ATTAINABLE DREAM CAR THREAD GET IN HERE

I'll start. This has been my motivation for a while, and I'm almost there.

What vehicle motivates you to go to work/school/whatever every morning Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

wright-here.net/files/manuals/1994 RX-7 FSM/94C_Engine.pdf)
youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjpXbMiCtg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One of these.

The projects on my mental "bad ideas" list.

soon

I can hardly wait.

ONE DAY BROTHER

soon

Abarth 500

This. Most of which are just LS swaps with a supercharger/turbo.

I think the prices on these are going up. Hopefully we can get the Japanese ones as well.

Jaguar F-type RS
An Aston Martin something with the 6 L V12 would be ideal but the Jag's depreciation seems pretty bad so here's hoping

it was attainable....now not anymore

legitimate feelsbadman

>RS6
>purple
You. I like you.

>Hopefully we can get the Japanese ones as well.
Please don't. Stop importing good cars and ruining them. I don't want to see more stanced and #nofucksgiven RX-7s by retarded Americans.

>aluminium V8 interchangable with semimodern Land Rover/Range Rover V8 units, design evolution also used in various TVRs and the Bowler Wildcat
>IRS and transaxle raising hope of the possibility of installing Corvette C5 or newer suspension and drivetrain parts
>in 1961, long before the Corvette itself had these features
>have I mentioned the design?

Good taste. Vantages can be had for cheap, but only the v8s. Last gen V12 Rapides can be had for around the 50-130k range depending on mileage.

>is unattainable
>was a charity
>anyone actually paying that much for a commuter car
WEEEWWWW LAD

I have one. It's a meme

I know I may get hate for this but I absolutely would love to a GT 500 one day. The 2010- 2014 model is so bad ass to me. That howl and supercharger wail combination gets me diamonds. Yes that color combination is also the best one IMO.

beautiful color

tvr sagaris

That thing looks so great. Too bad I will never come across a TV here in the States that I can actually obtain.

I would prefer a cayman over the AMG too, but only because I'm not willing to spend 120k+ on any car, even If I could afford it.

TVR Griffiths will be coming up for the 25 year rule soon, mx-5/miata sized but with 4-5 litre V8's, and non-homo's can drive them.

964 Longhood Widebody, aka the Poor Man's Singer Special

I just want a clean Mazda RX8 2011.

I can't buy one in good faith because I KNOW that EVERY SINGLE used RX8 I potentially buy will need its full engine replaced and I don't even know if I'll get a reliable engine.

It seems I might as well buy a 2006 model with no engine for 1k

Might as well, Renesis a shit.
Swap a 13B in.

Hello
How much do you think that would go for?
Maybe in the 3500-4000 range hopefully?

>Posts a car that's actually attainable
Lol user

Unless you only want a rotary, there are some seriously good engines for that chassis. Ls, jap straight sixes, ecoboost/ms3 swap to keep it in the family, turbo i4s. Fuck it, pick up an integra type r engine and throw that in there

Definitely. Try to buy as new as you can, read Mazda's handbook for the car it comes from (presumably wright-here.net/files/manuals/1994 RX-7 FSM/94C_Engine.pdf) and read up on plenty of RX8 conversion threads (and videos too).

Kinda sorta achivable if you import a used one thats in rough shape

These will depreciate.
And I don't want the unreliable as fuck Z06.

>take motor out
>rebuild
>twinturbocharge it
>swap into a landbarge or something
>become a Speed Violator

that car is so fucking cool

>not wanting the superior s65 amg coupe
Simply ridiculous

I have a neighbor with two of these
Dude has owned all generations of Z cars even the new one. I don't think he'd ever let go of them.

soon

5 years till they are importable, probably have enough shekels to finance into when the time comes

looks good but it aint fast

Forgot image
Good luck finding an owner willing to sell when the time comes

Yeah I just looked again, they got quite expensive too
But anyway, it's not completely impossible

Would rather the grand sport but it doesn't come with the targa top. Had a C4 when I was younger with the targa and it was amazing. Still upset that it got totaled out by a fucking soccer mom on her cellphone back in 04

That's cool to know and I'll keep it in mind, but really the rotary is what makes the RX series special. If I wanted another engine, there'd be no reason not to get another car.

