Next year I'll ve living in Virginia for three months

Next year I'll ve living in Virginia for three months.

I am an eurofag, would love to experience some of the american car culture. What do?

I have full car and bike license and I think they are at least temporarily valid in the USA. So up to everything.

What do?

Ideas until now:

- buy foxbody v8 mustang/crown victoria dirt cheap, sell when leaving, feel the v8.
- same with american motorbike.
- just rent a 74 cadillac and be happy.

Idk Veeky Forums, give me some burger advice.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5765707189.html
washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5751351080.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>acquire v8 challenger
>rev at every stop light
>everyone will want to drag race you
>haul ass and win every time

That's all there is to it. Have fun.

Sounds good but I'll be losing thousands of dollars in the buy/sell process, just for three months.

How are burgerland insurance rates?

you wont be feeling much V8 since those are anemic and terrible
same with any American bike
the Cadillac will be a huge letdown

the best part of american car culture revolves around imports

You can get some sketchy insurance that will probably do nothing for you like The General if they're still around just to have a card.

Look at gm cars with a LT1 V8 too, the c3 corvette, early 90's camaro and trans am, 1995-96 caprice (verify it has the lt1) I have a crown vic and it's fun but not as fun as you'd get from a fox body or the cars mentioned above. The caprice is a land boat and faster in a straight line than the vic with the lt1

t. yuropoor

You got the right idea, Euro and now is the perfect time to do what you're wanting to do.

>Get yourself set up in Virginia with a friend who has an address outside emissions test areas
>Hit up Craigslist in WEST Virginia for modified fox bodiies
>Have a fully American experience travelling deep into Appalachia to buy a 30ish year old ferd
>Sell it when you leave for more than you bought it for in the better market in Virginia

Ok that sound good but honestly don't understand the friend part.
I'll be in east virginia, close to washington.

>Thinking a foxbody mustang and cadillac will be cheep out here
If you want a decent mustang be prepared to drop about 4k for one cause the prices are slowly rising
Pls tell me why you think a cadillic would be a good decision anyways. Not sure if you'll be able to even steer them around a corner unless you have a license for star ship cruiser.

I know how you yobos like your german touring steering

Why not just try buying a 240z or 280z, you might be able to find one cheap maybe do some maintenance on it. And do some boy racing

How much money do you have for a car anyways?

No, no, you are missing the point.

I have thought about renting a cadillac for a weekend, not actually buying it.

The only buying perspective was buying the cheapest american v8 possible, run it three months then sell at the smallest lost possible.

Last year I saw several foxbody mustangs for about 1-2k$ in the states. Haven't checked it since then, honestly.

2001 pontiac firebird trans am ws6 package manual.

A C4 Vette would be sweet if you could do it. Otherwise the Foxbody or Crown Vic will be kinda slow if you are expecting a lot.

If you really want to do land yacht with a V8, I say go for a Cadillac DeVille. Maybe mid-90s. Get dat leather bench seat. The V8 won't really be fast, but you can definitely feel the torque when you take off from a stoplight and it is only revving to 2000rpm before upshifts and the Civic next to you has to hokd each gear up to 5000rpm.

Other than that, a late 90s or early 00s F-150 or F-250 would be sweet. We have a couple F-250 fleet trucks at work and I really like driving those. The one I drive a lot has to be like a 2003. But if you get a fleet F-250, it will have the pleather bench seat, column shift, manual windows, and the 5.4L V8 with RWD. Any time the road is wet, it is so easy to kick out the rear end. Plus you will finally get to experience the joy of the truck suspension and sitting up higher than most cars on the road.

Do you have some money stacked up? Because you could easily find a good deal on an older car for like $5k and it will actually drive nice and if you find the right car or fix a couple smsll things you could sell it for $6k+ when you leave.

rent one at your own risk but your not going to like it if your use to being in VW, BMW, Benz(es) and the whole lot. That cheap plastic will get you.
If your over 25 and don't have bad credit then rent till your heart contents. But you meant renting a new Cadillac right? Theres not really any place to rent old classic here.

If anything the most popular and most obtainable merican v8 might just be a el camino or literally anything that can take an old chevy small block v8. Look around for something like a chevy nova or a pickup truck if your into that.
Maybe you can find a baby bomber first gen mustang somewhere

Those foxbodies might have been the I4 or v6 models the prices on those are ridiculously low. But as soon as you see 5.0 on the add the price shoots up about 40%

Asked that dude the same thing, didn't get an answer. No clue why foreigners think american classics are cheap over here. 5k is enough to buy any kind of muscle car that still properly works

I suppose I could stack up to 3-4k. I am obviously not thinking in a proper sports car, I just wanted to drive something with american flavor at the minimal possible loss. Here in Europe you can get decent euro cars ~25 years old dirt cheap, I just assumed I could do sth similar in the usa.

Dont buy anything thats not a Chevrolet. you cant go wrong.

pepisfag is right, C4 Corvette will give you the top tier Mid 90s american car experience. Ford is disgusting, Dodge is okay, Chevy is best.

You apparently have only three months in america, dont fuck it up. Buy Chevrolet.

