>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakar_Rally#List_of_winners
maine.craigslist.org/mcy/5774094427.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SuZuki!

Tfw you only rate liveries based on visibility from a distance among other bikes

SHARK THREAD EVERYONE POST SHARKS QUICK

Ka-Tana, Ka-Tana, Ka-Tana!

>tfw you forget the meme arrow

SHORK

Which visor should I choose for my white FG17, smoke, blue or silver?

SHURK

do you know who cta is?

the one that makes you not look like a gigantic faggot anymore

>My whole text is the same color though, I'm not meming certain parts

Blue so you can be the stig for halloween

How dark of a visor do I need to hide my face?

so i learned on my stepdads gixxer sixxer. Went to meet a guy on CL to buy my own sv650, what a fucking boring bike! I know theyre not gonna ride even remotely the same but why does this board shill them so hard?

Now im thinking either a k3 GSXR or a 2004 or later F4i

Biker in Utah... Anyone here want to meet up and ride sometime?

check the map in the op

>on Veeky Forums
>not memeing
>meme arrows

nigga pls

K are you gonna take care of next sem?

They shill for beginner riders, you're not a beginner rider.

saved for future use

tfw you need more stickers to make your bikes livery more meme-orable.

(You) wish.
So which one?
No.
Never watched the show.
Uh? If I'll be able to I definitely want to come. Need some more sausage in my life.

How do I make riding buddies dbt? Do you think they'd ride with a fat guy on a 250?

Yeah I am tho. Like I haven't ever owned a bike have maybe 60 hours in the saddle. I just don't think I could ever go back to a non-sport bike for anything other than touring.

Keep an eye out for you picture. I will repost it with added art.

t. CTA

Know fun roads
Lead other bikers to fun roads
Race them in the touge

EZ

You're the one who keeps shopping wranon on pics of that show?

I think I've decided on a Ducati Monster

Should I get an SR series or the new 2008 and onwards on?

This one or

>ducuckty

Or this

Because you're not using it right. An sv650 is devastatingly fast in the right hands. Look up laptimes at MSR Cresson to see how fast a 1:19 is.

took a while to realize what's wrong with that bike, boy do I feel dumb now

New for sure

That's my favorite gen, the 1100 with the single sided swingarm and those exhausts.

Guise, what 70+hp motorcycle is the best at moderate offroading? Fire trails, gravel roads, trails etc.

sv650

GS of some kind
africa twin
vstrom
990 adventure

Whichever one still had dry clutches so your bike sounds like a bag of loose bolts

Ninja 650 with knobby tires

the new monsters have hydraulic clutches

this the people recommending street bikes just want to see you rip out a drain plug bolt.

F800gs

ok? My bike from 2007 is hydraulic, it's nothing new or super fancy. They don't make ones with dry clutches anymore though.

>he doesn't even know what a dry clutch is
Maximum kek

You won't rip out your drain plug bolt going offroad if you're always doing a wheelie though

shut the FUCK up

So how come race replicas aren't that good anymore? I test drove a 2015 CBR1000RR and a R1 and neither were that impressive compared to the S1000RR

Is that even over 70hp? Also how is it good at offroad at all? Apart from V-twin being torquey

>BMW & KTM
lolno I actually wanna ride the bike too
V-Strom & AT literpeters are surprisingly powerful but do they have to be so heavy? Also I can't afford the new AT for the next 10 years or so.

Doesn't that have horrendous ground clearance? Also sub-70hp. (~65bhp)

I might want to turn at some point

They stopped making true race replicas because 99% of them spend their lives on the street going slow or in a straight line

Because delusional BMW fanboys no longer need an ///M badge to feel smugly superior for no reason

BMW and KTM adventure bikes are reliable as fug

Husqvarna 701/KTM 690

67hp at the crank stock, throw on an intake, pipe and tune and you can get over 70.

>olno I actually wanna ride the bike too

Had plenty of both. They're fine. They are also the best choices.

690 enduro?

Aren't those exact two brands topping the charts in all kinds of dealer recalls, major maintenance ops etc.?

Hmmmmmm

Interesting handlebars

ELETRICAL TAPE SEALING STUFF: CHECK
LOCTITE EVERYWHERE: CHECK
ZIPTIES EVERYWHERE ELSE: CHECK
SUGRU ALL OVER THE FAIRINGS: CHECK
TRACK DAY ENTRANCE: CHECK

DONT LET YOUR MEMES BE DREAMS

I want to see a dumb scrub like you try to ride a 70hp bike on trails. You might crack half throttle once

nope, stop listening to dbt memes.

for their shitty streetbikes, yeah. People literally rode around the world on BMW adventure bikes.

