Be honest Veeky Forums, were you ever responsible for an accident? If so, what did you do wrong?

Be honest Veeky Forums, were you ever responsible for an accident? If so, what did you do wrong?

Assumed the woman would turn during the twenty second gap she had to turn in.

She did not.

A kid at school wasnt going so I idled forwards until I was touching his bumper then pushed him

I once bumped a guy going

took a turn at race car speed
guy road raging behind me couldn't deal and hit the curb

kek

>approaching busy intersection
>arguing with mother
>she tells me to make my left but the construction has locked down the lane I'd turn into
>driving pathfinder so don't want cause more traffic and try to squeeze through
>arguing while looking to my left while still going accelerating
>box truck in opposite direction makes his left
>turn my head just in time to see lights

also today I saw someone I know from school while I was riding around on motorcycle and I crashed into his bumper as a joke but I bent the shit out of his license plate. I believe he will be angry tomorrow

>I was on a motorcycle
Oh cool, what bike? I like bikes.

>I crashed into his bumper as a joke but I bent the shit out of his license plate
haha.

I've onced popped neutral in my truck and rolled back to scare the shit out of kids, but never caused/participated in an accident

I had one "accident"

>Just started driving, only had intermediate license, didn't know it at the time but my brakes were bad

>going downhill into intersection, left turn lane gets green arrow, everyone goes
>lady starts going, so I coast coming in behind her, she slams on brakes about 3 ft out into intersection
>I slam on my brakes but they're not good, tap her bumper, slightly scuffed it
>She gets super hysterical and demands we call police to file a report
>Ask her if I can just pay a body shop to fix it for her and she says she's hurt her neck
>My little brother who I'd just picked up from school (he was 12 at the time) looks at me and says "I didn't even move forward".
>Police guy finally comes, interviews her, then comes over to me
>My little brother chips in that we were going super slow and how he didn't even move in his seat
>Police guy now takes a look at the "accident".
>The lady has a minor scuff on her bumper. Plastic isn't even bent.
>He asks me what happened, I tell her lady stopped 3 feet into intersection on a green arrow, and my brakes didn't allow me to stop in time.
>He talks to me a bit about follow distance, as I was 17 at the time (happened in like 2011, memory a bit fuzzy on details), then looks at my bumper and sighs
>asks me why I thought it was necessary to call police for this... he called it a "brushing".
>told him that the lady said to me that she'd hurt her neck
>Officer gives me a funny look and said that she'd told him that she had a headache from being rear ended
>Officer knows she's full of shit
>I also implied that she was on her phone
>Officer goes back to her, they chat, she gets angry, officer leaves, she leaves, I leave
>Parents had originally flipped out, when my mom got there her first words were "OH MY GOD, YOU CALLED THE POLICE FOR THIS?!?"
>Lady never ended up filing a police report, I guess because she knew she wouldn't get any insurance $$$
>still 'accident free' record
>nothing in the 40k miles since then.

I rear ended some lady sitting at a red light, just wasn't paying attention and looking off to the left.
Looked ahead and she was like 20 feet from me, slammed on the brakes and hit her doing probably 5-10mph
I didn't have insurance or registration or a license, I got out and looked at it and told her it would buff out, she said ok and got in the car and left.
Was a good day.

I was coming down a narrow lane at night which had passing points on the opposite side of the road. I saw the guys headlights from around the corner so I slowed down and tucked in on my side as much as I could, he on the other hand ignored the passing points and plowed straight through smashing my wing mirror and scraping down the entire drivers side of my car. He never stopped either and I suspect he was probably a drunk driver.

Yes, I was blindsided by a motorcycle.

I was given a failure to yield ticket three hours later.

I ''accidentally'' came into your mom 9 months before 9/11

i rolled at like sub-walking speed into someones bumper at a yield once. didn't leave a mark so we didn't bother exchanging info

>go around corner at meme speed
>road is cracked and shitty
>outer tyre goes over a pothole
>almost hit a fucking pole

No but almost.

>at stoplight with 1 car in front of me
>it's rush hour traffic
>left turn lane turns green, me and guy in front are in lane going straight
>honk wondering why he isn't going
>realize it's for the other lane, think I look like a dumbass
>guy in front of me nails it and runs it before realizing it's red, forcefully merges into the left turn cutting people off
>nearly hit someone going right

I felt so bad but I couldn't stop laughing.

