/brg/ - Battlerite General

Spirit Waifu Edition

>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a PvP skillshot-based team arena game, similar to WoW Arena. It is made as the successor to Bloodline Champions, and is currently in Early Access. Release date slated at early 2017.

>INFORMATION
Store Page: store.steampowered.com/app/504370
Official News: steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/
Official Wiki: battlerite.gamepedia.com/Battlerite_Wiki
Statistics: masterbattlerite.com/

Patch Notes
steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/detail/571221603308573812

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

masterbattlerite.com/profile/790329158306762752
youtube.com/watch?v=fUX3qwRl2EU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why am I ALWAYS put on the team that's supposed to win?
Hardly get any fucking points and lose a ton because enemies are always a rank or two lower than I am.

Previous thread died for a reason. The most recent balance patch killed the game as well as the fact that its still 2v2 centered it appears.

the feeling of poloma

I'm too busy playing to post, game is still fun

rip to the brg

The community is still relatively small. How do you figure the last patch killed the game, though?

It turned Poloma and Freya are blatantly overpowered into Lucie, Freya, Rook, Jumong are blatantly overpowered.

>tfw you hit that 42 damage m2 on both enemies as taya

Jumong's new; he'll get nerfed.
Rook got fixed and is good now; let him enjoy his moment.

lol no.
Spear gook is much more problematic currently. Thundermommy is strong but manageable.

Why is this guy so easy? My WR would be higher if standard/ranked were split, I'm probably at least 80% wins with him in ranked.
Other Jumong's around g12/g13 are shit though, I almost always beat them.

>Rook got fixed and is good now
213213 was a top rated player playing almost exclusively Rook prior to the changes. The character got WAY overbuffed and didnt need half the shit he received. Especially not a fucking i-frame and the ability to just kill trances.

t. g13 or below player

But yes, Shifu is still ridiculous in 2s. 3s not so much.

The only one I can understand out of any of these is because Lucie's barrier is so goddamn strong and there's no dispel other than having another Lucie on your team as far as I can think.

>Three-win streak with Oldur
I got so much sand, you'll think we're at the beach.

Why are any of these considered overpowered, just wondering.
Is it certain rites or just how strong they are as characters overall?

Its also because DI is spammable and toxic bolt deals outrageous amounts of damage. In fact, if Lucie players properly its next to impossible to win a 1v1 if both players are equally skilled. On top of that comes her broken orb control because she can just knock the rune away with Clarity to push if out of reach of the opposition. Her ability to use Barrier even her team mates not even being LoS is just the cherry on top.

Jumong is broken as fucking hell because his damage is completely retarded considering the amount of utility and iframes the char has. 16dmg m1s are only justified on Iva because she is mid range and even then she wont hit all the bullets. So most of the time you will only deal 8-12, on small targets like Lucie rather 8. You need to be in melee range to deal 16 and even then the bullets miss because aiming the shotty isnt actually that easy against competent opponents you actually move around. Jumong is also retarded because of his R and, most of all, his burst potential from just m1 into space. Its a UTILITY ABILITY that deals 18 fucking damage. Like, what the bloody hell is that? Its basically 34 instant damage that lets you dodge something at the same time, completely retarded.

Freya is broken because her i-frames and overall setup abilities have way shorter cooldowns than any other characters abilities. Her tier1 Battelrite for example is retarded. If shes mid range its borderline impossible to react to Spring. She hammers, jumps on you, stuns you from the BRITE, m1s then youre forced to jump. If you fight she will just use E or Trance to dodge/avoid and hammer away. If you jump she will have her shit faster than you do and automatically force a more passive playstyle or can punish you easily.

Rook got buffed for no reasons whatsoever. The biggest problem is his m2: shit tons of damage, applies armor break, is an iframe, is a gigantic aoe that doesnt procc trances and STUNS if you take the BRITE, which STOPS trances.

>Its a UTILITY ABILITY that deals 18 fucking damage

>mfw a shitter in this very general called me a retard for taking all the black arrow rites a couple days ago

I can't really think of any of jumong's abilities really being utility without rites for them, even his "escapes" are basically meant solely for offensive use otherwise you have to blow both his immaterial AND black arrow+recast to get away from anything reasonably. Meanwhile any other ranged hero gets away in twice the range with a single ability even if they have less damage output.
It kinda makes sense how he's just there to shit out damage without much else other than his E and R, if you get him to blow even one other move his damage drops immediately AND he has to either take as much damage as you can shit on him before he has a new escape available or he tries to trade with his slow-ass cast times.