>KTM
Someone post the updated collage

What track?

Crashing will do that yeah

oh the collage of bikes that people crashed really hard and they broke? i love those.

I just work, user. Motorcycles and travels are my mains passions and hobbies so all my money goes there, and i have the luck to not pay a rent so that's it.
OH and i also have a shitty car, because cars are really expensive when you compare them to motorcycles.
Im not rich, i just take care of my savings :)

It was nice knowing you.

I was hoping you'd make it at least to sem though.

Jap bike with WWII paint job based on the American Volunteer Group which made history killing Japs...

Kids are stupid.

I don't want 70hp for the trails, I want it for the highway, dumbass. I'm currently riding a 80+hp streetbike with adventure tires, but it just doesn't have the ground clearance or torque for any kind of semi-serious offroad. And I can only afford one bike.

They're the ones topping the charts in race results and performance reviews

Just put different suspension and a larger rear sprocket on it?

is the Yamaha FZ-07 a good bike to move onto after my learner bike?

It sounds quite good but I kind of want a bke with side wings.

>KuckTM

Ayy lmao!

Look at the dents in the forks lol

>KTM
>Race results
???????????

You're just going to suffer then. 45hp is a good compromise if you want to do both street and dirt. I'm not just spewing shit I've heard, a 450 is all I can handle on singletrack and I know it makes me slower than I would be on a 250.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakar_Rally#List_of_winners

Fz07 should be your learner bike. Also it will last you a few years.

fireblade come down and i'll hook u up nigga

As somebody who's ridden that bike; the only thing it's good for is squidding around.

I've heard if you upgrade the suspension and retune the engine then it becomes amazing though.

If that's true it could be a worthwhile alternative, I guess I listen to the maymays too much

Not really worth it for daily use if the maintenance interval is like 3 days, though. Race bikes aren't exactly good for a DD.

If I could regear the transmission, that could actually work, but the ratios are so close I couldn't cruise past maybe 140km/h without revving the everloving fuck out of the engine. If I had a lower first gear I'd be golden the way it is. Been thinking about the suspension, though.

I have a 80+hp streetbike which doesn't even feel that fast, I don't really wanna downgrade that much just to be a bit better at the trails

>
Its way better than a piece of shit ninja 250, r3 or gs500 m8

There's a decent deal near me on an '85 Honda Magna V30, would this be a decent first bike? really trying to keep cost low if I can help it, at least at first. Still relatively new to the motorcycle world so don't know too much about what's good and what isn't yet.

why would anybody move onto those turds from a learner bike? That's not even an upgrade.

Death is just another path, one that we must all take (TM)

Pls take care of the fat and ugly chicks for me.

It's not a little bit better, it's a different type of riding. If you start riding trails for any significant amount of time, you'll find a heavy 70hp dakar bike impossible to push up hills and you'll probably get stranded. Save up for a 250 or smaller enduro and put street tires back on your street bike

Just get a mirrored visor.

That way, you can hide your ugly face from even the sun.

Yeah, something like that ;^)

not really an option in the UK, we're forced to use 125cc until we pass our test.

So theres this big market of 125s that have had a ton of previous owners floating around.

So I got my action camera in today. What's the best option for a chin mount on my helmet? Do I need some kind of clamp to grab the bottom of it?

The sticky pad is only curved one way but the chin is like a sphere in its curve.

>he's never watched any outdoor race or erzberg

theres a reason 90% of the bikes there are orange

As long its not a bobber or cuckfe racer. You will probably be ok. Also look for shitty mods like open exhaust or pod filters, if you see them stay away.

It's like 80% street 20% trails/offroad, not worth it for another bike, also this is all for adventure purposes, I'm not gonna suffer the thumper on the highway for hours just so I can do a bit better at the bushes.

Looks bone stock to me, except for the windshield apparently, which I'd probably just remove anyway.

Here's the bike in question
maine.craigslist.org/mcy/5774094427.html

I'm technically competent, not so much on motorcycles yet but in general, so a little bit of work doesn't scare me if it needs it

put it back from the front center and use an arm

heres mine

>americans are stupid.
FTFY

You basically have two choices: Dual sport or adv bike.

the full sized adv bikes can't actually go offroading, the R1200GS and KTM 1190 Adventure.

The middleweight adv bikes like the F800GS are slightly better.

There aren't really any lightweight adv bikes

Then you have your trifecta of japanese dual sports, but those don't meet your HP requirement, leaving pretty much the 690/701

Or swap a Ninja 650 engine into a KLR

>tfw hot starter syndrome on a GS550

Oh, suzuki...you temperamental 80s slut.

you want a windscreen

no weeb cb400 in states