How much of a dick move is it to not show up to an interview?

How much of a dick move is it to not show up to an interview?

They'll probably start calling me right?

Basically I applied somewhere and got scheduled an interview but it's overall sketchy as hell and mom & pop-tier even though I thought it wouldn't be.

Can I just not go?

Ofcourse you can just not go. If you never see yourself working for their company, just don't show up.

I went to an interview for a call center and aced it, told me to come in the next day for work. I didn't show up.

I feel like a dick for leading them on but I don't think it'll work out. Pay is a lot less than what I expected and all

you should probably just phone them and tell them you're not coming. Even an email would be okay.

Just call them and cancel. Why burn bridges when you don't have to?

Be honest with them. Even if you get nothing out of it, tell them that you need more money, and that you regret not being able to work with them. That's it.

happens a lot

It's not only the money.

Just everything as a whole. I don't want to waste both our times

Awkward as fuck.
>Hi I'm user I'm not coming for the interview on [date]
>Why?

Idk man

You can also just simply call them and say.

Hi there, I had an interview scheduled for whatever. Unfortunately I ended up taking a different job offer. Take care.

Be in charge of your life, and don't let others be.

>Awkward as fuck.
Grow some balls

Don't be a fag. Even if it's something other than money, just be polite. You'll feel much better after the call.

Ok I wont show up and won't call either

I doubt they'd offer me the same level of respect if I were to get fired.

don't be a fucking retard

look, we all know things like this are never easy, but (I assume) you're an adult

If you've called banks, hospitals, applied for jobs before, HAD a fucking job, this should not be that hard

>hello, this is user anon. I was scheduled for an interview at Day at Time o'clock. I'm not going to be able to make it, and I apologize for not having informed the office sooner. Thanks.

wow, really hard

>Asks for advice
>Too much of a faggot to take any advice

>that you regret not being able to work with them
this, even if you dont regret it.

word spreads a lot faster than you think, and an old employer tried to get me blacklisted in town, when he was in the wrong.

i mean i was employed but still, you dont want to be known as "that guy who never shows up".

which is easier to happen the smaller the town, SPECIALLY if they're mom&pop, they talk to everyone.

just call and say you are no longer interested.
i interview alot of people for our dev team and i don't care if someone cancels the last minute even.

this LOL

come to /adv/ some time, this is literally every single thread there, well that and people who make a thread with an idea in mind of what they want to do and are just seeking validation for it, but then everyone tells them to do the opposite and they get extremely defensive.

Call them and tell them that you regret to inform them that you are no longer available for the position and you wish them the best of luck in all their future endeavours

>come to /lgbt/+/r9k/: the board some time
ISHYGDDT

That sounds like a nightmare, I think I'll pass

i went to a JPMorgan interview in London after i had already received another offer, bcos i was curious to see just how stressful it was, but yeah I could've not gone

>that and people who make a thread with an idea in mind of what they want to do and are just seeking validation for it, but then everyone tells them to do the opposite and they get extremely defensive.
"My advice is objectively correct and superior. I spent 30 seconds on a two-sentence post but clearly I have a greater depth of knowledge of the situation than the OP who is obviously agonising over his options. Anyone who chooses not take my advice is just a petty fuckwit who can't hack it. Clearly they, not I, are the problem."

Fuck off you arrogant cunt. Not saying it doesn't happen, but implying that people could ONLY disagree with you because they have brain problems and not just because you're a shitcunt should be a gassable offence.

Stop trying so hard

dead honest answer: If it is a professional interview for the field you want to work in, you simply must call and cancel the interview.

professional networks are small, and everyone knows everyone. you will be a pariah if you dont call and cancel.

>Hi I'm user I'm not coming for the interview on [date]
>Why?
>I've got a better offer, thank you. Good bye.

If employers don't get anything out of saying, "sorry not interested", neither do we, dickface.

In reference to this; how come it's so "easy" for employers to make a bad reputation for singular people in a small area, yet next to impossible to have a business stuck by its horrible practices?

You'd think people would be more worried about joining one shit company after another, but no. We try to put the pressure on the people so we can't see where the real problem lies.

seriously. goddamn OP must be an autist retard. not that fucking hard

>I'm not going to be able to make it

why the fuck would you say this? that is begging to just be asked to reschedule thus making his socially retarded ass have an even more awkward time.

If it close by why not just go and get some interview practice?

I've done this. I told them I didn't think I was a good fit. They asked why, I told them I wasn't interested in selling their product.

this is /adv/-tier denial, right here