Some retard with headphones on looked on his smartphone instead of the road while crossing it. Had 2 seconds to stop my bike. Lost grip on the front tire while braking and weeeee there you go sliding on the asphalt. That kid didn't even notice.

Rear ended someone.

Was tired from a 14hr shift, was zoning out. Land barge V6 mercury sable with failing rear drums couldn't stop in time. I hit him going maybe 15mph.

>driving back from a party at 3am
>roads completely empty
>going a little over speed limit
>see a tipped over road sign on my lane
>swerve to right lane to go around it
>dont look in the mirror cause 3am and tired
>make contact with a beat to shit dodge caravan that was overtaking me in the right lane without lights on

That was so stupid. It happened a year ago and I still can't get over how retarded and random it was.

>coming home
>late at night, local roads
>long straight with 90 degree left hand bend followed by 180 degree right hander
>Causes tons of accidents with people who don't know the area, new car in the ditch every week
>start accelerating for straight in my shitbox
>notice motorbike headlight coming up fast behind me
>he wants to race or something
>approaching end of straight
>motorbike headlight still there, getting closer
>I'm still accelerating
>Reach warning signs for corner
>still accelerating
>Bike still there
>Heel toe into corner at the last second, take the corners at ridiculous speed
>On the gas again
>Check mirror
>Bike gone

Rip bike bro

I did something similar.

I was coming home at 11:45P.M. on a Thursday night, didn't see a stop sign. When I saw the end of the road coming up, I locked up my brakes. Hit the ditch and caught air until I cleared a railroad and another ditch and came to a rest in the trees. I was physically able to leave but had to be drug away from the scene. I wasn't the same for months.

>Be me
>Wheelies to forget the feelies
>only doing like 140mph
>what are lanes
>dodging the faggot trucks and passing by slow af Ecoboost Mustang
>Soccer mom change lanes like a soccer mom then panic at my awesomeness
>Soccer mom dies, I was wheeling so no feelies.
>Head to Burger King and got the best double steakhouse of my life

First accident ever, I was sliding on ice in a parking lot and hit a lamp post. Kinda my fault, but it was like 2 months after getting my license and my first time on ice.

Second accident totaled that car. I was just being a retarded juvenile and driving too fast on a back road. Pushed it to far and spun out, hit a tree. This one was unequivocally my fault.

My next car was a 20-year-old, 5000 lb. Cadillac. Some asshole in front of me slammed his brakes on the highway to avoid an accident. I was quite far back, but I just couldn't stop in time, brakes weren't the best. No damage, though.

Same car, slid into some guy going down a slushy hill. Minor damage. Kind of my fault in that I just shouldn't have tried to go down the hill.

Last accident was also technically my fault, but this fucking bitch... We were merging onto a highway, and she came to a complete stop at the bottom of the ramp. Then she went. I assumed she would keep going, because there was PLENTY of fucking room, but no. She stopped again, halfway onto the highway. While I was accelerating, I ran right into her because I was glancing over my shoulder to merge. I was "technically" at fault for expecting her to be a more competent driver.

>driving down I-5 interstate
>driving to at after a week of 14hr/d towing
>6 hours of sleep but still tired
>feeling drowsy, but don't want NJP
>drift into sleep at some point
>wake up to a loud crunch hitting the back tires of a semi's tractor at ~75mph
>car is spinning into the center concrete divider
>smash a pedal
>hit semi a second time in his fuel tank
>hit the center divider again and came to a stop conveniently on the shoulder

Only accident, and somehow only had a minor shoulder sprain.

t.busrider

Drivers who stop on an on ramp deserve to be plowed by the heaviest semi in their area.

I would say if you're going to crash, to at least make sure to hit the person at fault but on a bike there has to be some self preservation force.

>crashed into his bumper as a joke
It's just a prank bro

I did the exact same thing but there was someone between me and the idiot who slammed his brakes for no reason, guy I hit didn't even blame me but rather the moron in front

To be fair, intentionally crashing into people and damaging their property is shit motorcyclists tend to be proud of

>Driving on a two lane road
>Left lane becomes carparks during the day
>Oncoming cars on my side due to road works
>Think I can squeeze between the parked car and the oncoming traffic
>End up smacking my left side mirror on the parked cars side mirror.
>Go to junk yardeplace the mirror the next day
First and only time I have ever caused any damage in my car. I was too embarrassed to stop, but the parked car was just a commodore. Wouldn't have costed more than $20 to replace.