You dont seem to realize that iframes are completely overpowered if used by competent players. And in Jumongs case he has 3 of them without investing into a single Battlerite. And all 3 are almost instantaneous. There is a reason most top level ranged players abandoned their chars and switched to him. Why do you think something like this exists?

masterbattlerite.com/profile/790329158306762752

Jumongs m1 range is retarded considering the damage it deals. HE doesn't even need to use his utility skills to just shit out DPS. Use all of them defensively and you'll still out-trade any other character in the game. The Bear Trap into R shit is just the cherry on top. Why the fuck they thought that it was a smart idea to give that skill a slow is beyond me.

I don't generally have any problems with him when I'm playing as Ashka but then again I don't play G13 or whatever.

Still, you can't deny that that much mobility, range and damage on one champ is a bit much.

As a new player, I'd thought I'd give some initial thoughts.

>Balance issues

I could pick the Rook guy and just rape match after match, or I could play the time goat called Oldur and lose. I also see the bow and arrow faggot in literally everymatch and it's getting annoying. I can't say I have too much knowledge or experience, just that there are definitely some characters who consistently rape face, and others who feel underwhelming.

You guys might disagree with this, but I think the heroes should be powercreeped up to the top characters, rather than nerfs. This lets the heroes differentiate from each other, because constantly nerfing heroes makes them underwhelming

>Visual performance

Everything blends in. I'm used to Dota with strong colors I guess. Having fiddled around with lighting engines, I would say the skylight needs to be turned up in intensity

great artstyle though, feels unique and different. Honestly.

>Overall

really fun, can see myself playing this for a long time

>minus 50 after 2 games
Sweet jumping Jesus just end it all already.

>really fun, can see myself playing this for a long time
Too bad it will be dead two months after f2p launch

>+40 for a single match against a premade 2 ranks higher than me
fucking 3-0'd them too

A multiplayer game's longevity depends on a lot of things. As long as the game is FUN, and it's FUN to get better, and it has replayability and stays FUN, then it will probably live.
The game needs to market itself that it's not LoL/Dota. It would benefit from a lot of basic features too, such as voice chat, and maybe even a post game discussion?
Going f2p will make sure that there is nothing preventing people from trying it out, but how many stick around is important

Yes some heroes seem broken and OP, but dota had the exact same issue, and still does. Riki and Slark were the pubstompers, who just shat on new players. That didn't stop people from playing though, because simply playing the game and getting better is FUN in dota.

Having a chat channel ingame to use while you wait for a match would be nice

also the last general archived because no one actually talks about the game.

what new heroes would you like added? how would fix broken/OP/UP heroes?

quick can someone tell me how to do the broken freya combo got no idea

Themes I would like to see:
>A Muay Thai-esque kickboxer
>Anyone with minions, be they turrets, zombies, whatever
>A duelist (buccaneer or otherwise) with a cutlass/rapier
>A shapeshifting druid with various forms that change your abilities
>A caster who balances between two different sources of power, and shifting the balance one way or another influences their abilities

i just wanna see someone who isnt from blc

I would like a hero who throws bombs

Pearl wasn't in blc iirc

this game is a pile of trash. It's like somebody looked at the spammy, boring combat of league and decided to make an entire game out of it.
Every hero's spells somehow involve a straight line, a cone, or a circle. Extremely spammy, and the heroes are hard to distinguish from each other in gameplay. Bakko can use his shield to reflect, where as rook does not have that. However, the variety in kits is mostly downplayed. Bakko is Charging tank version 1.0, Rook is 2.0

Make sure to be nice to other players!

Rook doesn't have a shield, though.

bubble shield and zap! are dispells for allies

Solar Negro is fun.

or nipples

CONSTELLATION'S CONFLUNECE

I meant offensive dispels to counter her barrier

Complete the following statement:

I AM _______

tfw no giraffe champion who can see over walls

tfw no tank champ who is literally a tortoise

tfw even if pirate champs they cant plunder gold

tfw no trap waifu champs or atleast girly boys (besides lucie)

Pretty sure Lucie is not a trap.

chicken legs

lookadem hands boi

Dem striped leggings, though.

fuck you guys this game has a chance to be fantastic

great as it is imo, just needs some hero tweaking

>people still think "focus" isn't a thing in this game

Jumong is overrated as fuck.

