Hi, Veeky Forums. I have a question that I'm not sure if you can particularly answer...

Hi, Veeky Forums. I have a question that I'm not sure if you can particularly answer, but I figured I'd ask you guys first since you're more active than /trv/, and more auto-centric, which is more where my concerns lie anyhow.

What's the best state to live in as an auto enthusiast? Good car climate(s), good roads, low crime/car theft rates, license plate laws, titling, registration, and inspection restrictions, policing presence, general enthusiast community, and so forth. What experience do you have, and what insights and tips can you give? I've narrowed my search for relocation down to 4 main states: Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Washington. I've also considered Hawaii, but decided to keep it to the main 48 for now, so if you have any information regarding those 4, and/or the cities therein, it'd be greatly appreciated, along with any other locale advice.

Thank you, Veeky Forums.

Washington has one of the highest car theft rates in the country, because property crime laws are not enforced here.

If you park your car on the street in Seattle, just leave it empty and unlocked. It will smell like a homeless person in the morning, but at least the windows will still be intact.

What, really? That sounds fucking horrible. Why would anyone want to live there, then. What if you have a garage?

Alabama is supposed to have awesome car friendly laws

only real downfall is having to live in Alabama

Whomever placed those Interstate lines on that map is an idiot.

California most likely so long as you don't want to modify your car and can afford a place with a garage. They have by far the most road diversity for cruising around.

I also think Colorado is pretty neat with all the mountain twisties but they are mostly only accessible in the summer months (May or June to Sept or Oct depending on the roads). But then you get to drift in the snow

lmao just looked at a few I know well and they are not even close
>I85 goes through mountains of north carolina instead of through charlotte

>only real downfall is having to live in Alabama

Therein lies the problem.

I can only speak for two states, and neither is on your short list. Of the four you're looking at, I'd say Arizona. The few times I've been there it seemed like a nice place to live.

>Seattle
I hope it falls into the ocean with half of California.

Live anywhere outside of a big city and you're fine. The farther North or East you go, the better it gets (until you hit Bellingham or Spokane) and there are some top notch driving roads with little to no police presence.

What did Seattle do?

Have you ever been there? (I hope you're not a resident)

It's the most liberal place there is. Home of the $15 minimum wage and Starbucks.

No. I've been to many states, but not the northeast or northwest stretches.

>tfw amerifat
>tfw no title needed for cars older than 15 years
>tfw anything with a vin and a bill of sale can get plates ( read dirt bikes )
>tfw no inspection is not actually a moving violation or points
>tfw passing on a double yellow is legal as long as it's not signed not to
>tfw no town police
>tfw town highway Dept solution's are post tier
>tfw monitoring the thread to make sure it goes unmentioned as always

Some red state in the south. No road salt and more relaxed laws and taxes on cars. FL is easy except for the NY tier "at fault" insurance, shitty drivers, and crazy people. Maybe Georgia or like LA/MS.

Yeah, but,

>living there

Therein lies the problem...

Well meme'd, my friend.

anywhere warm and dry, your car will last longer

So Arizona.

Texas is pretty ok, lots of speed shops, cheap gas & cops don't give a fuck unless you do stupid shit with people around or your brown.

Yeah the roads in texas are nice, with 75+ speed limits. Cops are a mixed bunch in my case (2 tickets for not wearing my seat belt, no ticket for 80 in a 50)
I feel like texas is pretty centrally located if you wanted to go to any of the coasts, although it will take a long time (excluding galveston)

Do you base all your world views on a can't evidence? Because it's a really nice place for its size, despite how many liberals there are. If anything, being too liberal is far better than being too conservative, the biggest shit holes of the south will agree with me.

>New Mexico
Good roads and fun roads are not necessarily the same there. Thousands of miles of roads with relatively little traffic and not much money to maintain them. That said, the roads in the Sacramento Mountains (Cloudcroft, Ruidoso area) are great, the roads in the northern mountains are great, and the AZ/NM border has some fun stuff, too. If you don't mind driving a few hours to get to the good stuff, then it's fine. NM is pretty much the 3d world though.

I was in Arizona and new mexico in july and i cant understand why anyone would actually want to live there. It is like hell. Shrubs and heat. 120f no thanks.

That's why you live in the mountains. You learn to tolerate the heat because the mornings are nice and a good chunk of the year is perfectly comfortable. The desert dust and plants played hell with my sinuses, though.

>on a can't evidence
Wat.

And I've been there, didn't like it at all. If you have left-leaning political views then maybe it's more tolerable.