Those here who have driven cars RHD and LHD, which would you say feels more objectively correct?

Those here who have driven cars RHD and LHD, which would you say feels more objectively correct?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lAWnpmL_w4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

retarded thread, but ill answer you honestly:

it depends on what side of the road you drive. right hand drive for left side driving and vice versa.

My left hand is useless for fine motor skills, so it's much better used for a resistant, controllable movement set in one place. So I don't think I could shift well with my left, but it's also a matter of getting used to it.

What side of the road you drive on aside, RHD is better.

At least in my experience (being right handed), having my dominant hand on the steering wheel at all times is not only more comfortable, but safer.

Shifting with my dominant hand feels more natural, and most people are right handed. LHD is nearly universal because it's just better.

Automatic driver spotted.

You two are retarded. LHD is for driving on the right side of the road and RHD is for driving on the left side of the road. Neither is inherently better. Get back on the bus.

That wasn't the point of those posts. Please try again.

You both claim one is better when neither are. You lack reading comprehension.

One if better than the other- whichever one you grew up with and are used to. Driving on the bong side is awkward for me, and shifting with my left hand is kind of retarded.

what makes you say that? If you can't get used to shifting with your left hand in 5-10 minutes you should just give up on life.

>not both

Disregarding which side of the road you drive on, the best way is driving with whichever dominant hand on the shift.

>the best way is driving with whichever dominant hand on the shift.
No

You want your non dominant hand steering your car? Fuck outta here

RHD for fine steering inputs while changing gear.

To be fair, you shouldn't be resting your hand on the shifter.

RHD driver here, dominant hand is my right so I have to shift with my non-dominant hand - with that said, couldn't ever get used to LHD when I had to, I can do it to the point where I'm competent enough in a day to day sort of situation but in no way at all does it feel natural like RHD does.

Downshifting and braking through a S-curve coming up to a hairpin, when the car breaks traction. Now your retarded left hand is the only one on the wheel.

Tell me how this is superior to having your dominant right hand on the wheel?

/thread

How hard is it to drive RHD in the US? Are left turns impossible?

not driven an LHD car before, but I can imagine gear shifting with my right hand would take some getting used to.

I guess once the muscle memory's there it's not an issue though.

Driving an RHD car in a LHD country was interesting. Had to consciously remember which lane was in/outside and which way to go around a roundabout. Wasn't too hard to get used to it though.

>driven both
>neither is better
I'm left handed so basically ambidextrous.

i have both in canada where we drive on the right

rhd is better in the city because you're closer to bikes and pedestrians and visibility just seems better in general

highways it doesn't matter

turning left lhd is better

>left handed
>Ambidextrous
Pick one

Lefties have to learn to live in a righty world.

If you can use both of your hands equally, then you are ambidextrous and not left-handed

If you can only use your left hand as your dominant hand, then you are left-handed.

i'm mostly ambidextrous and left handed

i can play most sports either way, play music right handed, and write either way

i can't really draw with my right hand but i've also never really practised

RHD makes more sense to me having my dominant hand on the wheel and all that but that's probably just because I'm used to it. I'm sure i could get on with LHD ok after some practice.

Doesn't the F1 have the shifter on the right like a LHD car though?

Not everyone is completely useless with their non-dominant hand. I'm right-handed with LHD and I've had no issue controlling my car with just my left hand, especially within the second it takes to put my right hand back on the wheel. I write like a 2 year old with my left hand at max concentration so I know I'm not ambidextrous by any stretch.

I'm left handed and am completely accustomed to shifting with my right hand. Regardless, I've driven a couple of right hand drive manual cars here in the U.S. and it was very easy to pick up. After a few miles of driving it didn't feel abnormal at all.

Objectively RHD is better due to most people being right hand and right eye dominant

Right hand keeps the stronger, better controlled hand while the left does simpler and less critical things (eg radio and gears)

Right eye dominat means you have a better view of oncoming traffic and traffic overtaking you (most traffic over takes rather than undertakes)

Bonus point: Most cyclists (motor and pleb) mount from the left hand side, meaning in countries driving on left they will be mounting on/off kerb and not into the main road

right hand (eurocuck) drivers are unable to perform the simple yet satisfying manuever of simultaneously clicking the turn signal and downshifting for a quick overtake

>Not everyone is completely useless with their non-dominant hand.

not everyone, but half the people itt are saying they can't shift with their left hand

>Most cyclists (motor and pleb) mount from the left hand side
Yeah but most cycles use a kick stand built on the left hand side meaning that's the direction the bike leans and is easier to mount from.

