/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

old
>1.08 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/241332569600668256

>Ashes of Ariandel DLC Stuff
pastebin.com/W1XH72P2

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TBtzHJyK9dk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is Yhorm easier than the first boss?

yum bread
>if only it had linked to the previous thread

same reason why gwyn was easy

on my first playthrough i beat gwyn with just demon's spear 2HR2 through a pillar

No more webms from me. Just this filename.

Post webms.

>no previous thread

xth for edge

youtube.com/watch?v=TBtzHJyK9dk

Is there anything perseverance can't poise you through?

What do you do when someone chugs an estus during a duel? Black Crystal out?

Gwyn wasn't that easy if you compare him to Yhorm. Yhorm was a joke and would have been way cooler if you didn't get the Storm Ruler for it, or if at the very least you had to use the regular moveset rather than cheese him to death with the WA

Artorias really let himself go, huh?

>A flail used by the bulbous Father of the Painted World to shred his own skin, producing blood to appease the flame. Both a weapon and a miracle catalyst.
>Ariandel, being the restorer of the Painted World, knew that it was painted with blood, and only blood could protect the secret.

So this pretty much confirms Ariandel is Ariamis, right?

Start chugging myself?

What the fuck are these ads on Veeky Forums?
Man fuck this I'm goin to reddit

Try beat them without healing

Why aren't you in the arena though if you want proper 1v1s

Try and beat him without healing, failing that I try and win the war of attrition in terms of heals. Shitting on some chugger without taking a sippy is one of the greatest feels.

No.

The second they disengage at low health at any point they get a knife in the face. It's usually not a problem

posting new for fashion r8

dont have the dlc

>Ariandel, being the restorer of the Painted World
Can you read? Restorer is someone who touches up a painting made by someone else.

who doesn't use adblock in current year

I love arena, it's so wacky

usually it happens in /dsg/ duels and then the guy uses prostrate

I just laugh and hit them when they're laying there

that FP bar

Does anyone have working pointers for character class?
I can finally try Pyromancer but I can't change class

first time she did that to me I was like "nothing personell, kid"

and hp bar

what level even is that

I was on my phone, they're gone now

For whatever reason adblock wont work on my phone

Do you seriously not know how to parry katana running R1s yet?

It's astounding that after all these years people are still dying to this shit and getting salty about it.

Katanas, including the WP, are fine. They're decent weapons but definitely not top tier. Git gud.

Let me rephrase that, I'm saying that the Painted world of Ariandel is he Painted world of Ariamis.

it's a testing char. haven't tried the arena with it, maybe I should.

seriously this guy have 99 INT or what

It's obviously not.

I really liked going full caster in DaS2.

How is it in DaS3? I haven't tried magic apart from support miracles.

I got a hp bar close to that i put about 70 points into vigor

Sorceror is quite hard compared to other games, but that may be because it was my first playthrough and I didn't know where the good spells were.

Apparently pyro still works ok, haven't done a playthrough of that yet.

New covenant

Invade silently without any any notification
Fog gates not blocked

Regular katanas aren't top tier, WP is, and if you think parries are a reliable counter in this game you're delusional. Decent players know how to play around parries, and with latency you can't always rely on them.

'just parry it' is such a meme. If you're decent at PvP, how often do you get parried? Not often, right? So what makes you think it's a reliable tactic against other decent players?

Yes, Painted World of Ariandel was painted over the Painted World of Ariamis. You can even find Priscilla's old boss room, the turn crank where the skelly wheels were serves the same purpose, etc.

People literally just pace around and randomly dash r1

It's not easy to predict when the person isn't being retarded. It's also hard to trade with unless you have enough poise and your weapon is long enough.

the recovery is also insane, they can hit you with the running r1 and still have enough time to roll away

DLC was short but good, bonus points for making the game less linear

Pyromancy is good enough to work in PvP if you know what you're doing and steamrolls the shit out of PvE once you loot Demon Ruins, sorcery and miracles take too long to get their good stuff, but once they do the game becomes a joke.

