Help me buy my mom a car

Answer my question and I'll solve the pic related.

So at the end of the lease, I was planning on letting her have that 2015 BMW X3 for $15 000. That's in around a year.
However, the repairs for modern BMWs are fucking retarded, there's no resale value after 2 years, and all the electronics are bound to fail one day or a-fucking-nother. The electronical compartments are absolutely BRUTAL and everything is attached to some sort of sensor.

Help me pick a luxury vehicle that she will still have the trunk space in for her flowers and whatever. I don't care if I have to put down an extra $5000 for her - I'm not letting her buy this contraption and deal with the $10 000 in repairs every year to keep this moving.

I'm looking at those Audi Hatchbacks but she's pretty dead set on BMWs as we have owned 5 of them and actually know the dealing guy.

My last question is: what year did BMW go to shit in terms of their overengineering? I'm looking at the dealership's hatchback 3-series in manual - is that something I can readily fix and work on in my front yard if it is from 2011? Or should I look for something from 2008 and below?
She likes the heated seats.

Fuck it. I might just meme it and get her a Phaeton.

He didn't leave enough space for the pound, zero, and star?

should be:
1 2 3
3 4 6
7 8 9

Fuck you normi fags

...well what the fuck is it, a numpad? sudoku? the fuck...

Is it the shitty shoop of the word Trotskyism in the back? Idfk

They swapped the s and the t in mistake. It's spelled incorrectly as "mitsake" in the original picture.

i knew a woman who spent $60,000 on one of the ugliest 5 series i've ever seen because she said it"fit" her.

if you are buying a car with your mom or any woman, you should abandon all hope of making any kind of decision based on reason and sound judgment.

Op is the mistake

thats what your mum said about you

>Phaeton
What's the retail on a phaeton now?
I've had some time in the v8's and w12's and think besides them breaking all day are breddy good.
tfw the last one I drove in had a broken back window from the trunk harness wires only 2 years ago.

>I'm not letting her buy this contraption and deal with the $10 000 in repairs every year to keep this moving.
>I'm looking at those Audi
Lol

But I wasn't OP

get a Lexus if you're so anal about repairs

BMW overengineering went to shit after the e30

also, don't need to answer, found it (pic related)

E36 is pretty simple still. The regulations that came in to effect mid-90s made things more complex, but nowadays the OBDIIs are the ones to get. 10-15 years ago it may have been different, but the tech has caught up that your local shop or regular Joe won't be troubled by the little bit of electronics they threw in.

Idk about a w12 but around 8-12 usd in my area for a v8

What are common issues with these?
They're around $10000 here in NoOnt when you can find one. I'd imagine repairs would put it to $10000 a well over 5 years...

An old VW Jetta maybe even.

What the fuck dude. Back to r9k pls.

BMW repairs are a meme. But an x3 is shit. Buy her a crv for 5k and call it a day.

He's not wrong. Women use zero logic when it comes to car purchases.

he wrote 3 6 9 but not damn she fine

Some 90s to early 2K Lexus. Shit's fine and cheap and lasts long. Or just pre2000 BMW, shit just seems to work if taken care of.

OP here. I looked into buying at the end of the lease and the option is $19000. I'm willing to bump it up to $25000 so she doesn't keep this thing. LOOK AT THE FOB. Fuck.

with $25 000, what's a good vehicle that would even work for her needs? Maybe a Land Rover Defender or old imported G-Wagon. Extended jeep? FJ cruiser?
This way, I'll get to play around with it too in the dirt.

Kill yourself. Let her buy her own fucking vehicle.

She'd probably kill herself if I did that. Then no one would get a vehicle. Why so angry?

Are there really any good SUVs left besides the ones meant for off-roading? Maybe an A4 hatchback would be the next best thing?

This. Let her buy whatever the fuck she wants. Don't pay or offer to do maintenance. Don't be a fucking cuck she isn't your wife.

When my dad died last year, he told me to take care of her like he would and to not let her make stupid decisions.
There are certain parts about her that I have to take care of until I get kids and she moves in with us or something. Like clean her eaves and shovel snow and shit like that.
In some parts, I have taken over the husband position in her life and despite her not needing me, I do it as a favour to my recently passed father.