>inb4 Suck Chevys dick harder, user

I own a 2005 Impala that will soon be sold for a 1996 Impala SS, and a 1988 K3500 that will soon be traded for a 1999 K2500 Crew Cab. Ive never owned anything thats not Chevy, and for good reason.

So i have 2 questions for you.
1. Whats it called when someone who was raped sympathizes with their rapist?
and
2. Which foreign car company raped you?

> experience some of the american car culture. What do?
get an automatic nissan maxima, a 1/2 gallon big gulp and 3 double cheeseburgers, and drive on a busy highway while payiing no attention to your surroundings or how you drive

so you will be in Northern Virginia, also called NOVA.

In va we have yearly safety inspections, and sometimes emissions. The good news is that these transfer. So if the car was recently inspected, you will not have to worry about that. just buy, title, register and drive.

I would probably go with a camaro over a mustang as they tend to be cheaper. Why don't you give us a budget?

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5765707189.html

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5751351080.html

it is indeed a good idea, but make sure the friend has a working firearm when traveling into Appalachia. the inbred cannibals there arent very friendly. I would know, I live in KY. The urbanized part, mind you.

Foxbody or C4 or C5 Vette imo. They'll feel way slower than you expect, but all three are quintessential Americana.

OP, listen to the user who told you to go to WV to buy a car. At least leave northern Virginia, because northern Virginia has one of the highest costs of living in the U.S. and this is reflected in the used car market. Plus, any car that's been used to commute to D.C. for years is going to have 300k+ km of hard miles.

>talks down about fox bodies
>posts a fucking svo
jesus

if you are in northern VA in summer check out katies cars and coffee in great falls
saturday AM
typically a good range of modern and rare classics

youre partially right. all the "dirt cheap" cars here that are in working order are usually asian imports, or asian cars build here to get around all that import tax business. Just make sure you know what youre doing when buying a car, most people will try to fuck you over when selling their car. have a mechanic with you, or something. unless, that is, you are willing to put money into the car to fix it up. thatll help your profit when selling the car when you leave

OP, read the next sentence very carefully.

FOXBODY MUSTANGS ARE G A R B A G E

You may not think so, but trust me. There couldnt have been a worse variation in a more prolific model of car. If you want true Americana, the Corvette C4 is the best youre going to get with the least amount of money. Crown Vics arent too bad, but if youre going to buy one, go to a law enforcement auction and buy a retired Interceptor. Theyre build more ruggedly than the civilian Crown Vics, and can outpace one too. But if youre gonna go the retired law enforcement route, an old 9C1 Caprice will be perfect. If you cant find a 9C1, just make sure the Caprice has the 5.7L LT1 Engine. Best bang for your buck imho

Where in VA? Richmond here

>implying VA hillbillies are as uncultured as KY bumpkins

We likes pic-tures and whatnot

actually i was talking about the KY side of the mountains, but i mean, theyre all horrible

>fox bodies are bad
>crown vics are good
opinion discarded

Explain how your post makes any sense, and i will both explain my viewpoint and recognize your opinion. otherwise, shut the fuck up.

Why don't you explain any way that a crown vic is better than a fox body.

Where did i say it was better?

Are you saying "garbage" is "not bad" (or better)?

i called it garbage because i think its quite an ugly car, and it is most definitely a disgrace to the mustang name, along with the fourth generation mustang.

Now, i will clarify my previous statements by saying that the fox body is a better car than the crown vic, but not better than the interceptor models. when i see a vic/interceptor, i see a basic sedan. 4 doors, reasonably powerful engine, no real bodywork that makes it stand out.

i have a lot more to say, but i stopped to reread what ive typed and i dont really want to continue this and im getting bored of staring at my computer in confusion and light anger. so im going to summarize

I personally like sedans, i am a tall person so sedans better accommodate my body. It is my personal opinion that foxbody stangs are ugly, but nowhere near as ugly as gen4 stangs. I prefer an interceptor to a mustang, but all of this is useless because i myself am a chevy enthusiast and would never own a mustang except for the 67 convertible my grandfather bought brand new in 68.

yep. any more questions?

Where do I subscribe to your blog? faggot

lol

As somebody who lives in Virginia here are a few things you need to know when you live there.

1. The Statewide speed limit in Virginia is 80 mph, if you go above that you risk a reckless driving charge
2. Don't go faster than 7 over (most people go 5, that's also what I do) or you might be pulled over unless you're on an interstate
3. Radar detectors are illegal in Virginia

Bullshit, I regularly do 8-10 over the posted limit and never get fucked with, just go with the flow of traffic

No questions. I think you said more than enough. I'm 6'7" and my fox fits my body just fine. I suspect what sedans fit better is your spectrum.

Hey OP, if you want to know what the car scene is like in Virginia, check out vadriven, it's a forum for Virginia car enthusiasts

also true. i like to spread out wherever i am. i drive a 95 Caprice, its very comfy. plus i usually use it to drive dips and it fits 4 6'+ negros very comfortably.

keep the hood safe H

priceless hickok meme 10/10

>hickock45 shooting goblins

SOURCE PLS OR GIT OUT