SL50 pre-Sulyvahn Irithyll.

Anyone have a WebM of Maria's riposte?

Pryo and Sorc good

Sorcery is annoying as fuck because ds3 has FREE ROLLS and you can spam roll 24/7 and randomly shoot out a spell every now and then. Also if they do get close you can mash spellsword.

Pyromancy counters sorcery though since if you see some faggot rolling away to cast just chuck a chaos bed at him

Pyromancy is more reliable and less gay

>parries aren't reliable

Neither is spamming running R1s with a WP. Decent players know how to play around that too.

If you spam any attack you are suceptible to getting parried. That's exactly why the parry mechanic exists. To punish spammers and predictable play.

WP is not top tier. It's just a slightly slower uchi with a longer range. If you can beat other katanas you should have no problem beating the washing pole especially since the running R1 people bitch about is the same on every single katana.

I really wish it was longer though, and that the side-area was a bit less retarded. The placement of some of those archers really doesn't make sense, and the NPC in the boss fight looks silly. Also ice crabs.

It's pretty shit all already, fampai.
Sorceries take a ridiculous amount of investment just to work (60 int and like 35 attunement, plus decent stamina), need to use 3/4ths of their ring slots, their headpiece, and their offhand on specific gear just to do respectable damage, and all the good spells are super late in the game (second to last area).
Pyro is a decent build, but you sure as hell can't make a whole build out of it. You need to go quality or something with it.
You'd probably be more successful with a broken straight sword than a faith build in PvP and only slightly better off in PvE.

>they can hit you with the running r1 and still have enough time to roll away

Really? Are you using a Dragon's Tooth or what?

I mean I'll try it out again but the last time I PvPed with a WP on my quality build I wasn't overly impressed. It's just a katana that's a bit longer. It's still a katana though which means that every decent player knows the moveset by heart.

What if the next DLC adds a item that lets you turn a place into a fight club and people that die will spawn back in that room

We need new content, not new ways to PvP

>Repeated unjust multiplayer disconnects have severed the connection to other worlds.

>Only a Way of White Circlet can restore the connection

What's your verdict on the Crow Quills /dsg/?

Yeah but you don't have to just spam running R1s, you can just run at people to bait a parry attempt and kick>R1 or get a backstab. The WP running attack is significantly better than the other katanas because of the range, and parrying the very tip of it is pretty hard if they're not just doing it repeatedly.

I dunno, I agree with you aside from not thinking it's top tier. You don't need to spam it for it be effective, and just running around and playing reactive with it is super annoying and way less predictable. Though, I wonder now if it would be easy to just Greatsword R1 into it with HA. That might only work on retards.

2 questions

What does Blackflame feel like?
What do Elfriede's feet taste like?

The only reason people keep playing this game is for PvP. Unless they're doing some kind of challenge run on something...

how sweet must be to be this new and not know MiyazHacki's true form

yeah but it's just an item and the boss uses the item so when you die you fog in his fog gate while he watches you fight his minions which are also bosses when you defeat them all he steps down from his chair and fights you

Worst weapon of the DLC by far. I'm pretty sure a barehanded punch does more damage than the quills.

30 attunement, since ashen estus flasks only restore 200 FP and you already have more at that point. 35 attunement would need the ashen estus ring to refill, otherwise you'll just always have an empty chunk at the end that'll never be refilled with a flask.

Pyromancy does NOT require quality to work, since the Chaos and Dark infusions scale so well with Int/Fth. Just slap it on a Longsword and you're good to go. In fact, Dark infusion does damage on par with Refined since very few players bother to raise Faith beyond 15 (or 10 with Priestess Ring), meaning their base dark defense is minimal for their level and they take something near +30 more dark damage compared to characters with 40 or more Faith.

I think it's neat

inb4 shit dmg
inb4 what is sweetspot

Ice cream
Ice cream

Here's one.

