Why does no one consider gas mileage in an apocalypse vehicle...

why does no one consider gas mileage in an apocalypse vehicle? if i were a prepper i'd trick out a Honda civic or some shit

>if i were a prepper
most prepers wouldn't get something affected by emp even if they weren't preping for a nuclear exchange

cause good preppers buy a diesel truck/utv

Because old cars are easy as piss to run and you can run them without the need for electronics like current fuel pumps, or timing systems.

Pretty much the easiest maintenance you could have and not worry about it shorting out on you. It's all mechanical.

>muh gas mileage
>buys a petrol powered car
Dumb murriclaps, everyone.

diesel sucks in everything and sounds like diarrhea

Spoken like a true ignorant little bitch.

>

>assmad diesel fiat owner
Rotflmao

>making fools of themselves
>on purpose
Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

because realistically a diesel is the best in the apocalypse, you can convert them to run off waste oil from fast food restaurants and make your own fuel. id be getting a diesel Datsun 720, SmartCar CDi, or old diesel Merc before anything

old ones yes, new ones are surprisingly quiet

what do you mean timing systems? every car needs some type of timing system so the pistons dont smoke the valves. if we're going purely off of simplicity a 22R 4x4 Toyota pickup is the best

>diesl
>fiat
kek

Diesel fiat.. just stop or go get a decent car

>drives away in his fartcan mobile
lmao

>Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
Yep, it sure is tripfag.

reminds me of something funny

>diesel fiat

>tripfag durr
>posts with name
Reaching new levels of retardation, here.

Stay triggered.

>endless amount of (You)s every time I post
Sure seems I'm the one who's triggered. topkek

So how many fast food restaurants are going to open during the apocalypse?

Anyone with a diesel fiat would be, its understandable.

@15855505
>this assmad
Rotflmao

>diesel cuck ragequitted
as expected. Stay BTFO

Sure beats having a rice burner or taking the bus.

>diesel cuck this assmad
>SPOON FEED ME MOMMY!
Stay BTFO

A Civic is bad vehicle for the apocalypse

>Low ground clearance - that even if raised would greatly upset the suspension geometry of it given that it was engineered to be a cheapo econobox
>CVT - unreliable and generally not good with long term strain
>Low torque engine - you'd be better off with a diesel I4 out of a Euro CR-V but it being coupled to that CVT is still going to ding you
>Unibody - An impact to the rockers, pillars or rear quarter panels can ruin the structural integrity of the entire vehicle, unlike on say a BOF truck, in which case a panel can be replaced with nothing more than scrap metal without ruining the rigidity of the underlying chassis
>Gasoline drive train - You'd need clean refined gas which would be hard to obtain. Put in some that's too old and you just killed your injectors. Diesels can be converted to run on all sorts of heavy flammable liquids, especially non-direct injected engines. Diesel engines liter per liter, generally are more fuel efficient too.
>Electronics - Dependence on electronic systems would mean disaster in the even of Nuclear warfare in which electromagnetic pulses fucked your electrical systems. Spark plugs wouldn't fire, fuel injectors wouldn't open, fuel pumps would seize. Older diesel trucks have no spark plugs and the other systems are mechanically operated generally, at worst you'd lose ABS, lights and radio.
>Carrying capacity - If you find some tub of rations, fuel or another resource that will help your survival, you're going to feel awfully stupid when you can't fit it in a small Civic and the added weight of what you can strap to the roof grossly hampers it's ability to move

Pic related is my Apocalypse dream vehicle.

>revel in Internet fame for having the worst car on Veeky Forums
>somehow offended by people calling you out for your awful car
Can't have your cake and eat it too

>"B...bus and r..rice am I r..right guys?"
A bus pass will get you from point A to point B unlike your shoebox sized shitbox.

the go to vehicle for such things is generally something like a dirt bike.

major roads will be fucked, either ruined near major impact sites or clogged with wreckage, gas will be rare, you'll attract attention and will generally have a fixed route in a car.

This is how it works in reality - tractors.

>memeing this hard

But i do. I drive a 5 cylinders diesel volvo that burns less than 6 liters per 100 kms.

Isn't that just because they didn't have anything else?

4 cylinder diesel electric hybrid 4x4. US military wants it for both range and silent operation

Sometimes I wonder if Alphonse really is that bad...

To be perfectly honest I'd rather have the daily Corvette shitposts rather than this diesel fetish. At least those are fun.

I guess everyone would pick shit over diarrhea