Yeah I came in your mom and made you OP lol

>almost read end someone
>come to a stop just inches a part

wew

>this happens in NYC all the time
>the closer you are to the others bumper the longer your dick
>bonus points for expensive car in front
Did this to an m4, heart was racing wew lad

Tore away a mirror in a car while reversing. I was a retard, and looked into the right mirror, so I don't hit any car parked (it was really narrow, a blind alley with cars parked on both sides). Obviously, I only knew something was wrong when I heard the cracking noise.

Turns out it was KIA Cee'd.

Turns out it was an unmarked police car.

Turns out it had a suspect in it.

Turns out retarded mechanics at Citroen actually had a good idea once and made a mirror that also folds FORWARDS, so a stupid kid does not tear it away.

Turns it's harder to manouver a C5 than a Toyota Yaris.

A week after I got my license I begged my mom to go get my paycheck on my own I her jeep. I got too full of myself and was busy looking at girls at a corner store and rear ended someone. Luckily 90s Cherokees have bumpers that snap on and off like nothing and I hit a pickup. The guy was really supportive and I didn't do any actual damage so he took it as a chance to teach me to pay attention. I wasn't even a full block from my house so my mom walked up there PISSED. The guy told her it was ok popped the bumper back in and told her to just have me cut his grass for a month and he would take me driving afterwards to teach me some things. It was embarrassing but a good life experience overall. That was like 10 years ago now, and he's a great friend of the family now. He's a master mechanic for Averitt trucking and taught me how to do my own car work for the most part.

Man. I was fucking 16 years old then. Time flies. It's crazy that I got a solid relationship out of that

That's awesome, thanks for sharing user

Yeah dude I called my mom on his phone and the first thing she said when she heard my voice was "what did you do". I didn't even last 10 minutes in the car before fucking up lol.

He either nailed you or your mom.

I'm fucking 16 year olds now.
It's crazy
>I'm 36

Their business, Not mine. I'm positive they didn't for what it's worth. But either way they're adults not my place to judge.

kek, did that at a light a few months ago, looked at txt, took foot off clutch
>oh wow im still in gear

>Going up icy road at 10mph
>Try to turn left
>Car doesn't turn
>Slam on brakes, ABS decides that stopping is a bad idea
>Hit telephone pole
>Bounce into ditch

And donorcyclists wonder why no one likes them.

No never. Almost a miracle though, I like to hoon hard.

>bus driver in front of me seems to have brain problems
>he brakes and drives on the bike lane, doesn't stop though, just cruises there with 10 mph, still blocking the lane halfway
>it's early in the morning and I'm already late
>it's in a pretty tight corner, can't see oncoming traffic at all
>"fuck it, the street is wide enough"
>overtake the bus
>meanwhile bus driver goes full retard and speeds up again
>there's another bus in the oncoming traffic
>absolutely floor it and just squeeze through both busses redlining in 2nd, inches away from crashing on both sides
funny, would do it again

i do this all the time when friends are in the car in front of me
i also super super close like you can't fit your finger between cars

i also park*

Is that how you wrecked your Ford reese?

This thread's for causing crashes, not masturbating over your totally not made up super cool close calls, faglords.

I was texting a picture of a clean ass Miata to my buddy and didn't check my mirrors before backing out.
The lady who backed into me was texting her husband and didn't check her mirrors.
We both got shared fault from it.

getting away with being stupid is much better

Geeze fuck, where to start.

>17, roll car in reverse into house
>17, roll truck forward into house
>18, roll crown vic into other crown vic
>19, forget Crown Vic is in reverse, sitting in driveway on phone. Open door and attempt to walk away. Door catches me and drags me 50-100 feet, almost pulls me under the wheel and kills me. Mom watching and screaming in horror the whole time. Was actually pretty terrifying.
>20, hyrdroplane and slam the fuck out of and total a miata with a steel death machine crown victoria
>21, mustang, try to pass several trucks on a country road. They try to pass another car, cluster fuck, tag the rear of both
>21, drop the clutch in vette at drive through by accident, tag a stratus
>21, roll into somebody at drive through in crown vic

I willingly admit being a careless driver before. 25 now, haven't had an incident since 21. I wouldn't say I was a shitty driver, just really bad at occasionally being careless. I learned to pay attention all the time after getting tired of bumping into shit.

