[D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

[D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

Fucking Americans lmao edition.

(source: youtube.com/watch?v=Vbl1KAdwQTM )

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webms
>Motorcycle maymays

/dbt/ map: Meet and compare willie size
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator: where do I strap the onahole?
>cycle-ergo.com/

Sticky:

Boring gifums with sounds:
old

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5786804928.html
asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/ktm-800-adventure-stefan-pierer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just got my first bike yesterday

wish me luck.

wow those L plate things are awful
enjoy the ride user

>red bike
RIP user, we barely knew ya

didnt really have a choice it was the only one nearby and it was insanely cheap, would have liked either black or white though.

Whats wrong with red.

>never raced or modded
Seems legit amirite?

denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5786804928.html

>why a new bike
I'll be able to afford it, more or less, and most ~10yo bikes don't really save me that much, a lot of VT250s from '06 are still $4k or more for example so I might as well pitch in the extra grand for a brand new bike and warranty.

I might change my mind if I take a look around a dealer when I get close or if a particularly good deal comes up though I guess, I'm a bit worried about getting screwed, if I wanted to get fucked I'd just give Squidbro a lift home.

>Whats wrong with red.
nothing, but just know your bike will now go faster than similar model bikes

>Fucking Americans lmao edition.

I meant poo in loos.

I ain't hating on your bike bro.

>Whats wrong with red.
Rhymes with dead.

Daily reminder there are people that actually bought a R3 or FZ-10

So lads, I'll ask this again.

For my first big license bike, I'm right now looking at Yamaha FZ6 (Fazer), and at Suzuki SV650, 2nd gen.

Which bike will be the better allrounder for A) City commuting, B)Weekend Touge racing and C) Maybe some weeklong camping trips.

Any opinions from you guys, or other options I might have not considered yet?

>niggabusa, niggabusa'd
totally

I mean he was trying, but clearly not that hard. Scam life I guess

SV would probably be the best all around but the FZ would be better onnatouge/sanic speeds

a)sv
b)fz6
c)don't know, but aftermarket on the sv would probably be best and easiest

Lol, it's not even close. SV all the way

Get a Superduke

He's selling to other busa squids. If he was one of the few legit busa riders, he wouldn't have modded it like that

2017 sv650 is sexy as fuck with its vtwin
2016 fz06 looks pretty good too but the controls feel cheap to me

I test rode both of them because im also deciding between the two but im going with 2017 sv650 because vtwin

Could I possible try carrying a cello on my back while riding or is that a complete death wish?

It's worth £3000 as well and the bow is worth £1000 so if I go down in a crash, even low speed, it will get completely destroyed.

Its actually not heavy, just quite big.

>in the end it doesn't really matter
mfw

What is a "legit" busa rider? Does anyone actually use them for touring?
Sport touring bikes always caught me as somewhat strange.

you certainly can, i wouldn't recommend freeways though

The ad states it isn't modded, yet he posts a horrifically modded example for a price far far below market value. That's not legit family

Yeah I won't be going anywhere above 40mph along the route I take. Most of the time it will be 30mph.

the FZ6 is significantly faster than the SV (20 more HP) and inline 4 smoothness is a lovely thing to have.

If you're not planning on getting the SV version with the clip ons and fairings then yeah just get the FZ6 I'd say

Sport touring bikes are for people who fully load their bikes on a trip and use it as a tour bike, then unload their shit at the camping and then run the toogays.

or people who enjoy having a comfy bike that is also pretty damn quick

Sanic speeds would be really cool, I mean I have the autobahn, but just having sufficient acceleration to nick slow cagers on back roads would be completely okay for me

As far as I have read, the SV has a good pull from low revs, but lacks a lot once it goes past 7000 rpms. Also, from what I've heard via youtube videos, the Yamaha just sounds so dam filthy and sexy, the SV can't beat that F1 sound.

And, supposedly, the FZ6 has the better riding position as an allrounder.

I'm honestly not looking at new bikes, my budget is more along the lines of 2500 to 3000 €

The duke is a great bike, but again, it's a tad expensive for me, only if I buy an early 2000s Duke with the single cylinder kek

It's a scam. I bet if you email him you'll get some shit about being in the army and needing to ship it and wire me money.

