newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/5760300997.html
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mcy/5785605514.html
hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/5760269500.html
longisland.craigslist.org/mcy/5759998323.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ninja 250.

Any 250.

Maybe a 500.

250 dirtbike that can be made street legal when he gets a license.

Basically the most practical and versatile first bike anyone could learn on.

>Id ask dbt but its currently shitposting central at the moment
>currently

Get him any sub-750cc standard bike (like a cb450, nighthawk, etc) that has an i4 and has carb issues. You can get something like this from the 80s or early 90s for less than $1k and it'll be good to learn on and an excellent bike for actual usage.

Ninja series bikes have tons of community and aftermarket support, to the point where you don't really need a shop manual that badly, but are still poorly maintained and then dumped on craigslist for the next sucker

So one of those. 300/500cc minimum if he wants to actually drive it.

I shouldve added that it has to be under $800.

There are no ninja 250 dirtbikes under $800 in my area.
I did find these tho.

newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/5760300997.html
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mcy/5785605514.html
hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/5760269500.html
longisland.craigslist.org/mcy/5759998323.html

bump

Turbobusa pham!

Give a kid something he can ride. Dirt bike that can be street legal someday

Also my buddy had a dunebuggy for a while when he was younger. Like 4 engines later and tons of broken welds, axels, transmissioms etc he now has a wicked volkswagon TDI-powered dune buggy that is an absolute blast camping

How was your day /dbt/

>Any suggestions?
Ask dbt when it's euro time

wr 125

He's a 14yo male.
He is by definition a dumbass who will get himself into trouble.

Get him a 50cc scooter. IDK your local laws but usually anything that low CC isn't considered a motorcycle and he won't have to get a special endorsement to ride it.

He'll hoon around on it until he is ready to move on to something bigger. Or, he will loose interest all together and you won't have wasted money on something more expensive.

>implying not needing an endorsement for something that can and will get you killed if you put it in traffic is a good thing
>when it's meant to ride on pavement, aka the traffic zone
>implying people don't normally start kids on >=200C dirtbikes

is he an engineer

I have no clue where op lives (city, suburb, rural?) so for all I know he could be miles away from any decent dirt tracks. Fuckit, OP's only guidance on the matter is price.

I live in connecticut.

not rural but not too suburby.

>He's a 14yo male
yeah exactly, he should be riding a 125 2t or 250 4t at least, not a fucking bike for 5 year olds!

at 14 i was lucky to have a stolen ciao, the fuck are you on about giving a kid a 1100cc widowmaker?

Just don't get him a Yamaha.

Because there will be nothing for him to fix

whats happening here?

My first was a 1990 Yamaha rt180a dirtbike. It was great and had enough power to do 70 on the roads. I live in rural KY where they don't care if you take dirt bikes on the roads. Road trips were the best thing ever, it sipped gasoline, and was easy to fix when I was 14.