I've owned both in Canada, could drive both fine but obviously lhd feels more normal because we drive on the right side

we don't need to downshift because our diesel fiats have enough torque :^)

Except Yurop is almost entirely left hand drive you insular hick

heel toe downshifts are way easier when you have the door towards your heel.
>trans tunnel gets in the way with LHD

I guess you'd actually have to know how to heel toe to have figured this out.

Thats a nice interior

>most of the world is LHD
>cuck countries like the UK and Australia are RHD
Top lel

>>trans tunnel gets in the way with LHD
It really doesn't. You just move your foot over.

It ain't easy bein lefty

Dont worry mate, ill ship you a few cars when the 25 year limit is up so you can enjoy them too

Owning both and driving them regularly, I disagree.
Its easier with rhd, my actual heel is on the pedal.
With LHD its more the side of my foot, feels way less planted.

>britain and australia
>cuck nations
lmfao

>Tell me how this is superior to having your dominant right hand on the wheel?
geez, it's almost as if shifting was a biomechanically more complex action than pushing/pulling the steering wheel around its center and
also let's ignore the fact that most people have driven RHD all their life and thus know how to properly steer with their "retarded left hand" only

what a fucking mouthbreather you are, holy shit

Even though I'm left handed scum, I don't think I could handle shifting with my left. Plus it feels more natural to me to have my left hand on the steering wheel.

>biomechanically more complex action than pushing/pulling the steering wheel
americans, everyone

if you're used to lhd then that's obviously easier, but rhd makes more sense.
not for you lefties though, you're better off steering with your dominant hand.

You drive auto don't you?

It's not about what I'm capable of, I can very well write, draw, and drive with either hand, but depending on what I'm doing I prefer one hand or the other.
Most of my teachers when I was younger made me write with my right hand (southern women lol) so I now write with my right hand.
However I always use my left hand for my signature.
Turning a wrench? I'm going to try with my left hand first.

I said basically ambidextrous. There's a subtle difference.

This, the only difficult part was getting the gear locations into my muscle memory.

You eat paint chips don't you? If the one that you are used to is best than neither is better. It is 100% preference.

>shifting was a biomechanically more complex action than pushing/pulling the steering wheel
You're literally saying moving a shifter into gear is more involving than making sure your car goes in a safe direction.
>most people have driven RHD all their life and thus know how to properly steer with their "retarded left hand" only
You should know why I point this out.

And I'm the mouthbreather? Fuck off

>omg it's soooo hard to use your left hand for shifting
it's exactly like jacking off left-handed

I drive on the left so mostly RHD cars but i've driven two LHD cars for extended periods of time (4 hour trip) and can say that rhd feels more natural because it what im used to everyday but lhd isn't much different. Only thing that can throw you out sometimes is shifting into higher gears in spritired driving can be confusing when you first start in a lhd car because you're pushing the shifter away from your body to go to fifth instead of pulling it towards like in a rhd car.

>tfw left handed

You should be good then, albeit a minority.

>tfw left handed driving rhd

Not just shifting, but the majority of controls are in the center. Never driven a RHD car, but LHD makes more sense with the current layout of cars considering 90% of people are right handed.

Britbongs will argue just because they are bongs. But for a right handed person, LHD is much better since most of the fine and tactile stuff can be done with your right hand while holding the wheel with the left.

>unimportant stuff done with the dominant hand
>job of not killing anyone done with the left

hm

How can you decide that one is better if you haven't tried both of them

>touching the radio and shit is more important than steering

As someone who drives a RHD car in a RHD country, LHD would be fucking terrifying.

Also, driving on the left is superior because the majority of people are right eye and right hand dominant. This means it's easier to see around things for overtakes, and steering's done with the dominant hand.
Changing gear is an unnatural movement that has to be rote-learned until it can be done without mental input whatsoever anyway, so it doesn't matter what hand you do it with.

