Please explain the need to rev your engine any higher than 3.5k. In a petrol engine car...

Please explain the need to rev your engine any higher than 3.5k. In a petrol engine car, this should provide ample torque and thrust while maximising fuel economy. Redlining isn't fun and it isn't clever. You'll wear out your engine faster and burn through fuel very quickly. Try imposing a 3.5k limit on yourself today; your wallet and your engine will thank you!

>Please explain the need to rev your engine any higher than 3.5k
it's fun
also my shitbox produces no power before 4k

>Fuel economy
>Caring about ultimate efficiency like a soulless drone

who cares ? buy a fucking tesla and let us overrev for fun poor slavboi

My motorcycle isn't happy below 5k rpm doe.

Im not a 22 stone fatass so my car doesnt need to run a peak torque to move.

>need

Good sirs, please calm down and try to answer the question politely like .

No, you probably own a caravan.

^^
My car's power band is 5.5k-7.5k. Gotta love those flimsy squirrels spinning like crazy.

In my v10 excursion sure. In my shit box cavalier not a Fucking chance. That thing hardly moves under 4k. I redline it daily and I'm at 165k miles.

>good sirs

Talk to Chevy, they are experts on this kek

You dont. 60 is 2k in my lsx fbody. I can drive all day in the city and never go above 1750.

Torks.

> be me
> dd a Subaru Legacy 2002 :D
> no power in that there small engine
> I dun figure it out that go past 3 rpm make it go fast
> driving is now more fun because vroom vroom 4 rpm shift
> go home and touch penis afterwards

In any 4 cylinder (can't speak for 6), the fastest is after 3k rpm. After all, you drive for fun and not treat your car like an appliance, right? ...right?

I'm afraid I don't own a caravan. I currently drive a Fiat Doblo though I'm looking around for an AE86 Trueno Toyota Corolla as I've been told it's a good car for drifting.
Ah, I see, so it's more for performance then?
Thank you, I'm glad to see someone else here can use common sense when driving!

>Please explain the need to have sex without a condom ever. In everday sexual situations, this should provide ample feeling and pleasure while maximising safety. Raw sex isn't fun and it isn't clever. You'll get an STD faster and probably get a girl pregnant very quickly. Try imposing a condom only limit on yourself today; your wallet and your engine will thank you!

This is how you sound, if you don't see anything wrong with that it it only shows how much of a cuck you are.

OP is cucked nu-male faggot

Because I'll stall

Because the optimum time to shift is aroundabout 5500-5800, while still making ample fuel economy. The engine is at its most optimum when in the mid-range, but it needs to work its way through that range and up to just under top in order to use fuel most efficiently while providing maximum thrust.

If you were as professional as you claimed to be, you would understand completely that different engines respond differently, different gearboxes shift differently, and trying to impose flat limits all across the range regardless of these differences is both absurd and misinformed. It's almost as though you're fishing for reactions and (You) posts.

Cause rotors, yo

>In a petrol engine car, this should provide ample torque and thrust
It does not provide peak power or peak torque in most cases. Therefore, it's inefficient.
>While maximising fuel economy.
Fuel economy has very little to do with RPM, and a lot with throttle application.

>Redlining isn't fun and it isn't clever.
To petrolheads it is fun, and most engines are designed to withstand it.

>You'll wear out your engine faster and burn through fuel very quickly.
Fuel economy isn't always a concern. Modern engines are designed to run at 90% of their maximum RPM for extended periods of time, provided they have plenty of cooling. You won't kill your engine.

>lugging the engine
This kills the engine.

>generalises all cars' optimum shift point
>accuses on of doing the same
Why do you exist

Doubtful.

Also

>2000 rpm
> lugging
It's not a 4 cyl, remember.

Because annoyingly, I was unclear. I meant to say that MY shiftpoint was at those numbers, not everybody else's. Sorta like how if I was describing this thing, I'd say that optimum time to shift is more 3k because it's a freaking truck engine.

user, low RPM and high load is what damages bearings and engines.

Anyways, go knock yourself out. It probably won't kill it outright.

>High load
>At 60
>At 2k rpm

Whatever you say.

>He doesn't rev over 3500rpm
>laughinggirls.jpeg

I bet you don't even use premium fuel as well

>(You)

>Please explain the need to rev your engine any higher than 3.5k.
Because it can

>I bet you don't even use premium fuel as well
Using premium fuel without a specifically adjusted tune make no added power whatsoever.

Efficiency is kind of fun when you're hammering it out and seeing just how efficient you could make something, but actually getting any use out of something efficient gets old fast.

