/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Elfs are cute and fun and do NOT have limp wrists edition

>DCSS Trunk Updates
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-17-october-2016

Tournament soon!

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21955&sid=ee63d5d64d99251c6fc0671cf257473e
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's nothing good about elves.

I squeezed duvessa's butt with my tentacles and she dropped her weapon only for her to be lethally poisoned by it. Their wrists are limp.

Stop sexualizing minmay

reminder to report and ignore stag fags.

you can fuck the stag, you cant fuck the goddess of virginity

>you cant fuck the goddess of virginity
Reminder that anal doesn't count.

You know, it never occurred to me why artemis is weak to physical attacks.

Suddenly it all makes sense.

you can do legitimately anything you want to your property dude

she resists body though

What about this demon?

>those tits
not awoo at all

Trying to jump in maidensnow eve and I can't figure it out oh god I'm terrible

it has fucking weird controls

Not the guy you're responding to:

Because Sauron tricked Ar-Pharazon into invading the Undying Lands where humans are barred, making him think they're the Undying Lands because if you live there you will be immortal, rather than them being undying because immortals live there.

Eru (allegory for God) got so PISS that he changed the planet from a flat plane to a sphere with a loud cracking sound and this flooded Numenor.

Sort of a bizarre overreaction but on the other hand the idea of the world being round because some powerful being wanted to keep humans from sneaking off of it (so that if you traveled far enough you'd just show up where you were before) strikes me as mildly interesting.

awoo is all grown up now

Name ONE (1) video game character than can defeat him.
Protip: You can't

Asura

@ with an antisummoning amulet scummed from the depths of 555

I answered him in the prior thread already.

>where humans are barred
Because the Valar are racist cunts.

>already
Excuse me for being 49 seconds too late

Also I was curious whether it would show a little reply thingy for an out of thread reply

Just informing you bro.

But yeah how 'bout them Valar. Bunch of unlikeable gits except Ulmo, eh?

Updated

I gotta admit that max SP draining would be horrendously OP.

le edition maymay xD

amberites have intrinsic regen as well as racial powers to cast Restoration and Alter Reality

Faggot.

There's a lot of things I find really interesting about ME but the 'balance' of the setting was really borked in my opinion, just one bad 'valar' and a bajillion 'good' valar plus of course a God expy just struck me as overkill

Well the bad Valar pretty much overpowered all the good Valar except one.

But really, the issue that bothers me is how the Valar treat humans like shit and ignore them.

thanks. Don't have PCB on me right now, but whats good about demigod of a minor god? they have 180% xp but only +1 across the board compared to dunadan who has better stats with only 160% xp

kill yourself

>a sage on each floor so far

all demigods get to choose twice from the demigod perk list, at levels 20 and 40. minor god has no advantage other than xp% over the other demigod subraces though

humans (HUMAN humans, the boring ones) get a single demigod perk at level 30

oh yeah and i think draconians get a racial perk too but their list isn't as cool as the demigod one

>Come onto new floor
>Sheep, dryad and bugbear all in the room
>Try to run into a corridor
>Nope, Dryad summoned friends
>NOPENOPENOPE
Fuck, I have no idea how to save myself now

demon has redcaps

You can use your jump attack to go south and hopefully get to a door.

Got rekt

This game makes me think about how there's a lot of untapped potential for ero in roguelikes.

RIP. Note that you can also jump over watch with your jump attack. And that going super inquisitor is an instant action that will cure most debuffs, like bind and knock down. :^)

slash'em or slash'em extended?

I couldn't successfully jump in the tutorial. It'd always becoem unavailable onceI reached the jump point. I don't know what super inquisitor is either.

You have a super mode that'll increase damage/defense. You can activate it with holy water after charging up your meter I think. Its been a while. Jumping is super wonky.

Cross/lance of fire?

Yeah, a lot of additional mechanics to give them shit to do with

Yep. Sometimes it'll activate if you're about to get your shit pushed in too. Make sure to abuse the shit of your vials. They're pretty busted.

well now i am hard

>elona permadeath
I want to play it but this sounds horrible, who would grind for so long only to eventually die to some bullshit and lose it all?

Fucking Entry vaults reeeeee
I can't pure like this

You only grind for extended game optional god battles

>i dont want roguelikes

Well I played it for 5 minutes and the little girl that I picked at the beginning somehow does a lot more compared to me. Feels like I need to grind to be worth anything and you guys have told me before that I need to do exactly that a lot in this game.
You don't really need to grind for a really fucking long time in roguelikes.

How do we fix Hand of the Dead?

