So i just bought a 1989 Honda civic wagovan (pic semi related) and I was wondering if the igniter from a 1998 CRV could...

So i just bought a 1989 Honda civic wagovan (pic semi related) and I was wondering if the igniter from a 1998 CRV could replace the one from a civic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q7ZzqBPz4sY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why? Just buy the right one for your car.

Because its an old as fuck car you idiot

So? Just because it's old doesn't mean you shouldn't use the correct/oem parts.

>Wagovan
Obligatory: youtube.com/watch?v=q7ZzqBPz4sY

>1989
>old as fuck
Kek

Quit being a cheap ass and go buy the part from Autozone you pleb. God forbid you can't afford weed and McDonalds for a week

>igniter

You mean spark plug?

You're a moron.

Thats 27 years ago.

Fucking lol'd. This is what Europe is actually like

How? I care about my shitbox

If you don't want to use 1989 tech why did you buy a 1989 car? Also wtf is an igniter?

4th gen wagon parts are really not that hard to find, I guarantee you can find almost any party you need on rock auto since they have a non autistic engine (unlike my shitty ew1 in my '86 wagon)

>Thats 27 years ago

It's still a D series engine you retard. It's not like you're digging up dinosaur bones from a Montana dig site. If I can find parts for my 1980 280ZX, you can find shit for your fagovan

People in this thread don't understand the path of 12 volts to your spark plugs.

I'm an old Volvo guy, but I suggest pick and pulls.

I literally stashed a coil cap and wires under a seat if I want em. Carry tools in in a duffle, carry relays and shit in your pockets. As long as you pay for 30 bucks or more of stuff they don't care.

Pic related was Sat.
Might work, are the ignition systems/ecus the same or similar

You can rebuild the distributor with parts from hondaautomotiveparts.com there's probably a guide on a forum or YouTube.

My civic sedan has imtegra type r lower control arms in the back. The rear shocks are for a 90-91 model but I have them in my 88 sedan. Also the rear sway bar is from a da9 integra.

Only morons think you always need parts from the exact same car all the time...

Needing parts from the exact same car is what mechanics say to non car people to make their job simpler.

Im not evem the OP

No you dumb shit. They aren't compatible. Stop calling people morons when you ask stupid Ass questions.
>mfw Honda mechanic of 5 years

>honda mechanic
>doesn't know lots of old honda parts are compatible

Its not that stupid of a question

It costs like $10, don't be so cheap.

The only parts interchangeable with a crv is the 3rd gen integra 94-01
>implying I didn't know Honda parts aren't interchangeable
Don't ask stupid questions. It's common sense.