What does Veeky Forums think of the modern ratrod look?

What does Veeky Forums think of the modern ratrod look?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OSH8CuSVN6M
youtu.be/s7Iv42AOZIk
nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/chameleon/2859849
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

stupid

Fucking retarded.

That's the dumbest shit I've seen all day.

half those panels aren't even metal

I think the ratrod look goes best on shitboxes

It doesn't make sense and it looks like shit.

>paying thousands of dollars to make your beautiful new car look like an old dilapidated shitbox

ITT: poorfags jelly that wrap costs more than their car
Personally, I prefer authentic patina.

>this is an acceptable car modification in "great" Britain

youtu.be/OSH8CuSVN6M

>1 part hydrogen peroxide, 1 part vinegar and a table spoon of salt mixed in a spray bottle, sprayed over bare metal and this is the result.

In my day the kids wanted fast cars that looked great, performed well with functional performance wheels and good condition panels.

Now the kids want slow cars that look abandoned, perform terribly with horrendous wheels and stretched tires and ruined body panels.

That is fucking disgusting.

horrible

only thing worse is intentionally ratting a car out

fuck off no they didnt

kids in your day wanted gaudy ass ricer shit

Welcome to the postmodernist world.

Looks fake as fuck and like you actively tried to fuck up a nice car.

0/10

>the shit dripping onto his wheels
lol

To be fair, you could have the fastest car in the world or a 1998 vw jetta, but you're still bound to the same speed limit as everyone else, which is like 70 in everywhere except TX. Even accelerating too fast in illegal. So you might as well make it look cool if you can't make it fast

Trying to simulate a heavily three-dimensional texture with a flat wrap is going to fail regardless of what look they were going for.

That wrap is tacky as fuck and the wheels far too clean for it.

It'd work on an autism barge, or an older (E30 and preceding) BMW. The issue here is that this car still looks new. It isn't dated enough for "rusted shitheap" to click, and won't be till a couple of decades when the new modern car design is a windowless blob.

Only good when Mad max inspired

youtu.be/s7Iv42AOZIk

it makes me rage for some reason and im disgusted at the same time. burn it with fire

nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/chameleon/2859849

>tfw no To Love-Ru car panel

Find the owner and kill him.

That is the most fucking retarded thing ive ever seen done to a car. And i've gone to donk shows.

I mean it IS a Honda, they're just owning it. Car probably would've looked like that in 2 more years anyway.

I wonder if this would be road legal anywhere in the world

jap scrap rides and rat rods are cool. Repairing a rusted beater and driving it until it rots in half is cool. Driving your car hard and not caring about how it looks as lomg as sit performs well is cool. Taking a new or newer car an DC making it look like a rusted shitheap on purpose is not cool. Using a wrap to try and simulate that while saving your cars paint is even less cool. Patina is awesome. Fake patina is retarded and for posers.

>intentionally ruining a car is worse than giving it a color scheme I don't like
Okay

just buy something that already has the look.

This fucking guy.

>abiding the law

If it runs that's a steal

I'm assuming it hasn't been started since 1987 though

>not living in Germany

looks like absolute shit, I would rather spray a spirit wolf on my car than this.

>mfw you're right
I missed that the first time I watched it. I always thought it was stupid, but I've think plastering your shitbox in ecchi is actually funny as fuck and something that should be done more often.

>its ruining because I dont like it

cringe

I think it's genius. How he obliviously did a rap of a rat rod shows how AWARE he/she is of the subculturale movement and in that he/she is able to move him/her self from the target of being labeled of whatever...

You're trying too hard

Donking fucks up a car on a mechanical level, a paint/wrap job does not

no it doesnt

you just dont like it so youll complain about it

That's what she said

it looks incredibly stupid m8

Okay so you're just going to resort to kindergarten-tier argumentative discourse then

ok so youre just going to get bitchy because Im right

the world isnt as ignorant as you are on everything

I actually saw those a lot when I went to Somalia (navy)

I personally like the look. It's different and stands out, especially since literally every new bmw looks the same.

I think pic related looks great becuase the bug has looked the same since the 60s and it's more plausible

Cars naturally look like that in Iowa after a couple years.

We done throwing a tantrum over being wrong yet?

Looks absolutely like the last shit I took.

>lowering yourself to what you consider kindergarten-tier

ayy lmao

donks are re engineered bub its literally impossible for them to just throw those wheels on

keep on hatin

It's the only thing more retarded and tryhard poseurcore than stance. People who do stuff like that are literally mentally retarded. Fake rust everywhere, and it's obviously fake.
>fake rust on plastic parts
>thinking this looks good
literally commit suicide

There's a SEAT Alahambra in my town in Scotland that looks like this, every single panel is rusted through and the back window is literally held in with duct tape

how the fuck it keeps passing inspection I'll never know

Posting good looking rat rods

>this shit
>looking good
maximum kek
How fucking blind do you have to be to think a miata with no fenders and retarded shit like metal where the side windows go and missing rear body panels looks good?