LHD right hand side means your dominant eye is on the inside, your weaker hand is steering, and it lets normies have a sense that driving is unimportant, and texting/fucking with the stereo/eating/applying makeup/micromanaging heater controls/all of the above is more important than the steering.

No, you're the automatic driver. You've obviously never trained anything into muscle memory, like the clitch-brake/gas dance or gear patterns.

Best car manufacturers;
>Britain
>Japan
Countries that use RHD;
>Britain
>Japan

Well would you look at that.

>Best car manufacturers;
>America
>Germany
>Countries that use LHD;
>America
>Germany
>and the rest of the world aside from backwaters

FTFY.

>>Best car manufacturers;
>>America

I do just fine with my left hand backing semi trailers around parked cars and buildings. It's the finesse stuff that is more difficult to do with your non-dominant hand.

Steeting input really isn't a finesse thing. Neither is shifting gears. If there's one thing where the precision of your right hand actually makes a difference, it's playing with the radio and switches and all that bullshit.

>Britain
>in charge of making good cars

>inbred Pepsi truck driver knowing anything about British cars
wew lad

>It's the finesse stuff that is more difficult to do with your non-dominant hand.
>Steeting input really isn't a finesse thing
So do you read what you write or nah

>can't come up with a counterargument
>hurdudrmurrikans

>first counter-argument is literally just "USA USA USA!!! HENRY FORD IS THE GREATEST CAR DESIGNER OF ALL TIME! FOOTBALL BASEBALL APPLE PIE"
Nice double-standards.

>anecdotal evidence: the thread

I must be still getting used to RHD since LHD driving (on the right side of the road) felt much more natural. Something with how i sat in the car and where i looked felt better and more comfortable, and it felt like my mirrors covered more (side). I recently moved to aus and am driving the same car (albeit 3 years newer) on the other side and its feels off

Left turn are not any harder as you still see incoming traffic. The worst is trying to pass people on country roads where you can only see the other lane when you are almost fully engaged.

It's just that you grew up with vehicles driving on the right and never thought of anything different.
I think it's easier for people in RHD countries to adjust to LHD since we consume a lot of American media and have already adapted to the idea of driving on the right (I know I'm pretty used to it just from playing a lot of GTA and the like).

>pushing/pulling around a central pivot point is more mechanically complex than moving a shifter knob into varying directions

>And I'm the mouthbreather?
yes, you are
the only thing you actually seem quite competent at is constructing worthless rants that miss the actual points of the posts you're replying to

Pic related

Not really but it's true. Turning a 15" wheel is much easier to do with the non-dominant hand than playing with tiny buttons or trying to enter an address into the GPS.

Only ever driven left-hand, but I'd think that LHD would make more sense to right-handed people and vice versa because the dominant side of the driver's body would be closer to the center of the vehicle. Of course this doesn't affect pedal location so it wouldn't be exactly the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=lAWnpmL_w4c

Lindybeige explains it.

I'm right handed so it makes far more sense for me to drive a RHD car. Feels more natural to have my dominant hand on the wheel at all times and change gear with my left.

Now I think about it; it makes more sense for my general motor controls to clutch with my left and change gear with my left. I'm probably over thinking this tho.

I ride motorbikes too and take my bike between England and Europe a fair bit. It really makes no difference left or right side of the road, one isn't better than the other. Just got to spend a couple if days adapting.

Driving a RHD on the right side of the road (English car, European roads) is fucking annoying tho. You have to get the girlfriend to tell you when it's safe to make the initial move out to overtake, THAT is the scariest thing when she has no spatial awareness!

I need my right hand to change radio stations and pick up my supersize coca cola™ cup because i drive an automatic.

>pic related
Fug

Now you understand! I'm not trying to spill 44oz of sugary goodness.

But can you ever really jack off with your left hand properly? Sure it feels good but you dont move nearly as fast

I only spent a few years there, you might be right but i dont feel like that. The idea doesnt bother me, im young and can get used to it. Its something in my FOV;im probably still getting used to the flipped road, as i seem to have a gaze thats heavier to the right (leading to lots of fuckery when turning at an intersection)

i can't believe you idiots are debating this

what a bunch of pretentious morons

This post should be a banner.