/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

died >1.08 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/241332569600668256

>Ashes of Ariandel DLC Stuff
pastebin.com/W1XH72P2

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H-fplak7u44
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nerds getting mad at magic/miracle/pyromancy users incoming

Awoo~

Cute.

This is the worst DLC in the series, right?

5th for best weapon in-game

also does anyone know the longest spear wieldable by a SL1 is?

>see someone swing at me
>throw a parry out thinking it won't land
>it does but im already rolling away
>do it twice more again afterwards
does anyone else do this? I either feel like I look like a retard or a massive tool.
I need to learn to commit to my parries

>Start playing again after a long break
>Remember how builds besides quality are shit until the end-game.
This is sapping my will to play, are any of the dlc weapons good and are they easy to get? or is it standard Fromsoft affair and they give you the cool shit after you've beaten it all?

I wonder, since the arena is a thing now if magic will get a looking at balance wise.The damage is fine but some of the cast times and tracking on the spells make most of them kind of shit.

EXPLAIN YOU IGNORANT SLAVES
HOW QUICKLY YOU FORGET ABOUT BALANCE CHANGES

Most certainly.

what the fuck is this OP image even

>I posted it again
Nigga this is like the 8th time I've seen that webm posted, can you at least make another one?

Just "Rejoice!" immediately afterwards.

Makes it look intentional, and also makes you look like you're way too cool to riposte.

lol wheres your ocelotte you fag

>want to give the arena a try
>realize it'll probably just be hacker shitfest

I can't wait for everyone to land baby's first parry in the arena and upload every webm of each match they do
>It's another 'dark souls 3 can do nothing right' episode

Played through DaS1 and DaS2 as a Sword and Board character.
What would you guys recommend for this? Magic's kinda boring though.

Plow.

I still think Sunken King is worse, that DLC actually pissed me off, this one only annoyed me
This is definitely shorter than it, though

I think I stepped in some.

whats wrong with it

There's a new weapon solely for sword-n-boarding in the DLC.

Oh I actually forgot about the Milkring, you can use GFS which is probably the longest spear.

i would take a break if i got dunked that hard.

Gonna do a new run soon, what build should I do?

sure can do buddy

66 STR.

What weapon?

>Butchering a baby in bloodborne is a-ok
>Crushing a dragon baby in DS3 isn't

Great Club.

healslut

earthseeker

>He still yet to do a no summon challenge run

It can do plenty right, but this DLC did less right than all previous DLCs. It was still fun, but just not as good as previous examples of DLC.

I already did a run like that, actually. My build was a complete mess but I used Great Club all the way through.

if you heal and run as an invader vs a solo host youre literally trash, also i usually just cheat engine kill you trasdhlords

>cainhurst fashion
my dude

>Siegward only spawns in the well if you open up the Cathedral's main door
>can only get to said door by crossing the rafters

>Onion Patches will not spawn by the bridge if you cross the rafters

Do they even playtest this shit

PCuck Fight Club Boyfriend?

Any ideas on how I could self inflict Hypermode for my sneaky Soul Stream mage for brawls? Is Bloodlust's sudoku reliable for getting me in RTSR range?

You dumbass.

Give me your stats

????????????????

>Not Ivory King

>spears
>halberds
>daggers

How do I beat these weapons?

I feel like I have a decent chance against every other weapon class in the game but when I'm up against a good player using one the aforementioned weapons I just get my sphincter destroyed.

Wat do?

Oceiros is a pretty great bossfight, definitely underrated.
FROM should do talking bosses a tradition like they did with the whole "each boss has 2 phases" thing. I wish Pontiff or Gundyr could drop some sick one-liners during the fight, it just adds so much to the overall atmosphere.
>filename
jej

>Best weapon in the game
>*unzips off-hand caestus*

Dusk Crown ring can lower your HP, it's not enough for RTSR but it might make some setups faster.

every time without fail
>this non-meta weapon is really good guys
>parry fishing with offhand caestus

>all this meta canceri n the arena with miracle and magicfaggots just hiding in corners and spamming shit and then run forever when found

pathetic

Just invade low SL, I've been telling everyone this but seriously it's a lot more fun.

I was wrong about the sounds, you can still hear the squishy meaty baby-smushing noises, but the baby's geometry was removed.

>mfw half the people I fight run all the way around a wall as soon as I put out a floating chaos and I just kill them anyway
it goes both ways dude

Well what the fuck were you expecting? It's "competitive" Dark Souls PvP so of course it's going to attract cancer.

I want to practice parries on enemies and npcs players alike should i practice with the buckler or caestus?

Practice with whatever you're going to be using.

>switched and does a well timed parry when he needs to
>parry fishing

Damn I fell for your bait

>HAHA MAGIC SUCKS
>SPELLS WILL NEVER BE VIABLE
>CASTERKEKS BTFO ETERNALLY goldenface.png
feeble

Whatever's closest to the timing of what you intend to use

no reason not to use caestus though. fuck the haters. It's light, has fast parry frames and can be infused either as a secondary weapon (manly fisticuffs battles) or with a utility infusion like blessed.

*switches to CCS and does a well timed R1 into another well timed R1 and kills you then points down @ ur corpse*
relax kid

Magic sucks in duels. Everyone agrees that it shines in team fights.

