"typical Veeky Forums post asking for opinions on a car I can't afford"

Anyone know anything about the Audi UR s4/6 or can just formulate a cohesive sentence with your opinion? I don't know shit about Audi's, I have only owned Japaneses cars.

>found about ur s4's about 6 months ago
>become obsessed
>all my daily driving needs
>look comfy as fuck
>browsing the list
>find one for sale in my town
>better then average condition
>diamonds

Im going to call the guy up tomorrow and see when I can look at it, I have an obsession with driving unicorns and 4 door sedans are at the top of my list. They made less then 3k of these (not sure if US only or including euro-poor) its just a sedan so its not that expensive the avants go for crazy money though.

Pros:
>audi quatttro awd with T1 torsen (100% mechanical no electronic bull crap)
>aan 2.2T 20 valve
>mechanical locking rear diff
>also shuts off ABS
> 6.2 0-60 in 1993

Cons:
>3800lbs
>23 year old Audi
> parts go for quite a bit more then a normal 1990's car.
>timing belt
>Audi

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8VuKd2VQwWc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bodyshell is double galvanized, so it pretty much won't ever rust.

Engine and drivetrain are massively fucking overbuilt, will run until the end of time if you keep up on regular maintenance. The inline 5 is like a 2JZ with 1 cylinder less, it's that strong.

Everything else will break though.

That last line is what scares me

Basically just be prepared to replace all the little shit at any given time.

...I'll admit I've become a bit obsessed with 5 cylinder Audis over the last few months as well.

I owned one for about 2 years, ask me anything.

>ITT:"I know this is a bad idea but I am just waiting for one guy who agrees with me so I can pull the trigger"
don't do it dude

Heres the ad

Im mostly just concerned with the maintenance I have 1 year of college left with lets say 8k in the bank but I only work 8 hours a week atm.
Do you daily drive yours?
What kind stuff has broken / cost to replace. Are they hard to work on?
Every car I have owned I have done all the maintenance myself besides clutches, timing belts and stuff like that mostly because I don't have time to do it myself.

How rare is the carbon fiber trim?

Possibly

5k OBO got cut off

No license plate so guessing it hasn't been driven to much lately or he just didn't want to look like an idiot with his thumb in the middle of the camera

I have been living with regret after passing up a e34 540i/6 with 90k miles last year and I don't want to feel that way again

Do not buy one if you are in college. I was earning $17-35 an hour and the car was too expensive to own.

I daily drove mine. Got 13mpg back when premium was $4/gal.

Half the engine sensors were bad, Ended dropping about 3k replacing some of them, having others replaced by a shop if they were burred. Wouldn't boost when warm, ended up being the diverter valve. Drivers door window regulator failed, that ended up being a complete pain the ass to replace because the doors are 3 pieces that all need to be aligned. Cats were barely functional and only worked if I drove the absolute piss out of the car then straight onto the smog machine. Rear defroster failed. Heater control failed, ended up being wiring buried in the dash. Fuel pump failed, had to get korean fish market gloves to replace that in the fuel tank. The Ericru or however you spell it interior goes to absolute shit with age.

The thing was... on that cold night when you would go out, hit a freeway on ramp and get factory overboost. That car pulled like a fucking freight train through 2nd, 3rd and 4th. The engine sounds identical to the rally and IMSA versions, just muffled. That car was special.

At the end of the relationship I had spent 7k in maintenance and repairs, and was only able to get 2.5k for the car. They have zero resale value and even less buyers. If you go to buy one, keep that in mind, the guy is probably desperate to sell it.

ask in the audi thread.

Oh and the carbon trim. Finding that isn't hard. The trick is finding carbon trim that isn't cracked.

make sure the turbo spools, and the waste gate is not falling off. replace the cat, and buy it. don't overpay. 160k..prepare to replace something.

Damn pretty much what I thought I was gonna hear. I can't believe their is so little interest in them though is it just because people know they are going to have to pay to maintain it?

German cars depreciate like mad unless they have a big following, and the UrS4 doesn't really.

>Drivers door window regulator failed
my driver's window regulator failed over the summer, same time my AC compressor failed. I drove shirtless all summer
>mfw driving with windows closed and no AC in SoCal summer

It doesn't really deserve to be called an exotic, but in a lot of ways it is a German exotic.

Most people don't know they exist. One time I took it to the Audi dealer and they were convinced it was a V6 until they popped the hood. Then they thought it was some weird motor swap until they ran the VIN.

I wouldn't say they are any more expensive to maintain than an E34 M5 or E30 M3, problem is they have no resale value.

Mine failed open, fucking sucked.

they are hot shit in europe. not so much in the usa. they aren't cheap and they are cool.

t. audi s4 owner.

So basically im gonna go offer this dude like $2,500 if everything appears to work correctly and hes probably gonna get pissed off and tell me to leave, Ill then wait a week or two and if its still up call him again.

That sounds pretty painful, 2/3 of my cars have not had A/C, but then again I only live in Ct...

>So basically im gonna go offer this dude like $2,500 if everything appears to work correctly and hes probably gonna get pissed off and tell me to leave, Ill then wait a week or two and if its still up call him again.
Having owned one, that is what I would do. He is probably desperate to sell it.

things break in every car. don't listen to the broke ass kids complaining when things cost money.

youtube.com/watch?v=8VuKd2VQwWc

>hearing this when you are passing some douche on the freeway

i paid 2600 for mine and replaced the exhaust. 160k. the car is too old no matter how cool it is for anything over 2600

I understand things are going to break I had a 300zx TT before hand and I lost a considerable amount of money on it. I fixed everything on that shitbox myself to, my hands looked like they went through a stump grinder every time something would break. A shitty craftsman wrench could barley make 1 click forward at times.

Basically if the S4 isn't as bad as a 300zx I think ill be ok with fixing stuff.

i fix stuff in my A4 all the time and i came from being a jeep guy.

I think im just falling for the euro meme of everything breaking everyday and being impossible to work on.

yes thats a meme.

People only came up with Always Under Diagnostic Investigation to be ironic.