Did you see a particularly nice looking dog to your left?

>be me
>18 years old, early graduation present (in 2013) is an 04 auto v6 honda accord coupe
>previous car was a beat to shit durango
>accord is fast as shit compared to it
>leaving school, about to pass a section notorious for accidents, road I dont normally take.
>2 lanes, person stops to make left turn to go to residentials
>big ass bmw suv in front of me, so I dont see them stop
>16 year old girl in said big ass, brand new off the lot bmw suv waits to the last fucking second to brake.
>I guarantee she was on her fucking phone
>my pitiful brakes and tires on my 04 accord cant handle stopping this hard
>rear end her going maybe 15, probably closer to 10.
>pull off to side road, asses damage.
>she has a tiny scratch, and her spare fell out from under her suv.
>my shit is FUCKED. hood bent, bumper fucked, radiator and radiator support fucked, coolant everywhere

Bmw chich went got paid through our insurance, our insurance (USAA) wanted to total my shit, so my dad declined it and got it fixed on the cheap. Just recently sold that car to carmax for $2000, the trans was about to grenade too, along with a slew of other issues that I found over the time I had that car (which is really the car that got me into cars)

>pic related, a joke while I was doing the front brakes a while ago

>all these people who caused accidents because they were on their phone
I thought you were better than this, Veeky Forums. Fuck you. Why even drive? It's just an annoying distracting from texting.

forgot pic

>Late for school
>Run out of the house and start the car
>Backup out of the driveway into a neighbor driving by and dented the hell out of the side of her Honda
She was all shaken up and kept saying how it she just got it two weeks ago. Still feel bad about it.

One time I was rubbernecking at an accident on the other side of the road and rearended a lady who stopped to ask if they needed help. I still think she should have gotten shared blame for coming to a dead stop without pulling over, but what do I know.

Subaru Forester, actually.

Not an accident, but:
>moving out of my apartment during last year of college
>post on the free and for sale page that I was getting rid of some CRT TVs and giving them away for free
>one girl responds
>she looks like a qt
>she arrives in her brand new midnight blue 2015 Honda Accord
>she's absolutely stunning in person, long slim legs, dirty blonde hair, come-hither blue eyes, total girl next door who could also be a camwhore
>carrying TV down to her car
>she asks if I need help but I say because I want to look strong
>jk I'm a weak faggot and accidentally drop the TV, making a huge deep scratch on the inside of her door
>she says it's okay as I have to brace against the ground to push the TV into her backseat
>say bye to the love of my life as she probably fumes over some stupid faggot scratching her new car

Did you realise that studded winter tires would be ideal at that condition?

26, silly! 16+10=26

It's good you never saw her again, you fucked up badly.

Been in 3, all my fault.
First, failure to yield as I was turning left the woman was speeding going straight (had the right of way but was going 50 in a 35) and totalled my car, I got all of the blame and my car was totalled by her soccer mom Chevy Tahoe.
Second time, was turning left on to a double lane highway and there was a guy the right lane with his blinker on turning into where I was coming out of so I went, I instead of turning he fucking nailed me (here in DC it's legal to switch lanes at an intersection and he lied saying he was switching lanes) good thing I somewhat caught it and avoided dying. My car was totalled, he was an old nasty boomer and despite only damaging his fucking water pump, radiator and front bumper, he got the guy to total his truck (got fucking 30grand) and he drove his new Corvette to the fucking court case. I'm going to key his car before I move.
Third, backing out of a lot really slowly and a bitch swiped my bumper and dragged my car a whole parking spot over, she was on her phone and was going 20 in a parking lot but doesn't matter cause I was in reverse so it was all my fault, and she left after I took pictures of her insurance and shit before the cops came and immediately filed a claim which I was unable to dispute.

I fucking hate people, the only accident I see as 100% my fault is my first one.