>summon a phantom
>I crit Ariandel just after he crits Firede(he got the killing blow)
>my character just starts walking into the corner
>can't control it, but can switch gear
>phantom BCs out
FUCK THIS GAME

Sunken King easily has the best level design out of the three crown DLCs, you have extremely shit taste.

AoA will be regarded as the worst, purely because duration and the fact that most people don't consider an arena as something to crow about for a game released in current year.
This was DLC for DS1 and base game for DS2.
And even then the fucking arena isn't what's usually praised about AotA.

Also the items are kinda weak, with spells being outright joke tier ass. In comparison, Sunken King gives Tears of Denial, Dark Greatsword, Promised Walk of Peace and a fucking laser beam.

Not counting the rings (including several resist) in base DS3 (though Flynns might be argued because they made it trash) Sunken King gives you a ring with a chance to automatically deflect spells and grants you spell parry to everything. AoA gives you a single frost resist ring.

>mfw earlier this week everyone was getting absolutely furious at losing to the pure pyro in some FC

If you lose to a pyro in a duel you got outplayed. End of story. You can beat them by simply roll spamming until they're out of FP.

What the fuck was his problem?

So I started fresh, rushed into the DLC, cant do shit for damage cause im 26 and left but cant do shit to the main game either cause lol I rushed. What do now? Get a carry on the first boss and hope I get a good weapon?

Beware capitalist undead, the Spectre of Communism comes to equally redistribute the flame!

Protip: It usually takes 1 Charge WA to kill a caster.

Introduce them to the Champ.

Well I be praising the Arena this time around because its imo the best handling of the concept out of all 3.
As for the DLC itself, I like what they gave us but theres simply not enough of it especially in comparison to past DLCs.

39/30/35/35/35

modified quality build as knight with more vit

hehe, that's pretty good mate.

Your fault for being a feeble cursed one, dude.

Lol

WHAT IS THIS FUCKING PHANTOM RANGE ON GODDAMN STRAIGHT SWORDS

HOW IS THIS FUCKING UTTER BULLSHIT NOT FUCKING FIXED YET

FUCK THIS FUCKING GODDAMN GAME

>no mods for more hairstyles
>can't put a hime cut on my qt

>Shit tail

yeah but i can do it too see

>phantom range
it's called shit netcode m8

Hey lads, my mate says he followed a different path in the DLC than me, but I can't fucking find it even after going through the DLC a second time and looking around for another path, could someone tell me where it splits off

so you go down wolf canyon, down the slopes (or to viking tower with big boy wolfo 2 and fall down), to the second bonfire, then down the ladder, along the cliff, down the slide, through jumpscare town, through the graveyard, past the little church into the big building to end up at bonfire 3 with some other NPC, after that there's some more viking cliffs with some trees you can cut down as bridges, then you go to the top there, along the cliff, up the stairs & you up at pit-o-bug, go up the stairs and end up at ringlady

>fighting shitters that don't know how to dodge gundyr WA
might as well say it only takes 1 black serpent to kill a caster because it's basically the same idea

yeah thats it then probably

thanks for being garbage at netcode from Ds1 to this very day you fucking shit japs

This arena is a total piece of shit oh my god

Unpopular opinion: I think that a DeS-like inventory weight system should be brought back with some major tweaks. It limited your options and didn't allow going on an adventure with a shitload of consumables and weapons in your magical bag of holding, which further made builds more specialized, which I find to be a good thing. Maybe even have separate stats: one weight limit for your character that would affect roll distances, and the other for your inventory space.
All while being able to access your storage from any bonfire, obviously.
Thoughts?

Can we keep this going?

>Who was the boss that you had the hardest time with? All bosses across souls games count, including DeS and Bloodborne.

youtube.com/watch?v=H-fplak7u44

I want to take him home and feed him.

You can go to the bottom of the painting as soon as you reach the bridge dude, just cut it from the church side.

t. faggot who can't win the clown fiestas

Manus.

I don't know why but he gave me the most grief out of every boss in every Souls game from DeS to DaS3 (excluding BB since I'm a PCuck now).

I made a full dex character and I'm not sure where to put my last points.

I'm at 40 VIG 40 END and 60 DEX. I started thief and my STR is at base 9. I dont know if I should just dump the rest into VIT or put them into INT for great magic weapon.

god fucking damned
thanks tho

>Fighting shitters that don't know how to dodge Crystal Soul Spear
Your point?

Gundyr's is godlike in brawls/team matches because they don't see you coming, unless you're retarded and don't know when to use the WA.

rate my build pls

I agree, the only problem with the item weight was that you would permanently lose items that you couldn't carry. This was solved in BB where items go to your bottomless box if you can't carry more.

the netcode is actually fine in japan, which is the only market they care about. The issue is they have no idea how to handle infrastructure beyond a country where every person lives within a 5 minutes jog from one another, so they make the game peer 2 peer as a result, then decide that having no region lock is a good idea as well.

not going to lie, gravetender champion fight is actually really fucking hard on SL1

You high level dudes can burst him down, but I don't get that luxary

How do we fix the next Dark Souls or what ever will be the spiritual successor

Immediate fix: don't make another one