You can probably find that picture on google.

I met two last bike week who toured on busas for a while. A dad and his daughter, basically rode all their lives. Nonstop banter the whole time we were demoing
>I'm trying not to die on a 750 gixer while they glide by on their bike
>user why can't you keep up with us?

The FZ-10 looks cool

That's kinda what my bike is.
It's comfy as fuck, but surprisingly quick for it's size.

>the FZ6 is significantly faster than the SV (20 more HP) and inline 4 smoothness is a lovely thing to have.
yeah, that's what I've gathered as well, but I don't know if it's so economically and socially viable to always rev the bike to 10.000 rpm to get off a red light in a swift manner.

>If you're not planning on getting the SV version with the clip ons and fairings
that's the S version, right. I didn't have the privilege to sit on either bike yet, but from cycle ergo, the Naked SV and the Fazer are a lot more upright.

Unfortunately, the faired SV650 seems to be the most sold bike in my area, so that's kinda bad

A harley grill just came to my apartment to buy video games. Do you think her husband will come back and steal all my stuff?

>tfw be law abiding citizen
>30mph speed limit in built up areas
>go at 30mph
>scared of getting done by police for speeding
>cars overtaking me constantly

Feels bad really. I am probably the world's most sensible motorbiker.

not if you suck her dick

>not going with the flow of traffic

wow americans really are retarded

>Inline 4 smoothness

Man, it's time to stop browsing dbt. This place is confirmed retards everywhere now

I'm british actually.

the limit is 30, I don't want to go above that.

>go with the flow
>speed
>get singled out by a cop running a speed trap
>get a ticket
>insurance goes up
>less money for baiku
>less likely to even be able to purchase insurance for another future bike

Its not worth it.

well you can see there on the dyno chart the FZ6 is offset to the sv650 by about 1,000 RPM, the SV makes 40 hp at about 5.5k, the FZ6 makes it at 6.5k so it won't be nearly as 'highly strung" and people are going to meme to you about I4s.

I love my SV650 but that doesn't mean I have to hate I4s, they're great, that's why they're ubiquitous

just went all the way to the shops and forgot to strap my helmet.

wew.

explain how an inline 4 being smoother than a v-twin is retarded? because I know my SV lugs at RPMS you can pull cleanly from with an I4.

you can also get a ticket for impeding traffic even if the flow is faster than the speed limit.

I mean I'm completely familiar with slugging becasue right now, I'm riding a 650 thumper, so anything I'll get will probably be an improvement

Getting a ticket is just bad luck. You can ride for days without ever seeing a patrol car. The only speed limit I respect are < 50 kph because it's most likely residential or school areas.

bullshit. If the limit is 30, it is 30. A cop can't arrest me for going at 30mph in a 30 zone.

>>get singled out by a cop running a speed trap
nah, they'll pull out the first guy going too fast, doesn't matter if it's a car or a bike

Thank you for the actual interesting and informative post. I adjusted the valves on my CBR last winter and I'm going to do a full service this winter again. I'm curious as to how the valves will be.

The R3 is still fairly commuterish and upright if you compare it to a CBR600RR (note how on the CBR the bars will be nearly level with the saddle, and on the R3 it's a tad higher). I have only ridden a Z300 and I was spooked by how small it was. I wish I could comment more.

Nearly all middleweight nakeds can fit that bill if you put proper tires on them. I'm gonna tell ya again: Proper tires. Factor that in on your budget. Those are the key difference between "holy shit I almost died" and people disappearing on your mirror.

>Hornet 600
>GSR600 (tons of them for sale here)
>Ninja 600s (actually a faired bike)
>Older both naked and faired bandits

Exotic choices around 3000€:
>F800S (might go for a bit more than 3k)
>Older Monsters
>Tuonos (from before 2007 give or take)

Bonus cheap choices:
>CB500
>CBR F3/F4
>any old GSX-R

You can pick so much stuff user.

yes, they can ticket you for doing 30 if the flow is 40 or higher
it doesn't mean itll stick in court, but they can nonetheless
its also usually a nonissue outside of freeways since thats where the speed difference can be hazardous, plus a cop has to be a total dickwad to get you on it in the first place, or youre left lane camping

Inline fours are literally the opposite of smooth

with the gearing the SV comes with it's not really an issue unless you're doing a lot of low speed clutch out stuff (like we do every now and then).