>new covenant
>when embered, you auto-summon unembered covenant members
>can't summon non-covenant members, auto-summons are hostile to everything and will fill up all five slots
>when unembered, get summoned to embered covenant members
>killing the host or enough other invaders returns you to your world as embered to continue the cycle

>I wonder now if it would be easy to just Greatsword R1 into it with HA. That might only work on retards.

If you're using anything stronger than a straightsword you can just trade with it. A WP has what, like 420 AR (blaze it) at 40/40?

That's the issue I have with it: the damage is shit.

I love retards that play like this

>Maybe I'll parry him this time!

It's a free backstab 90% of the time, and I always clap while they're on the ground

Man I love Partizan, such a lovely weapon.

Why does my door become fog and I can't leave my summon sign or invade and nothing is happening

jesus, how many shitters can you fight in 1 movie

don't listen to this idiot, he either can't win without his quality crutch or hasn't played since launch.

pyro is great, especially now with the onyx blade, and faith is pretty strong in PvP too, you just have to know how to use it properly. don't start heavily investing in it until late game, though.

>What does Blackflame feel like?
Item description says it hits with weighty impact, and DaS1 descriptions listed black flames and abyss sorceries as being partially physical. They don't make heat or cast light, so they probably aren't hot, but being smacked by a black fire orb might cause bruising. Dark damage has no real-world comparison like fire or lightning, so it's impossible to say what touching one would feel like, but the Abyss is constantly referred to as corrosive and corruptive so touching it might not be a pleasant experience.

>What do Elfriede's feet taste like?
Probably like snow.

I'm not sure what they'd taste like but they're probably cold

>faith is pretty strong in PvP
Spot the shitter

my bad lad was in a rush

I'm not sure, maybe WA with elemental damage like the Demon greataxe?

>What do Elfriede's feet taste like?

dirt and rot, she's walking around barefoot in a rotting painting, what did you expect?

>and Mourne's hammer is pretty strong in PvP too

FTFY

U wot m8? It has the same AR at Sharp 40 Dex as a 40/40 Refined Estoc and Irithyll Rapier.

it is. You being bad at PvP doesn't make it less true

>caring about Friede and not painting loli

>It has the same AR at Sharp 40 Dex as a 40/40 Refined Estoc and Irithyll Rapier.

That's not saying much though is it?

Piercing swords are shit now because not only was their speed nerfed but they do pathetic damage.

And has a completely useless WA while the other two don't

oh god my sides

he got me to 1 hp and started tossing throwing knives so i went behind the pillar
he chased me around for a good 40 seconds before this happened

I'd think this is fine, as long as they draw this covenant invaders into worlds with phantoms more frequent, and lower the frequency of multiple phantoms for other invaders
Them stealthy boons gotta come at a price

These are the real boss of the dlc

Am I the only one here who wants to sniff Friede's feet?

Estoc still does insane damage actually

It's not bad actually, you can use it to jump out of the way and hit somebody or just chip people who try to strafe at a distance. The backstep L1 is pretty great with a Leo Ring, it has hyperarmor and does thrust damage.

>decide to take it on, it's only 1 crab, surely i can take on just 1 with patience
>suddenly OH YEEEAH

fuck you Miyahacki that wasn't funny.
Im mad.

oh god, i hope people will continue to believe this

How much difference does the wolf ring make now?

Probably not. I'm not a feet guy myself, I'd rather sniff her butthole

DUDE

BIG HAMMER GUY STAGGERS YOU AND YOUUR CHARACTER DOES A RETARD ANIMATION AND THE SPEARFUCK STABS YOU

YOU LE DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEED LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

HAYD GAME GUISE

HAYD GAYME

DUDE MAKE THEM BLUE AND GIVE THEM THRICE GORILLION TIMES THE HP
LOL

>BIG HAMMER GUY STAGGERS
or you could just dodge his slow ass attacks?

wow you're really upset maybe take a break and come back later when you've let off some steam user