Holy shit dude, that's pathetic lmao

I've been in two single vehicle accidents, that were my fault, while I was under the influence.

I totaled one car, going too hot around a sharp corner, at 2 am, and went off the road, and fucked my shit up. Luckily got a friend to town it out.

The other time, took someone's mail box, when I reached down to grab a cigarette I dropped while me and my buddy were booze cruising.

I learned my lesson, and no longer drive fast, reckless, or while under the influence.

Why did you think it would be a good idea in the first place?

Didn't cause it
>At college, riding bike towards small crosswalk
>Chick was pulling toward stop sign slowly
>Thinking she was going to stop, I was just going to continue with my RoW
>She's turned around, talking to her friend in thw backseat and accelerates through the stop
>Tfw I needed a new collarbone
I'm never going to get rid of this scar, and she got her friends to say I broadsided their car instead of them T-boning me

Some bitches just really suck

>pathfinder
My nigga

Hope she fucking dues honestly. What a fucking cunt.

Why is it usually women who are the most evil in these situations?

Dies*

It's been a while since then but here it goes:
>be me
>16yo
>used to drive on small country roads in my old mondeo
>one day the mondeo breaks down
>it's the fuel pump
>some time later
>mother wants to go somewhere
>I say that I can take her there
>in her new mk1 Focus facelift
>drop her off, about to head home
>decide to have a little drive on my regular route before going home.
>on my way back
>sharp right turn.
>slow down before the turn
>nicely through the corner
>out of the corner, accelerating....
>suddenly front-right tire loses traction, front-left spins like crazy.
>instinctively trying to get the car straight
>rear slides out
>brakes don't work AT ALL
>car slides off track and get's hit by a shallow rock in the grass.
>car flips
one of the biggest shocks in my life.
my father is telling me to this very day that it was my mother's fault for letting me take the car, but deep inside I know that it was my fault.
>Never driven a focus since then

>and her spare fell out from under her suv.
wut. how.

Drove on no sleep. skidded my '95 Explorer into a tree. I drive an '07 Explorer now. I really miss the '95, though.

nothing too dramatic
>need to cross two lanes of traffic
>gap appears in lane, driver waves me forward
>stupidly think that means the other lane's empty
>shoot across lanes and get T-boned by a clapped out old Audi at about 35mph
>got raged at due to child being in the Audi
I think they were uninsured. Exchanged details and tried to text them but never got a response so that was that.

I was 18 and borrowing my mother's car. She claims that all weather tires are just as good, if not better, than snow tires. She also claims that you need to shift up to accelerate faster, manuals are slower, you can be genetically fat, creatine is bad for you, and all this other contrarian shit.

I know this doesnt explain it, but it was one of these. I really dont want to believe it was just held in by some little piece of bitch ass plastic, but I really dont know how else it would have come off. shit was just laying in the road and a friend of mine actually drove by and grabbed it, we didnt even see that it was just still sitting in the road

>car slides off track and get's hit by a shallow rock in the grass.

>officer, that fuckin rock came out of nowhere!

>bumped into a car because i didnt notice the car rolling forward

that's definitely still your fault, but man, nothing pisses me off more than people who stop to wave you through in those situations. do they not understand that they're blocking your view of the other lane, thereby doing you no favors whatsoever?

drz400sm

that's different. I don't and never will act like that. Punching mirrors off because the guy infront of you isn't going 20 over or switches lanes while you are going dangerously fast and refering to people that drive cars as "cagers" is different then hitting someone you are friends with as a joke

Looked down at my phone and totalled my first car. It was a piece of shit 02 Ford Focus and I'm very happy my parents got me that hunk of junk for a first car because I really regret being such a stupid dumb fuck and wrecking it. If I didnt I wouldve saved so much money and might be driving something fast right now.

>you can be genetically fat
God, I fucking hate women.

