How do we fix the dangerous motorist problem, without simply saying """""education"""""?

How do we fix the dangerous motorist problem, without simply saying """""education"""""?
(Because the US will never implement ANY kind of country-wide education)

I haven't seen anyone make a complete stop in a month, and I'm not exaggerating here.
Almost ran into a little accident the other day, because someone was completing their TURN already while I was just completing my stop, and we nearly met in the middle.
When it comes to traffic lights, I've seen the car in front of me nearly scoot and roll all the way across the intersection!
Seems to be every time I see a motorist in a situation where they can choose to be smart or selfish, they consistently choose selfish.
Blinkers, of course, are a fucking joke.

Can't just try and enforce the laws on the books, since you have to be caught, and that's unlikely unless it's quota-time.

I want harder tests, and I want re-testing once you qualify for AARP.
Beyond that, I'm kind of stumped. What would negate the masking effect of a car? Where people feel fucking brave and uncaring because they're basically anonymous.
I mean, people nearly kill me, and when I react, you get a wave or a laugh; you can't actually be responsible for yourself, can you?

I only deliver for like four hours a day, and yet without fail, something nearly deadly or plain stupid occurs without fail, every shift.

>self-driving cars become common as fuck
>driving tests become stricter
>traditional car insurance becomes more costly

Tiered licensing similar to motorcycles in the EU, only the higher tiers require not just the same test on a larger machine (which is fine for a motorcycle since larger bikes ride different than smaller bikes), but far more complex tests.

That way people will at least be limited in the damage that they can do when shitty drivers would only be allowed something like a Fiat 500, if anything.

There's all sorts of other arguments you can make for this as well, such as emissions and fuel economy.

You can't make it financial because these people love their cars too much to care that they have to spend half their income on them.

Except the system in the EU means it's impossible for riders to go on motorways even if they've already got plenty of experience because they're so limited in what bikes they can buy. The system here in aus is a nice balance but it's still by no means perfect.

Here in the UK it's really annoyingly staged (we have the EU system). You basically have 125cc licence,

Just realised I was a little unclear at the start.
>A2 bike can comfortably attain 70mph
I meant that the bikes have the power to get to 70 without straining the engine.

>duel carriageway/motorway capable as are many other low-mid range motorbikes (note: capable, not comfortable).
I meant to say that they have a drop in power after these speeds, meaning that if you need to speed up to avoid something, you'll find it difficult.

So while the speed is comfortable, the riding at that speed in traffic is not.

Hope that's all a bit clearer.

Institute driving bands for anyone breaking traffic laws or driving dangerously.
Make driving without a license a capital offence, administered at the roadside.

Sadly this actually has nothing to do with anyones driving skill. Most people can drive completely fine.
The problem is social. People dont associate cars with people. I noticed this recent. If you have ever been riding with someone that got cut off and they say "That Car just cut me off!". It is a complete disconnect. They recognize the car and not the person. On top of that the chance that you will ever have to interact with that person again is very minimal.
Sadly these days everyone has a "ME" mentality. What ever they are doing will always be more important then what ever you are doing.
30 cars waiting in the turn lane? Im late to work so ill just drive to the very front and force my way in.
I see this shit every day and i do my best to not let those type of people in.
I try to be a courteous driver as much as possible giving people plenty of room and letting people in front of me most of the time.
But when people purposefully try to not wait in the turn lane Fuck them.
If people all understood we are all people and we are all trying to get someone and no one is more important then anyone else we wouldnt have these problems.

What you're saying is just something inherent with the medium. Like with the internet.

Bikers will always have a subconscious "they can see who I am" even if you're wrapped up and wearing a full helmet. Cars don't have that effect. And it's made worse by people who have this mentality even more are often in the biggest cars.

The roads are just generally shitty places now. Even "open" country lanes you should find pretty sparse are actually quite populated and often in a poor state of repair.

