TOYOTA GENERAL Veeky Forums

Why no Toyota thread? Post your shitboxes, fap to hachis, whatever.

Pic related, it's my terrorist Hilux that tried to kill me on the touge the day before.

Other urls found in this thread:

blipshift.com/
norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5791788853.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ayy
I havent had a yota for a few years. But i plan to get a RAV4 soon.
Pic is my last two yotas

RAV4's are pretty based, especially the 01-05 models. The last generation where you could get an AWD with manual...

Something about old Toyota compacts just gives me a raging boner. Do you ever regret getting rid of either?

kek, i'll play along

I do plan on 01 to 05 rav4 actually
I regret selling both. I just had too many cars and those two were the least driven.
Some day ill get another corolla. Probably not a other mr2 though.

nice ae82 user, I recently picked up an ae82 twincam for $450. it's a piece of shit but it's great fun to drive and I love it

They are fun
>protip
Put Mr2 rear lowering spring on.
Regular front lowering spring. Handles super nice.
We never got 4dr in the US.

ohaithar

it's already got lowering springs luckily. my goal with it is just to tidy it up and fix the broken bits. I wish we had the 2 door instead here, they look great

I've got a nice skyline as well and I've been almost exclusively driving the corolla since I got it. there's just something great about a light, revvy manual shitbox

I enjoyed my corolla far more than the mr2 or even my miata.
Something about how happy the car was to be running.

I wonder why they don't just pick up a hilux from whatever shithole they're stationed in. I'm sure they're a lot cheaper than a Taco and their frames are more robust.

Because they prefere to spend american money in america.

allahu akbar

70's series LC's too, but the gubment lets them ball out with American made. Tacos of that gen were made in Fremont, CA.

Have any other trucks conquered the poles yet? I know Arctic Trucks makes kits for other brands, but I've never seen them take anything but Toyota's on polar expeditions.

postan muh midshipuku

aw11 shirt this week on blipshift, today and tomorrow only
blipshift.com/

They had these at Bathurst back in the day.

Scion Sub division reporting in
>w-why did you kill us s-senpai (•~•)

I'm actually sad to see the tC go. That car really could have used rwd...

I have no idea what Toyota was thinking. RWD would've revived the brand, but introducing the FR-S was just too late instead of just doing it to the Tc.

My ae92 gts that I just picked up.

I'm surprised they don't engineer their own "fun" cars. They have the know how and budget, but why turn to Mazda, Subaru and BMW?

I like the number of midsize trucks in this thread

Looks good dude

I missed last thread. Anyone got a link?

Fuck, why can't we have diesel tacos here? I mean sure you could have Dieseltoyz do a swap, but that's like 20 grand

I sure do love my little truck.

I had one years back. Loved it except it couldnt hold 65mph with a headwind.

Is a Lexus a Toyota?

The new toy. Bed is done up as a camper

Was it 22r or a 22re?

My new SC

I see you post these photos a lot, how often do you hit the mud caves/arroyo tapiado?
Gf has this truck with a snug top, it's the shit
Yes, and you have the better engine.

1992 22RE

Oh boy, another subreddit!

So real people?

>tfw no 1988 MR2

Eh? Someone else making my Veeky Forums?
Is it really that important? Thanks.

Finished setting up my paint booth today, gonna repaint the MR2 tomorrow.

I would have bought one of these over an MR2 if I could find one
Beautiful Toyota's anons

Looks very clean, love it. Is it the 300 or 400?

got my mk3 supra running recently, not sure if i said that in the last post. I think the starter is shot, battery is rip, or there's some sort of parasitic drain. lets pray for the first.

I would suck a dick for a e90 wagon.

I would also suck dick for an e90 wagon, but only a clean one

I've seen so many of these rusted to hell. I'm surprised mine lasted, although my passenger door is rusted out and I had to patch 4 rust holes that turned my floor pan into a swimming pool

The dingus before me did a rattle can job on it that wasn't half bad, but he either took off the decals, or painted over them, I'm investing in new ones as soon as I get my next paycheck

You got rid of those? But why user, theyre beautiful.

Thats fucking rad, my brother had one just like that. We used to hoon the shit out of it lol. Lots of fun to be had.

Looks really good, how many miles does it have on it?

Nice ride. Is it really as long as it looks in the pic? Also ive heard new tacomas have like a million cupholders. Is that true?