He folds far too easily to any sort of pressure, so if you're playing a comp with low amounts of CC you will get fucked over. It doesn't matter how many i-frames he has because most characters can easily catch up to him once he's used his short-range escapes.

His damage is justified considering how many characters can ruin his day.

stupid high damage
M1 outranges everyone except Oldur
impossibly safe, can be talented into even more escapes if necessary
R deals a lot of damage for the snare it provides, combos with traps overly well
8% energy gain on every M1

he's just overloaded to shit

>tfw you get matched with the same trance hitting 100 damage doing mouthbreather 3 games in a row

Nice blog post retard go make a tumblr about it.

AMAZING guide for beating rook!!!!!11

use mobility to run away when he charges. Mob his two alone teammates

don't forget to like favorite and subscribe to my dick you flaming homosexuals

Hovering over the healing done should show how much healing was done on each ally.

Healers boasting about how good their score is when they literally only healed themselves the entire round is the stupidest shit.

Hey, self-healing is important, too.

>lucie on my team in 2s complaining about how she can't heal me because she doesn't have a good heal
you have the STRONGEST BASE HEAL IN THE GAME
probably healed herself constantly and barely attempted to aim it at me

Should this game be balanced around twos?

guys i can't stop eating these cookies right next to me i'm afraid i'll get fat.

i'm pretty skinny but metabolism is slowing down help

no, 3s
why do you think this kind of ass is acceptable?

Would be nice if it was balanced around ANYTHING at the moment

Try to name one thing more satisfying than charged crescent strike > prismatic strike > charged crescent strike

Pro Tip:You can't

Thread Theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=fUX3qwRl2EU

Bakko's ult into charge into m2

Winning with a character that isnt broken and being higher grade than u :)

>broken
>implying every skill of sirius isn't highly telegraphed
i don't like this nigga, he's too easy to read

>Oh-ho-ho-ho! They'll make a new song for this one!

>Sirius's weapon naturally charges over time for augmented M1s
>Pearl must burn meter, land a counter or dash if she gets the T1 rite to charge her staff
AS EXPECTED

you forgot
>sirius melee
>pearl ranged

>tfw matched against a team of Poloma/Shifu/Jumong and my team has no support or tanky character

What a fun 4 minutes of my life

also, i played him like for 50 matches after patch, and they still not fixed the missing charged M1 bug

whats the best champion to carry 2 other shitters?

probably rook jewmongus right now

I hear there's a script to automate play for 3 win gold

Where it at

Why has no one put Rook's head on this yet?

>sell dota items
>buy 15 halloween chests
>10 epic duplicates
Mistakes were made.

I don't get how people have such bad luck with halloween chests, I only got 3 total and I got like 3 legendary weapons and 2 epic poses

He already has a warboy skin ingame

>45 wins for a halloween chest

really

so, according to message, that molten warhound will be available in nov 4 there will be a patch soon

Yes, the exclusive streamer/touranment mounts will be not-so-exclusive.

should i watch this movie

just buy them with real money goy :^)

Am I a degenerate for winning a game with Freya?

>charge into varesh as rook
>M2 his counter
>can't hit shatter because im so fast in berserk
>just m1 him to death
that felt bad

>that bakko fellow, sure looks fun
what did she mean by this

She says he looks "fine," not "fun." She thinks Bakko is handsome.

it's tricky, i hear it as "fun"

Varesh has made me not want to play battlerite anymore

gun granny is the best granny in the game. nobody else even comes close

She's the only granny, dude. Unless you're calling Freya an old maid.

>tfw mained alch in BLC
>lucie is the best character in the game
feels good

>where is the challenge?
what did he mean by this

>tfw you learn how to use leap/immaterial abilities to dodge sands of time/croak ult trigger
I feel like I'm playing fucking devil may cry or something

I had a feeling you could do something like that, but I wasn't sure if it worked.

>RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU!
What did he mean by this?

I was wondering why that particular skin looked so interesting, and not just because of the color scheme.

>tfw you land the Thunder

Nerf rook now. He is broken as shit and anyone who gets carried by him is a shitter babyman.