>it's not possible gus wanted to hang out with his shmup crew friends
>it's not possible gus wanted to play his favorite game while having tons of viewers
>it's not possible any/all/other reasons are true

Gus was great! He did really well.
I was also surprised by the way that he talks; he's got quite the accent! I thought he was doing an Elvis impression for a second! It's charming!

Guess what, I can get the fuck to sleep now.

(on novice)

(unlimited)

get out retard

That's mean!

nobody plays unlimited

>tfw novice unlimited still isn't a thing

I like novice mode, can clear it

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

STAGE 5 WAS GONNA ROLL ME

bump

Bump

You can't really blame gus for his performance.
The organizers fucked up the schedule spectacularly with several games moved or even dropped completely at the last minute and he ended up being sent on 6 hours earlier than he was expecting.

Where did you get this user, did you rip the sprite yourself?

Basically assembled it from a bunch of screenshots. Which is why a little chunk is missing from the bottom. She never moves upwards all the way.

Today's video is a Batsugun original 1cc by Vludi while using the Type-A ship: youtube.com/watch?v=Cr55snJEKUg

cee gets really mad when people call him a chav huh

That's pretty neat user. I wish I knew how to do it myself, I'd love the sprite rips for Cho Ren Sha 68k

Windia is here to save the day!

But will the bad guys let her do it?

he will deny it but it is true

>still can't get DBCS to run at full speed in dual screen mode
I want to die.

whatcha runnin' with?

570 and an i5 2500k, I don't think it's a power issue

Game runs perfect on a single monitor, but in dual monitor mode it's locked to 15fps, and my taskbar stays on top like the game doesn't have priority and it thinks it's minimized or something.

weird! I hope you get it worked out. I feel like Dual screen is the only way to play the Arcade mode in DBCS

It's a disappointment despite its popularity on Steam very few western people interested in this mode. Unlike in 2hu even a beginner faggot would try hard to play lunatic.

...There's a Deathsmiles update on Steam

nope

>tfw defaults are on hard
i'll never clear this dance 'em up

Not seeing anything here.

Speaking of Deathsmiles, when should I be entering hyper mode?

Unlimited has different mechanics than the other 2 modes with the constant need to bullet cancel to survive. Not everyone will like that style.

Seems like it. I just improved some scores after barely playing and that in scenes I thought were impossible for me to improve. Obviously, it's still behind the WR...

Pretty much here "play for fun" is the only way I can justify this, as the highest I got is some lucky 2nd places. I may not be able to win because of my genes, but I want to play anyway~. I can compete with the scrub japs!

youtube.com/watch?v=TYNAvz5e-gk

Hmm, hard to say for sure. I would say generally power up near the beginning or middle of the level, so that you can play out a good chunk of it while powered up.

Another thing to note is that power up mode lasts longer the less you shoot. What I mean is, the counter in the corner counts down from 1000, but the speed at which it counts down depends on if you're shooting or not. While shooting, it drops faster than when you aren't shooting, so if there's nothing to shoot at, then stop shooting to keep your power up going for a little longer.

Other than the rocks in the volcano are there any other moments that you want to make sure it's available?

Not to the extent of the Volcano rocks, but there are some other places where it can be good. Like uh... it'd probably be a nice score boost to power up near the beginning-mid portions of the stage in Graveyard. Ideally you want to get to the house near the end of the stage with +10,000 on the overall counter so that you can really milk the reapers that fly out of the chimney for bonus points, and destroying the house itself will cause a lot of point items to fall out of it while you're in power up mode as well.

I also like having power up mode for the lowest part of Hades Castle. After you enter the castle and descend the stairs section, it enters a horizontal section with ogres and statues and falling chandeliers and all that. That place can drop some good points if you're in power up mode, especially all the eyeball enemies that come shortly after that part too.

>the retarded difficulty spike in stage 4 of donpachi

need to play this myself, how does it compare to the genny port?

Havent played either but from what I've seen they're pretty much different games

I couldn't give a cows cunt mate lmao call me what you like, just try to be more creative and witty with it.

>You can't really blame gus for his performance.
his performance was fine though.

it's nothing like it. but playing it alone on defaults is really tedious, the enemies have lots of hp and the isometric perspective makes it hard to hit the bastards, at least on a d-pad, maybe it's easier with a stick.

nth for Muchi Muchi Pork port when

>mfw keyboard
>mfw no face

today

:o

Stab and Stomp !

>Veeky Forums deletes note signs
hiro has the nose of a jew