>Two red lights within 20m of each other
>Second light changes around 10s after the first one
>Coming home from work, tired as fuck
>Sitting behind focus sw
>First light turns green
>Focus decides not to move since the 2nd one is still red
>Reflex move forward from green not even thinking
>Bump into Focus
>Pull over to asses damage
>His bumper has NOTHING, not even a scratch, my license plate cracked in two
>Tell him I don't think it's worth getting the insurance company involved
>He starts telling me his bumper supports could be broken, his kid in the back is feeling a bit sore on the neck (his bumper was solid and it was a less than 5km/h hit fuck you asshole)
>Swallow my urge to immediately tell him to fuck off and tell him instead I'm a physiotherapist and that I'm sure his kid is fine that the hit wasn't that bad.
>Fill out insurance information just to appease him
>Go get another plate made for 5 eurobucks
>Never heard from it again

Not really an accident but w/e:
>Driving through narrow street with right of way
>Dude coming the other direction doesn't yield
>Fuck you and your mirror
>Go through anyway not even slowing down
>Mirror jousting
>Superior plastic shit tier no eletronics mirror obliterates enemy mirror
>Look into my intact mirror and see him brake hard with his own mirror hanging off
>Drive away with my middle finger out the window

Not my proudest moment

I was like 18 and my cunt gf was bitching that I missed the turn and I accidentally cut across a lane. Put the nose of my suburban into an econobox that was doing probably 50 in the other lane. Passenger went to the hospital for window glass but I think was fine after. I still feel shit about it ten years later.

>tfw dumb harpy makes you trucc someone

> high on xanax
> waiting to turn right at a busy intersection
> two kids waiting to cross the street parallel to me
> see lull in cross traffic
> go
> in the next instant the cross for these kids lights
>"Oh shit" turn wide to avoid them
> turn so wide I hit someone stopped in left turn lane at intersection on road I'm turning to
>my car lightly scratched (hardened steel bumper)
> crush the Altimas bumper
> lady claims injury in 10mph crash that didn't cause her car to move an inch
Feels bad man. I know it's my fault though and I sure learned a lesson

>that's definitely still your fault, but man, nothing pisses me off more than people who stop to wave you through in those situations.

To be fair, the driver waving him into the gap probably wasn't expecting him to try and merge across two lanes and was just trying to help instead of having the poster wait more than needed. If the driver was able to wave him into the lane and the Audi hit him at 35mph, the guy waving was probably already stopped, slowing down slightly for the poster, or already traveling at a slow rate of speed (due to traffic or some other factor), which is what it sounds like.

>do they not understand that they're blocking your view of the other lane, thereby doing you no favors whatsoever?

Where I'm from (and I suspect a lot of places are like this), it's technically illegal to merge across multiple lanes without properly putting yourself in the first, signaling again, then merging over a second time. Sometimes this isn't always feasible, but had the poster did this, the accident would have been entirely avoided.

However, with all that said, I don't know if the poster was trying to cross two lanes into a turn lane, needed to cross lanes to get on opposite bound lanes, or just needed to cross to go straight; so this is all conjecture at this point.

Fortunately not had an accident yet, I put that down to plenty of practice and experience before I ever went for my test (had licence since last September) but damn this was close:

Context:

> had finished repairing (after 3rd evening after work) oil leaks from the sump previous week
> had put car into garage to solve idle issue (sudden loss of ability to hold idle by itself)
> garage claimed to fix issue but hadn't so continued to use car to get to work in the meantime
> one morning, get in car and coming out of estate
> don't stop at edge of estate turning right to come out onto the next road
> narrowly miss getting t-boned by small hatch driven by a middle aged woman coming from my left

Yeah, it was totally my fault but damn, how I missed her considering I checked right quickly and was staring left as I pulled out (as the road bends out of sight to the left of the turning), I really don't know. Felt real bad about cutting her up though but I would never have normally done it. Only did it that time because in my rush to get to work, trying to juggle all three pedals (since car couldn't idle) at junctions was undesirable...

>had to be drug away

Had that car for 8 years. Thats a long ass time to just lose it all at once.

lol'd tbqh

>early in the morning
>me and lil bro driving home after dropping my dad off from work
>sun is shining directly in my eyes so i have to pull down the shade
>be 6"3' so i can barely see out of the car anyways
>not really paying attention
>follow guy through red light unknowingly
>get T-boned by lady turning left

funny thing is my dad had just told me to take pictures of the car because he wanted to sell it and i did that like twenty minutes later.

>drug

Fell asleep at the wheel.

>apex cornering
>in a car you've never driven before

You deserve it senpai.

>what is INERTIA DURIFTU