Its pretty damn long but its still fairly nimble. And yeah, it has 9 cup holders for whatever reason. 8 more in the bed, but thats part of the camp kit i installed

>tfw I will never be able to afford a better engine than my current 7afe

Why live

Lexacunt ES Tree Fiddy

Why don't we organize and get a cool title card pic like honda general?

Just picked this one up last week. Staight outta Alaska. I'm in love.

I know a bit of Photoshop/illustrator, any ideas?

After a brief fling with a '00 Maxima (poorly put together cars with a strong motor), I'm back to an all Toyota garage:

first is my '96 4Runner Limited. Bought with a meager 99k in 2013, have since caught it up on maintenance and wear items 100%, have taken a number of fun trips in it, perfect weekend hauler and camping vehicle.

something like the honda general where we post some links and shit and post a pic of a bunch of user/tripfags cars. I can guarantee everyone here can use photoshop and illustrator, if you fee; like doing it go for it maybe we can do it rn in the thread

next up is my new daily driver. '96 ES300 with 203k miles that I just picked up for $1600. A few minor quirks to take care of (blower motor control iffy, suspension clunk in the rear, power steering drops out at times, ABS light on) but a VERY well taken care of car in general. Maintained religiously with oil and ATF changes, just had a new battery put in, wheel bearing, exhaust work. Cruises down the highway beautifully, interior is in awesome shape. Quality of materials and thoughtful touches can't be beat on these mid-90s Lexi. The next ES (97+) started to get decontented IMO.

>You got rid of those?
I know i know. But the FX was carbureted. And the mr2 had been totaled.
I want an FX16 next. But ill probably end up with another RX7 first

let's do a collage like Honda general

>Tasmania

I had an AE82 Twin Cam in Tasmania... two of them, actually.

Something like this?
We can add pictures to this.

Or we could more aesthetic like the BMW thread

nowhere to offroad by me

>not putting scion
Just kill me please

Not even out of town?

City livin'.
Best I can do is flooded roads, here's a pic my mom took

I was thinking of putting scion in but grayed out.

Or wings? Greyed out with wings?

That looks like fun actually.

How much should I expect to spend on a 2nd gen 4runner 3.4 swap?

More than it would cost to buy a mk3 4runner

thats a sick set up. You ever take her out into the great wilderness?

You forgot scion

Whats wrong with 7afe? Or 4afe for that matter?

Might want to pick another name than Veeky Forums, given, well, the actual board Veeky Forums exists.

Just threw these wheels on tonight

>Firestone tires

Just call it /tslg/
Toyota Scion Lexus general

But scion desu

/toy/

Grandma put them on as a christmas gift. Cut me some slack user.

How's this?

Could we make it /YO/

...isn't /toy/ also a board? Go with or /yota/.

>not 7age
nigga

just do a head swap bro. Find a blown 16V 4age off a GTS, take the head off your 7afe and throw a 7age together, make more power. Basically a 4age with an extra 200cc, you'll probably be making around 115 whp. If you spend a little extra and find a 20V head you could probably make 140 whp if it's tuned right.

I think keep it simple Veeky Forums for short

Posting my A S T H E T I C

Maybe just //?

Replacing gasket and tightening head for preventive purposes.

the 7m is a remarkably durable motor after it's tightened down to 75 LBS torque setting.

and god damn is it sexy

x2 for /yota/

What about /tyg/ for Toyota general?

why don't we call it the 'tofu delivery general'

I fuckin love my cressida, it rides so much nicer than my old impreza.

After 160k my 04 Solara is finally on it's last leg. She was my first and only ;_;

Maybe just //?

you know //X2 seems excessive

I think we can all settle on just /

:^)

You have zero clue m8... go read

Yeah shit was like 2ft high. This was by the beach, doesn't happen in the city.
see Lots of guys on Facebook's 2nd Gen 4Runner Mafia have a 3.4swap.

What does Veeky Forums think of this craigslist post?

norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5791788853.html

Conquests a shit

>Parts required:

>4AGE engine(you should have one of these!)

>late 7AFE engine with metal head gasket (low mileage import from Japan are now easily available, mine still had original honing marks in the cylinder bores and was in very good condition) (from an Avensis I think)300

>Brown injectors from 1985 Celica GT(3SGE engine)50

>Adjustable cam pulleys (piper cams)150

>Timing belt (Porsche 944 1986) there are two belts listed the one required is the timing belt not the countershaft belt11

>212mm clutch AE92 corolla GTI 1992100

>3/4inch water hose about 5cmCheap

What's the issue here?