Do they make their cars disastrously unreliable on purpose?

Do they make their cars disastrously unreliable on purpose?

After owning a VW, Audi, BMW, and growing up with 2 Mercedes' from the period that they were considered bulletproof tanks, I have come to the conclusion that they do it on purpose.

Other urls found in this thread:

autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/91220/the-most-and-least-reliable-car-manufacturers-2016
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Their customer base buys cars like they do cell phones. They get the next model before any problems rise up.

Ye

Had an e46 m3 bought from my uncle, ABSOLUTELY pristine condition around the 80k km mark, old fart didnt even like it because it was "too sporty" so you know he didn't abuse it. Anyway fast forward a couple of kms later shit shat its real axle during a mild 1st gear pull. Stupid nazis make engines that are too powerful for the rest of the drivetrain

Also had a b6 diesel which was supposed to be suuuuper reliable according to my stupid eurofat buddies, piece of shit started braking by itself when put in 4th gear with only 120k km (had it since 10k absolutely babied). Anyway it was a month after warranty expired and fucking retards couldnt figure out what was happening (supposedly abs issue) and only solution was to replace like half the car. Fuck that

Now I'd sooner buy amerifat stuff

I've wondered this too

What if German cars are so precisely engineered they are designed to fail as soon as the warranty runs out, forcing you to buy a new one?

It's just normal in Germany to get your car serviced regularly, Americans would rather blow up their engines than visiting the auto shop just one time too often.

t. triggered german

Not deliberately unreliable, deliberately complex. And they lobby for regulations requiring ever more complex cars to squeeze others out of the market.

I hope you idiots realize that this is a well known phenomenon called planned obsolescence and that anyone except for complete moron normie fanboys accept that the german car industry does it all the time. What people fail to understand though is that their entire car industry is designed around it, the recent VAG scandal just proves how slimy they are, absolutely no shame, just jewish desire for more shekels

I'm dutch...

Yeah and I'm German

>trustng krauts
>ever

>looking for panels
>trawl gumtree for weeks
>everyone i call: "sorry moit theyre sold"
>no wonder i see so many black versions of my car with fucked panels

don't worry m8, nobody here on this board likes vag.

Our cars are just like the country itself.
They became worse over the time, yet people are golryfying it because they have a romantic idea of the cars and the country. They'll just end up disappointed.
Also Zetsche is an insufferable cunt and I wish somebody would punch him in his dumb face.

>disastrously unreliable

But they're not. No more than any other car.

Having to bring your car in for mechanical failures is different than going in for regular oil changes and clutch jobs.

But they are. More so than everything other than Fiat-Chrysler shit.

now this looks like a credible source.
someone should tell the guy who made this that Skoda=VW and Mini=BMW.

>This assmad German

Have another source:

autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/91220/the-most-and-least-reliable-car-manufacturers-2016

Top 10, most reliable:
1. Tesla - 97.54%
2. Lexus - 97.25%
3. Dacia - 96.45%
4. Toyota - 95.03%
5. Honda - 94.61%
6. Mazda - 94.58%
7. Suzuki - 94.36%
8. Skoda - 94.35%
9. Subaru - 94.32%
10. Kia - 94.17%

Bottom 10, least reliable:
23. Audi - 90.43%
24. Fiat - 90.19%
25. Hyundai - 90.15%
26. Ford - 89.91%
27. Alfa Romeo - 89.76%
28. Nissan - 89.05%
29. VW - 89.01%
30. Land Rover - 88.20%
31. Jeep - 87.93%
32. MINI - 87.09%

I love gm but I own a b5 a4 that's been dead reliable.

>Yes, Ausländer! Buy our products!

this still doesn't make sense, skoda is basically VW but with a funny badge.

consider that a corolla is generally never driven hard, whereas most german cars tend to be driven more vigorously. this could explain the difference between VW and skoda, dacia and renault.

even so these kinds of surveys don't make sense. how did they rate their cars? frequency of breakdowns? price of repairs? this survey answers literally nothing. dacia engines (basically old renault units) are so cheap they might as well be considered a wear item. they tend to cost on average about 400 euros (brand new 1.2tce), whereas a used BMW 2.0 unit costs up to like 8 times as much.

wish hitler won ww2

seriously, the world would be a lot nicer place.

he warned us of the degeneracy and we ignored him...now look at the shit society we live in today.

I'm glad hitter didn't win cuz like I've got the Jew blood in me and really enjoying life and shit so...

Thank you allied forces!!

You're retarded, everything German was always shit, even their tanks back then was just as unreliable.

And here comes /pol/ to be retarded again

The Pathers were more reliable when moving BACKWARDS than forwards as their Electric transmissions would shit the bed if the bounced into the wrong forward moving gear.

>The Pathers
>Electric transmissions
I'm pretty sure that's not correct. Only Porsche's desing had electric transmission.

Thats what happens when you use jewish labor..

I know that feel.

>3. Dacia - 96.45%
it's getting better and better, sure you aren't a retard in real life?

I've only ever owned German cars, so do my parents and grandparents. There's never been a real reliability issue with any of them. Dad's Audi TDI's turbo shat the bed once, in over 1.5 million miles in different TDIs, mom needed a new starter for a Mercedes once. My biggest problem was coming home to a flat battery after vacation during a cold and winter.

I'm not saying German cars are reliable, I'm just saying that none of the good 2 dozen German cars my family has owned has ever had problems. My friends with the French cars on the other hand, GOOD LORD, the jap cars aren't much better either.