After strength was changed, every melee range pure magical ability in the game indirectly became worse because anyone with low strength is squishy. Hand of the dead is full of those kinds of abilities.

>permadeath

Please don't do this. Just play on natural mode so you can't save/exitscum. Elona isn't designed with permadeath on.

>You don't really need to grind for a really fucking long time in roguelikes.
You do in every *band which is like half of all roguelikes

or just don't savescum instead of playing the weird mode that permanently reduces your stats if the game crashes?

>exitscumming is bad
>in an offline game designed purely around one's own fun with no goal in mind

I hope you live alone, wouldn't want anyone near you to catch autism.

Half this shit came from the last two hordes that passed by my base. Fucking hell.

Secret tech is to pump 5 vitality/level for the ridiculous HP after Ferret fixed it. Forget about stats for damage

>Shitposters keep sending people on the ruse cruise
If you aren't hitting shit you aren't training your skills. Bench her for a bit if it gets out of hand. also, pets generally have an easier time training their potentials and they get a multiplier on their stat gains. They also get an ass ton of xp hitting stuff in jobs while you're running around picking plants and grabbing loot. Once you start unlocking the tier 2 jobs, have all your skills unlocked so you can start unfucknig your potentials and you're getting potions of potiontial to bless and quaff it inverts unless you're doing multipet

It is literally never optimal to go 5/level for any stat. The impact would fall off incredibly hard after a while. If you want ridiculous HP, soul armor a Well Fed Python.

I don't think you understand what it is to see 11 zombie hulks, 3 shocker brutes, 8 brutes, 3 necromancers, 3 masters, and a smattering of other zombies. You haven't gotten ptsd yet.

>play roguelike
>not autistic

does not compute

It's fine, user. I've rammed through towns in a killdozer before too. Don't have to epeen about something trivial.

>doing jobs in elona
modal as fuck

where's that guy that sets his spawn rate at 100x and throws caltrops all over towns to clear them out

The little girl is not so good. I always skip the first town and go to the one to the left, and hire a female mage slave.

I might actually have to try out a soul armor with a well fed actaeon on a veil tank. The hp would be insane although the resists are shit

I usually play with max zombies and max evo, that's just tuesday.

Only real problem is that they destroy all the houses almost instantly and every drop is instantly destroyed by acid, so it kind of sucks.

doesn't well fed have -20% speed too

i think the resists are probably more important than hp especially if you can just do like freezing veil + tormentor + refresh and constantly keep your healer recharged

Acid destruction has been gone for ages

>well fed actaeon
I believe you've made some sort of mistake here.

Each 2% speed is supposed to change hp by 1%, with lower speed giving more hp. So maybe a well-fed zombie would be better because zombies are way slower, with similar number of weaknesses

I'm pretty sure you can do it if you feed the deer to something else, revive the deer, then feed the well-fed demon back to actaeon. I've never tried it but other people have talked about fusing the same unique to multiple demons in their party by reviving the fused unique.

Oh seriously? Huzzah.

Have you ever managed to afford anything remotely significant with Soul Armor?

The credits system holds back what could be a really great game.

>fatfinger z instead of a
>Attack
>Absolutely smashed by some dick ogre guy on wilds:5
>Butt and mouthed furiously raped
>Forget that the system is retarded and I have to manually swap from endure to resist
Mad as fuck

Keep in mind that the bonus HP from speed caps at 25% in either direction, so you don't receive any benefits from going below 50% speed.

Soul Armor's cost is proportional to how "good" the result is.

Incursion...?

Yea, I recently played around with soul armor on my last character. The costs are ridiculous. Each resist costs a huge amount, immunity costs a bit more, and weakness reduces the cost by a marginal amount. You basically have to drop all spending on anything else for several levels and full clear each level with SEPI and item sense for bonus credits to afford anything good. Wisp soul armor is hilariously overpriced for the horrible weaknesses it gives you. Not to mention that more resists means less HP.

Zombies are like 70-80% speed though right? So there's still room for HP gain by making it slower.

Maidensnow eve

>resists mean less HP
>HP is also impacted by speed

Well thank you, this helps a lot.

The game is so fucking hell bent on being biased against playing a tank and towards being someone who plays keep away that I will just accept it and have my summons be a tank like a normal person.

i mean if a demon gets lowhp you just fuckin desummon it

if a player gets lowhp he's fucked and probably has to blow some consumables

If you go full veil tank madman on the player character and don't even pick up an attack, then Juggernaut is a good pickup because you can just constantly walk back and forward in fights for FREE defense. Probably not that great of an idea.