Do you consider buying a BMW X3 a stupid decision? Serious question because with what I see in this machine right now, I do.

also:
>mfw
>cucked by my mom
I have to appreciate the sentiment, user. But I'm going to appreciate the humour of the situation too.

this. Op is a fag. Business as usual.

>women
>not making stupid decisons
Pick one

Well fine. I'm sure I'd have complete control over this once the lease expires.

If you must buy her something just buy her a used Lexus rx. Mom's and normies love those.

>used lexus rx
>moms and normies love these
Isn't this essentially just a more fragile Range Rover?

What about the Acura and Infinity equivalents of these things?

No. Lexus rx's are bulletproof. Infiniti has no competition for the rx unless you count whatever they're calling the fx now. The Acura mdx competes but it doesn't hold its value as well.

Before this thread, I have never ever considered even touching a Lexus as they all apparently were all just "toyotas with leather".

Does this hold up with the BMW X5s or are the RXs the much better option? Speaking of bulletproof - maybe I can get her a Jeep too? One of those newer Wranglers might work for her since she never drives highway. (plus I can take it out mudding one week of the year too!)

Thanks, user.

oh i get it

>trotskyism

X5 tries to be sporty
Jeeps are unreliable and not worth it if you're not going offroad.

The rx is a great road car. It is useless off road though. She might like the Toyota venza too. Its not the same but it's cheaper.

I had a 2000 rx300 I got from my family. We put a hard 170k miles on it in 12 years. Nothing broke, it was insanely comfortable and was decent to drive. I've never seen any of those German SUVs maintain the quality of the interior after years of use. Most look like shit, but that's just like, my opinion, man.

mistake: dude is wearing eyeliner
Car: get a newer lexus... lexus= toyota toyota=win

>any woman, you should abandon all hope of making any kind of decision based on reason and sound judgment.

My experiences in life support this. Purchasing cars, houses, taking out loans, general finances, etc you don't want a woman involved if it's your money. If it's theirs, just politely say you don't want to be involved in their choice (because it'll be the wrong one regardless of your advice)

The cheapest luxury money pit is a entry level merc.

/thread.

An old 2000-2006 TJ Crew Cab with removable hardtop? Resale value is great on these, though. Still no?

Mercedes E station wagon?

All these old 02-08 RXs I'm looking at have something insane like 80 000 KILOMETRES on them. What the fuck were they doing in that time?! Are these mileages too good to be true or legit?

BMW never went to shit. It's just meme people came up with to justify why they can't afford a $40,000 car.

What they don't realize is a loaded E36 was also almost $40k back in the 90's.

TJ crew cab? Wtf are you on about m8? A jeep might appeal to you but middle-aged women do not like them too rough, too loud, shit mpg.

By "went to shit", I mean overengineered so that you can only go to certified dealers or lease their vehicles.
My X3 is also annoying to drive and move. The seats move forward with a button and motor and move up/down with the same motor. It's slower and more annoying than my trucc's seat adjuster.
Some things never need to be changed. This is a metaphor for the whole care, tbbh.

How's a mid-90s 5-series drive? Soft? Good suspension?
Can you get a good M3 with $25 000?

Sorry. I'm retarded. Looks like the Tjs never came in 4 seaters?
And you're right about the loud and annoying part of the jeep.. ):

shiver me timbers

found the mistake

For fuck's sake OP, people are giving you good answers and you are just suggesting even shittier cars. The Jeeps and Audis and Mercs you're bringing up are no better than the BMW anyway.

Take the advice you were given and get the Lexus RX. It's reliable and comfortable and women love it. Problem solved.

I've noted it. I just want a wider selection. Sorry I'm so picky
I like to have at least three or so things to juggle in my mind. ):

>posting a more interesting image than your post
op is the mistake

rx, venza, rav4 v6

Mazda CX-5. Best crossover there is. Not sure why no one has mentioned it yet

This is why I kept asking for things, thanks user!
What year Mazda CX would be better in your opinion? Will do more research on these Jap crossovers in the meantime.

I just talked to her about it over dinner. She might even get a decent swing deal from Tesla to get their model X on lease when the time comes. It all depends on how well her investment house appreciate in value over the year.

>When my dad died last year, he told me to take care of her like he would

So now you fuck your mom?

except that all crossovers are shit. Fuck off soccer mum