I remember having an epiphany in SE Asia once on an old underbone, that this absolute chaos is actually preferable to our current road system of sticking big boxes in a finite space.

In all honesty, this. I love driving in the US because it feels a bit lawless and dangerous on the road sometimes (people in my state can't drive for shit and cops don't care until the last week of the month) but laws that are more strict would make people take it a bit more seriously. An example of this is safety in F1 over the decades, since the rules were made more strict (and enforced) things got safer

You can fuck off with your whiny commie bullshit you sonofabitch

Aye it's a fellow red blooded patriot how's everything over in your neck of the woods? I just finished fucking my sister and I'm on my 3rd beer. Heil Trump and fuck dem libtardds hell yea

damn right

Several dozen hours of mandatory driving lessons with a professional, state approved instructor, 60 minute driving test in real traffic, city and highway. It's the only way.

We have that in the UK, pretty much. Doesn't help for shit.

It's far from good, but still a thousand times better than America.

Mandatory 10 year tests.

It's people who are locked in lazy, bad habbits creating danger - the vast majority of kids I see who have had to deal with 100x the hoops to jump through for a license compared to their parents are RELATIVELY safe

capital punishment

First, reduce traffic density. Invest in mass transit. As traffic density increases, you need redesigned roads, and we don't and can't have those.

Then, make the laws less illogically draconian and rewrite them to adapt to conditions, and make driver training more in-depth to account for the new laws and the smaller number of drivers. Driving schools would rent out tracks instead of parking lots, and promising vehicle operators would have plenty of skid pad time under their belt.

"All turns yield except when signaled"
"STOP when other traffic is present"
"Treat read light as stop sign after one cycle of the opposing light"
"All speed limits are prima facie"
"Speed limit 70MPH except in heavy traffic and adverse weather - 60MPH"
"Night speed limit 60MPH, Adverse 50MPH"

And then use the added leeway and education to give people more severe punishments, like license revocation and a mandatory FULL course after any two inractions, at the driver's expense

>i know you know better
>the law isn't stupid, it's flexible, what you were doing was just plain unsafe

education.

I don't think "investing" in mass transit will ever get more people on it. We instead need to make sustainable methods to be more attractive, and separate vulnerable road users from large auto-mobiles. and give up on the "share the road" meme.

>How do we fix the dangerous motorist problem
learn to drive OP
sounds like everyone else gets it and you're a whiney little bitch.

>Invest in mass transit
all congestion is caused by pedestrians.

>Slow ass buses
>buses stopped in the road blocking traffic
>pedestrian controlled traffic lights
>traffic lights that favour buses
>empty bus lanes
>cyclists shitting up the road
>empty cycle lanes that could support traffic

My solution would be to abolish 90% of traffic lights and ban buses

Dude WTF?!
Learn to drive

>1) Never let anyone in
>2) Always push in
>3) NEVER STOP FOR A YELLOW LIGHT
>4) Fuck you

>1) Never let anyone in
>2) Always push in
What a considerate road user you are.

Rule four buddy. Rule four

This is exactly what I'm talking about.
This is the biggest problem needing solving.

I'm really fucking tired of someone almost fucking me and not owning up to it.

I stop at stop signs.
I do not push yellows.
I use my blinkers.
If I see someone doing something wrong, and me continuing to do what is legally 'right', I do no continue doing it.

I know how to drive, both legally and practically.

Hmmm, disagree. Every cager thinks speeding is safe so long as everyone speeds. Every motorists knows it's not the speed that kills, but the lack of reaction time and space to maneuver in.
In my daily driving area, I see the difference between those doing 25 and those doing 30 when it comes to safety.

The fuck is with tailgater mentality? Are tailgaters so stupid that they think they are getting places faster?

Stop being a pussy and welcome death with open arms

I drive an early 90's shitbox with no airbags and never wear my seatbelt. People are just too safe of drivers where I live to kill me. It sucks.