So I guess these conversions aren't that uncommon.
Correct me if I'm wrong, if you would:
1. If I go to a Mazda dealership, I could get a new replacement Renesis
2. They probably wouldn't sell me an RX7 engine, and I'd most likely have to buy from private sellers
3. For installing an Renesis, Mazda would probably do it
4. For installing an Rx7 engine, I might have to do it myself / pay some di khead mechanic out the ass
5. That 3500 or 4000 $ would likely be just for the engine - installing it would probably cost twice as much

I don't pretend, I'm probably horribly wrong on some of these, but I just had to check; I like cars, but I'm completely fucking ignorant.

It's fast around a corner

Mazda won't install a non-stock engine in for you, no.
That is the price for an engine, ideally you should do it yourself for free anyway since it's an easy swap (rotary for rotary, but with a turbo). A mechanic would probably charge out the ass for labour, but there's no harm in ringing around and getting quotes to see how much it would actually cost you in your area.

I get why you want the triangle life. I really like the rx8 chassis and how it's a 4 door miata with suicide doors. Only thing I would change is the driveline. Rotaries are awesome, but I would prefer something more practical with less maintenence. If I had the cash, an LS would probably go into one. If I really gave no fucks, then maybe drop a z06 supercharged one in.

Well, I'm a damn sight likelier to get ahold of one of these than I am a TVR Cerbera.

Do want soon.

I've been keeping my eyes on the prices of these too. Do you reckon maintenance will be an issue what with Saab not existing anymore or is the Opel/Vauxhall Insignia similar enough for parts to be interchangable?

Why don't you have one? GT-S's are dirt cheap

I got a question bros, I have a 2016 WRX and I love my car, its fun. I like turbos, what would be the next reasonable step up in terms of performance. Must be a turbo, and must not be 50 grand or something crazy.

Thoughts?

Pic is my current car.

moar turbo

Eurocucks can't even afford these nice cars so why do you care

a45 amg

I was thinking about building the block and putting in a bigger turbo, but was also curious if there are other better options out there

Twincharge maybe?

>#nofucksgiven RX-7
Check yourself. That fine specimen of an automobile is a national treasure.

Does no one build a reasonably priced v6 turbo? I wish the WRX had a little more displacement.

If I get a huge amount of money when Im still young Im getting this.
I live in a big city but I would try to use it even for normal stuff.

>Does no one build a reasonably priced v6 turbo?
Ford's V6 Eco_ _ _ _ _

I bought a car recently but then after the I found out about the 25 year rule so I'm saving up for one. They're like 13k anyways.

>law to keep foreign cars that "don't meet American crash test or clean air standards" away
>suddenly 25 years after they are made the standards don't matter
I keep forgetting, but what company lobbied so hard for this?

Hyundai is reportedly working on a 3.3l twin turbo Genesis Coupe successor.

witnessed
but I think he was talking about how people buy rx-7s and then beat the shit out of them without any proper maintenance

>Mercedes
because people were importing cheaper Mercs from overseas and they didn't want that shit and this law just happened to be brought up at that time so they did that.

I'm talking about shit like youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjpXbMiCtg

Oh nice, that sounds interesting.

I read about people claiming to get 400whp out of a stock FA motor in WRX, but i feel like that would be on the verge of blowing up at any moment, even if i got forged internals first.

GOAL

Man fuck Mercedes. They haven't even made good cars since the mid 90s anyway.

Are you sure?

Mercedes Mechanic here.
Mid 90's mercs are terrible compared to the high end current models.

That is all.

I and my trips were specifically referring to that specific shitbox.
He ruined that RX7.
In doing so, he created ART. Culture taken form.

It also drives pretty fun, kinda obvious that the guy is an obvious fucking /b/tard though.

Mine consists mostly of VAG crossbreeding, shit like Audi inline 5s or V8s into all the things.

Also the occasional Mazda, Ford and GM product.

Someday when I get my license ill have a miata