Maybe it helps that I'm German and take appropriate care of my car, instead of never letting a professional touch my 3rd hand 90s BMW.

none of this means anything

This is true. My friend changes primary car every 2 years or 80k miles, whichever comes first. He loses a TONE of money, but what is 100k euros down every 2 year when he makes 7 figures a year. I always buy cars from him, get them polished, engine bay, interior and wheels detailed and flip them. So many tiems i wanted to keep the car for myself but if you dont have money its not worth it.

this
Planned obsolescence is real, and it's huge in the tech sector; ie why printers always shit themselves, why you need a new cell phone every 2 years, etc.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

Has anyone ever considered that maybe Americans just suck at maintaining cars and that Detroit products are engineered simple and oversized on purpose to cater to their retardation?

I've used my old cell phone for 9 years before buying a new one for the extra functionality, and the old one is still idling away in my glovebox as an emergency unit.

>new brake rotors for Chebby: $30ea
>new brake rotors for Porsche: $200ea
Good infograph

Those surveys and rankings are almost all retarded. The Skoda is cheaper to own because there is no sunroof to leak or automatic wipers to go out.

Please see It amazes me how the rubber on 10-15+ y/o BMWs turns to complete shit compared to similar age or even older Japanese/American cars.

they're just stripped down renaults you fucking retard

Hitler stole tatra designs for the beetle though, and when they complained he invaded them.

Germany got sued and settled too after the war if you want legitimacy

Oh and that desert fox guy always drove a skoda over a german car because apparently german cars were cr*p even back then

warrantyexpress explains how they do their rankings and its pretty legit, certainly fucking better than that ameripleb shit (I forgot the name but its called a dependability study and it takes FUCKING CUPHOLDERS into account when they talk about reliability)

as to why skoda is more reliable than VW its probably because its built by harder working people (sorry but you germans are pretty lazy and the czech, contrary to their claims, are just slavs) and generally have simpler variants of the cars without all the new shit to break down all the time

>that desert fox guy
are you from kentucky?

nope I'm bulgarian but I just woke up from a nap and I'm having a hard time remembering names

>I'm bulgarian
sorry

Its okay I've had a comfy office job in Munich for a year now and they don't even require me to learn german

for starters I'm not German.

Still doesn't explain shit. This takes into account every single car made by Skoda, and that includes the Superb which is rather popular and usually well equipped, including automatic windshield wipers, automatic lights, nav systems, the door umbrellas, electric bootlids, electric parcel shelves etc.

Basing the opinion on reliability on where the car is built is somewhat skewed. Audis are produced in Hungary, Opels and Fiats in Poland, Q7 and Touareg are made in Slovakia and basically the whole VW group has factories all over the world, some producing the same models. Same goes for some Japanese manufacturers having factories in the States.

So saying that Skodas are built by Czechs is outright wrong because it might as well have been made by the French or the Germans.

I cant wait until they hire refugees for cheap labor to build the cars

Neither does this entire thread.

Please give me more of that anecdotal evidence

I know I just added that bit as bait. But as far as reliability is concerned there is nothing better than warranty direct

>there are people who SUPPORT this shit

Gee I wonder who could be behind it

you gave enough for the both of us

I thinkw they already started giving "economic autonomy" to refugees. They basically give jobs to refugees instead of germans, they make them do a German crash course and they start working (for less money hehe goyim).

Same here. The 1.8 is absolutely bulletproof and then the rest of the car was considered the benchmark target for quality for VAG in the 90's. People here are truck-stop gossiping about "reliability" for cars they don't have or will never own.

Anyone with any sense will know to look for manufacturer origin on any title they're buying. Buying anything made outside of Germany for "german cars" is just stupid and asking for trouble. No, mexicans, polish or russians don't know how to build anything to last.

Not to german car owners

>headgaskets
Should be replaced after every other maintenance interval
>same for cams, fuel pumps, abs pumps, etc

Just look at all the stockholm syndrome sufferers on VWvortex, its beyond sad.

>consider that a corolla is generally never driven hard, whereas most german cars tend to be driven more vigorously.

Cool rationalization, nigger. Most car owners drive like grandmas, even supercar owners just rev their overpriced shitboxes on the spot. The rest just drive like assholes (vigorously) and tend to end up in the ditch.

At least its biodegradeable, right?

Reminder that the climate control switch for an 80s diesel merc is literally more than six figures.

Except for the unreliable cars made in Germany (See: Every BMW except for Z/X Line (Made in USA) and some 3-Series (Made in South Africa), Every Audi/Mercedes, and Every VW that wasn't a a base model Golf/Jetta/Beetle)

Well, I guess I'll just take your word for it.

It doesn't matter where they are assembled since most of assembly is automated, also most german factories are probably filled with eastern europeans anyway.

Your b5 was a solid car, but nowadays audis are a disaster

> scumtree

>1. Tesla

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Germanon here
In Germany you take your car to service once per year and pay whatever they bill you.
Everybody here knows that german cars are expensive as fuck, not only to buy, but also to service.
Owning an Audi or BMW is all about showing off that you can afford it.
Most of the Audi A6 and BMW 5 are leased by companies who give them to their valued managers.

People who dont want to speed all their money on cars drive japanese.

This.
Same with the "prestigious" soccermoms that get a Cayenne as a present. It's also necessairy to say that we don't really have a big car culture here, most people simply don't care about looks, etc.