Soul Armor could theoretically just have a fixed cost if the HP modifiers that came with resistances and weaknesses were rebalanced. But the thing about having more HP is that it becomes exponentially better, and that's why low speeds got nerfed. More HP means higher base regen, better scaling with Guilt, better scaling with Regenerate, and all of these things scale with Malleable. The longer you take to kill, the more turns you're alive to regain HP, which increases the time you take to kill. Also, Diehard may scale off modified max HP. If you have to deal 10% of something's max HP in damage to have a good chance of killing it through Diehard, and it has 200 max HP, you have a problem.

Veil tanks are the MiBe of Demon my man. Literally pump 5 vit/level, stack veils or 25% defense abilities, two healers at all times, walk up to enemies and let them kill themselves on you.

This is true. But ranged characters with low defenses can sometimes get unlucky and bursted down really quickly, for example walking around the corner into a pounce/bull rush pack.

Guilt is damage based healing so it's not affected by malleable (which means it's affected gluttony now that I think about it). Also that could be true about diehard triggering the cooldown less often with more HP, but poison and ignite are common enough that it feels iffy to rely on it.

>no follow up to the worm misadventures of infra arcana

Guilt is triggered by damage, but the damage doesn't affect how much is healed.

Wait, the damage doesn't suck with all into vitality?

>nobody likes pcb anymore now that the bug was fixed

>mfw felid

>actually sleeping
come back when they all wake up and immediately surround you before you even get a chance to go back up

how about this guy who just came down the stairs

Are you sure the heal strength is not damage dependent? Well it is triggered by dealing damage at least, and malleable says "Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage."

The damage will drop to ~75% of normal, but compared to a character putting 4 points of damage stat each level (175% of normal), you're doing less than half damage. But with ~5 damage veils triggering each turn on each enemy in the pack plus your active attack(s), the damage adds up really quick.

I can't stop shitting myself even thought I know I should be fine

>hmm, I'm bored, let's take a look at some random tavern post
>title: Hexes do not become useless late game.
>Lasty
>Confuse allows you to disable the majority of the game's dangerous monsters for a few mp from full screen range. It's powerful because it's a safe and generally fairly reliable way to get kills on many dangerous monsters for a tiny investment. There's nothing to prevent you from using it with non short blades.
>instantly press ctrl+W

>Go to a new floor
>You're in a party room!
>Animation plays showing 2 dryads 8 dudes
>Message log screams by as 5 of the lobsters leap, 5 ogres charge, and I see a smattering of the rape sheep and giant dickmen that basically vaporize me
>Use backflip, buffs, dash aoe, redemption debuffing, wands, scrolls, bullets as hard as I can't but I can't stop the tide even after killing a good 20 of them
>Never even spotted a portal out
I was dead the moment I arrived. RIP +5 hound short sword of power

Link? I'd love to see him go on about how casting conf 8 times to pass a 20% mr check on anything that actually matters or up against MR immune is more OP than iron shot, fireball, LRD, or any aoe. We don't even have mass conf anymore and conf is spellpower capped. Not to mention frenzy is dogshit even with cheistats and int gear to compensate for every single hex enhancer being removed from the game. The majority of stuff that hexes work on outside of the midgame is trash you'd have just normally killed.

rip

>fix the android rune knight and 777 exploit that let you skip al lthe stupid shit of the game so you can go get double move mana stormed or whatever other bullshit kills you in the endgame
>Surprised people don't want to put up with tedious grindy bullshit where the "lessons" you learn from splatting are happening when you're 30+ hours into a run
There was a reason rogue was short.

I'll just play the old version with 555 if it becomes fotm again

wait they nerfed runeknights?

Yeah, you're no longer a sheckle factory and the mp potions are nerfed for rune knights

crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21955&sid=ee63d5d64d99251c6fc0671cf257473e

The real question is how people who don't even know how to play the game are allowed inside a development team instead of the dumpster. I think this is ample proof that crawl """""community""""" is basically a cesspool

Hey, your animations seem to be working. Not sure why but I recently got a new computer and had to re-download MSE and for some reason the Knockdown animations do not work. The option in the config is stuck- Cant change it. Any idea what happened?

>Because there are plenty of enemies that resist them. Just because you can kill something with them doesn't mean you can solve all of your problems with them.
Please kill me

I mena yeah, it was something when you had polymorph, enslavement, mass conf and other strong hexes but it's just a sad gutted school that's going the way of charms, stealth, and summoning.

I have no idea. Like 2 years ago I did whatever the pasta told me and got on with life. Redownloaded it this morning and everything worked still. It's so frustrating cause you hit the point where yeah I can disable a tormentor or some draconians. Whoop de fucking do. I could have gotten real skill and killed all of them in view in half the turns and mp.