I just don't think it's as smooth as an I4, especially below 4.5k

I mean if you say so, I guess.

is this in USA or britain?

just can't really quite believe they would do that here.

Plus, if I were to do that on the test, I would be failed.

I was cruising along and suddenly something crawled across my face so now I'm sitting on the side of the road because I think there's a spider hiding in my helmet

don't you ever sleep mudkip

are goldwings popular in japan? if not, is there some small dedicated community there for it?

thats why you ride with visor down.

US

It was down. It must have crawled in while on the shelf and just come out of the vent holes once I started riding

>You can pick so much stuff user.
your list is pretty good I'll have to say, but one of the most important things for me is fuel injection, and that unfortunately excludes everything but the BMW. I have however decided to go on a bit of a BMW pause right now after having ridden one for the last 2 years

But you're right with the tyres, I'm right now riding on Metzeler Lasertecs which are pretty good, but I'm sure I could ahve gotten a lot more grip (but maybe a bit less longevity) with Bridgestones or the more expensive Michelins

I was stuck in traffic the other day (parra rd, too narrow to filter) when a tradie started yelling at me. I had my ear plugs in so I couldn't quite tell what, I turn around and say "what" and he yells "There's a spider on your bike", he points to the rear indicator and lo and behold, a big huntsman, ain't no thang.

Flicked it off and flashed him a thumbs up, as I did he yelled "and I just saw another one crawl down your neck" and started laughing.

nope, i tend to be omnipresent

i love that about you nohomo

fuck that's a big schism you could have fallen into

i know, right?

not even a little homo?

I take that back, full homo even though I don't swing that way

should i try conefagging to get better at riding on the road?

>rob schneider
>not dan schneider
noided

kek
here have cc81 pissing in a canyon

>not takin a pic from the other side of that canyon

damn

The police have two ways of checking your speed. >They can either get you with a radar gun, in which case, if you are going with the flow of traffic, they will get someone else long before you.
>Or they can gauge your speed relative to the flow of traffic/their speed.

Either way, if you're matching the speed of the cars around you, they'll have no reason to pull you over.

>cc81
who now?

>not uploading the best one

not that guy, but I swear, I only see cops when I speed. When I'm driving/riding normally, I never see any cops.

Summoning CC81PT

Were you aware of this?
asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/ktm-800-adventure-stefan-pierer/

but you don't see his big camshaft there ;)))

fair enough

>summoning cc
so tempted to call that big boi

are we posting guys from on here?

I think he's going to be passed out for a few more hours

these fags should just bring out an adventure bike with the 690 Enduro engine and a bit more offroad oriented than BMW's bikes, or the 1050 or 1290 enduro

holy shit is that bane?

>that's not wr
Nah it's FKG in his element

They just need a 100HP I2 that weighs under 400lbs and it'll be golden.

now we are

yes it is

>>that's not wr
???

Is it worth getting kneepads?

I got the motorcycle jeans but the insertable pads are complete shit and feel like its made of those yellow spongy balls you find in kids playgrounds.

RARE BAIRD

only gear I wasn't wearing when I crashed was the pants and the only thing i fucked up was my knee.

that's a pretty dank bairdpost m9

have a rare advbaird

It's pretty different to high speed cornering, but any kind of deliberate motorcycle practice of new techniques is going to improve bike skills and confidence even if it's indirectly. One of the things it definitely seems to affect is your vision.

I know plenty of racers practice with conefagging.

>that cx custom
noice. also rip in pieces farkles.

damn nigga you look tired

neat
i'm a shit rider so maybe i'll do that

oh I forgot to mention the best bit which is that conefagging is it's own reward as you will be TERRIFIED the first time you do those tight turns without a clutch in, TERRIFIED. My hands hurt from death gripping the bars the first few times, then you get comfortable with it and learn to loosen up.

Even if it wasn't relevant to any other riding it's fun on it's own.