>backpedalling
Wow, a clueless trip, what a novelty for this board. Die.

That's a bit of an aggressive gearing. I'm at 1800 at 60 in my 3.1 malibu. I actually rarely go above 2200.

It is a bit for the interstate, but I track it sometimes and every little bit helps. 3.42:1 with a limited slip. It should be gearing-limited to about 180 now, although I haven't taken it anywhere near that speed in 6-7 years.

All i do is put it in neutral and rev it up till the engine is all; like BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM! THEN SELECT 'D' FOR MAXIMUM RESPECT!!!

4th gen Taurus SHO.

Normally I try to keep under 3K, especially when cold. But there are times when the additional torque above 3.5K is needed.

Other times, it's for shits and giggles.

>Redlining isn't fun
Yes it is

>and your engine
hahahhahahahaha
Calling my dick now that from now on.

>Redlining isn't fun
>he doesn't like to hear his engine scream in ecstasy when pushing the pedal to the floor

OP is a shitposter

but the Toyobaru switches its fuel injection profile above 4.5k and is a different car at high revs, so if you want to go hard you have to keep the engine above 5k

below that the ecu gors for mileage and it drives no differently than a basic civic

>needing to rev to go fast
Guess how I know you drive a 4cyl

Tfw I don't need to go beyond 3k rpm.
Most of my power comes from 2-3k rpm anyway City driving I'm at 1.1k - 1.5k because stronk torque

It's a petrol, not a diesel.

>need

Yuropeon detected

But how do you know when to shift if you don't find valve float?

or a rotary

>tfw jeep i6
>tfw it doesn't like being above 3k

Because VTEC doesn't kick in until 5500 and ym redline is at 8k

right.
Let's take a moment to pray away headgasket issues. Leggys are great though. I have a '93 with 350k. Subies last for ever

TDI fag detected

Op is a slowfag

Op doesn't know what a power band is.

Because sometimwes I get on the interstate and the ramp is pretty short and my shitbox only makes any power after 3.3k. Also its fun, and should help clean off some gunk if you do it once in a while (Italian tuneup).

I wish my car was raised up a bit so I don't have to scrunch in there, but other than that I'm loving it

>Telling people what they should and shouldn't find fun

(You)

Because when you're drag racing, you want to squeeze as much power out of every gear that you can, henceforth you want to cross the finish at the top of your powerband to make as much fast as you can. In my dd, a 430K pickup, the only time it ever goes above 2.5K is in the rain for skids.

Because my engine revs to 8,400 and it seems like a waste of potential to not hit 5k atleast.

>Try imposing a 3.5k limit on yourself today; your wallet and your engine will thank you!

Unless you have a diesel engine those carbon deposits will thank you too because they wouldn't exist if you occasionally revved your engine to red line like a decent person.

>mfw my engine starts to loose power after 4k

Dat low compression torque life.

My engine redlines at 18k and needs 4000rpm to not lug, fuck you

im turning 16 soon, any recommended starter cars? not looking for anything FWD or Automatic...

A small pickup, ranger, S10, Mazda B series (same as ranger), any toyota truck. Great on gas, rwd or 4wd, you can find any of em in manual.

ITT: 45 idiots bump 6/10 bait.

This person right here has the right idea

Personally, I would do a ranger/s10 manual. 4wd or rwd, no matter, they are fun as fuck trucks to fuck around in. I'd do 2wd for mpg and cheap fuckery, but 4wd is good for some 4 wheel action

Inb4 underage b&

> wanting to drive an ae86 at

a) peak torque is at 4k, so that's where I like to be
b) I can keep up with traffic and get up to 100km/h without exceeding 2500rpm

Because my car makes no power bellow 4k? I Daily drive it barely reving it to 4 sure, but when it's fun time, 8k here I come

Fuck you I won't do what you tell me.

t. American

>why do you NEED to rev past 3.5k?!
>why do you NEED to have 30 round magazines?!
>why do you NEED all that money?!

Fuck you commie. It's a bill of rights and I will rev my goddamn engine as high as I want to you son of a bitch!

Up you go, Sam

Good bait

Well Id rather rev my 4 cylinder shitbox to 8k on open roads.

Different strokes for different folks, but shifting at 1750 in the city sounds awfully similar to old people not giving a fuck.

Why do you pride yourself in driving like a cuck exaclty?

I couldn't go faster than 40km/h if I never exceeded 3.5k rpm.

Because my engine peaks it's perforamnce at around 5k.

Whatever you say, guy who totally isn't Al Gore.