Hey Veeky Forums. I want a "new" car, $7000 or less. I'm a college student. I can walk to school...

hey Veeky Forums. I want a "new" car, $7000 or less. I'm a college student. I can walk to school, so I don't need to drive to school every day. I want something fun (definitely manual). I have no problem getting routine maintenance/repairs, but I don't want a car that will randomly leave me stranded. What should I be looking for?

Sorry for such a vague post, I'm just not sure what I should be looking for

Other urls found in this thread:

pittsburgh.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=wrx&sort=rel&max_price=7000&auto_transmission=1
pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5785092920.html
pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5773703352.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Honda Fit

Honda civic

Get an Rx7
Or an RX8 if you want something newer
It's 100% what I would have if I didn't commute 5 days a week.

Maintain it in your off time, it'll treat you fine and you'll be a loud obnoxious asshole with a cool car.

do you have a general idea of what the cost of maintenance would be?

have you considered a WRX?

opinion on the Civic Si?

I should add that I'm in a major city, so there will probably be lots of stop and go traffic. Is the Civic Si a good idea?

if it is sporty enough for you its fine

I don't think I can get anything sportier in this price range, unless I get something a lot less reliable with more mileage

what about the wrx or even saab 9-2x

how about a mustang or charger?

can't even find the saab. it seems like the WRXs in this range have at least 180k miles

Where are you located? That sounds very expensive

Pittsburgh, PA

pittsburgh.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=wrx&sort=rel&max_price=7000&auto_transmission=1

I found a mazdaspeed 6, looks like it needs some work though.

>AWD
>Manual
>TURBOOOOOOOO

pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5785092920.html

that looks pretty interesting. how does it compare to the wrx?

I think its pretty much a more family friendly WRX. Definitely not as fast but more practical than a civic si IMO.

My FB Rx-7 was bretty reliable with just regular maintenance like oil changan, gas was a bit expensive with the 7-25 MPG (lowest was in the winter when a lot of idling with open choke was needed to warm up the engine). Not too much power with the carbed 12a but it'll last a good while

>mazda
>practical

lmao get the civic

Here you go OP. Sounds like a great car for you

Its got 4 doors, awd, and a bigger trunk

Plz elaborate

They don't seem very practical. I'll consider them, but personally I'd rather have a small engine with a turbo than a big engine. Plus I don't think I can find any models with a V8 in my price range

pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5773703352.html