The only rat rods that aren't cancer are REAL rat rods. REAL as in unrestored clapped out cars that have been hot rodded, not just old intentionally rusted garbage

I have yet to get a pic but theres a guy in my area that drives an r35 gtr that was wrecked pretty bad all around, and its always covered in mud and pretty sure its straight piped aswell cuse you hear it coming from pretty far away.

>rat
>good looking

yeah no

theyre all ugly as hell and at best are kinda cool

all youre posting reeks of tryhard intentional rat anyway

There's a v8 in that miata

>purposefully destroyed cars
>"rat rods"
pick one, poseur fucks
also
>fake rust on plastic parts
lmao
Rat look is only cool when it's the result of natural wear and aging. Intentionally making something look that way is easy as fuck to spot and tryhard as shit

And somehow you think that makes it not retarded as hell?

I think that's the biggest issue I have with rat rods

They're deliberately shit, whereas classic rats like your pic are shit because they were done on an extremely tight budget

Is my rusted bike acceptable?

yeah same here

authentic patina is cool

bonus points if it was a racecar back in the day

the whole slammed rat look intentionally rusted out shit I cant stand

>this thread
How to be a tryhard faggot by using intentional ratlook.

If your rat look isn't authentic, fuck right off you tryhard edgy faggot.

Pic related, authentic unrestored patina with a genuine hotrod inentions (make it go fast without breaking the bank)
a REAL rat rod.

No, because it's obviously intentional and therefore tryhard. Come back when you're riding a genuine old survivor of a bike bike which has stood the test of time, not some shit that you made look shitty on purpose.

That shitty new beetle looks nothing like the classic one. Thank god they didn't ruin a classic with fucking stance shit, though.

das it mayne

>its ruined because I dont like

goddamn these children

VWs are what started the slammed with camber look lmao

It's still a miata. It still sucks.

Honest and genuine = cool ratrod

>make it go fast
>diesel
These heaps of shit throw an entire town's worth of smog and barely manage elevens or twelves. Diesels are complete crap for racing.

No because it's not my car to worry about

That thing runs 10s though bud

It's stanced, therefore ruined. It's way worse than stock, done by people with zero taste on cars that look like complete ass.

In case you don't get it: If it's stanced and fake-rusted, and you think that's cool, you are mentally ill.

so fucking cringe

kids these days are an embarrassment to car culture

then again you prob are just trying hard to fit in and only have a passive interest in autos

Only one here worth even looking at

Yeah, or kids these days like you insist that their miata's "the shit" without knowing how right they are all along.

If you stance your car, be it a classic vw, woman's miata, or even a '55 Bel-Air, you're just shit.

Seriously, kill yourself.

I really don't get it. What about this... thing... gets you so goddamn ornery?

I always thought the best looking cars had nice, conservative paint jobs. The kind of paint where you glance at it and it fits in in any parking lot, but the more you look, the more you appreciate the lines, contours and color.

I can't really get behind the rat rod thing unless you literally pulled a junker from the scrap heap and got it to run.

I also like the 100% covered sponsor sticker racing look, but you're an asshole if you dd a car like that

>srsly kys lmoa
>im 12 btw

fuck off with your cringey shit youre an embarrassment

I think everyone who hates on stance isnt even old enough to drive

What's that? You think throwing acid on your golf's hood makes it a rat rod?

>I think everyone who hates on stance isnt even old enough to drive
>anyone who doesn't like what I like is a child or nocar
assmad stancekid detected

its all in how you guys act not that you dislike it

youre doing a good job of strengthening my belief

>this is an acceptable car modification in "great" Britain
it isn't
I laff 3 hrd wen I c it

Sorry that you're so asshurt about your silly fad not being universally loved. Nobody cares. If you like a stupid fad like stance keep your mouth shut about it except around other stancekids if you don't want to be ridiculed.
Also
>hurr all user r same
shuffle off newfaggot

Dude, I own a '61 u-n-i-b-o-d-y. Why the hell would I like a stanced beetle? It's just hilarious how you faggots think you're allll dope riding around in stanced clowncars.

It's just a difference of opinion, I know, but I'm just unable to grasp how anyone would think that's attractive. I thought lowriders were bad, with the shag carpet interiors, tiger stripes and such, but this is...

It's just a whole new level of shit. And I just can't tell you how funny it is.

it just keeps on going

I love how mad youre getting from me exposing how childish you look

Not the same user newfag

I never implied it was

> have to fish for irrelevant things to throw insults at me

kek