>brother

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator -closest you will ever get to owning a grom.
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

First for cruisers are for attention whoring fags.

Reposting from last thread for keks.

Also KKK should get a buell 1190SX for them naked bike stylings.

>mfw italycucks actually justify their shit bikes that don't work as well as Japanese bikes
>MV user's bike is still broken
>Ducuckty owners pay $800 for a valve adjustment
>Aprilia user is so autistic that all he can think about is typing "SHIVVY" in every /dbt/ thread
>Italy fags on suicide watch because "muh passion" doesn't work anymore in WSBK
>Japs still better than everyone
>Suzuki starting to copy italian looks so they have nothing left
B T F O
T
F
O

Is this the snowcat meme? Fucking hate that Canadian prick. Pro level troll.

the thing is though, I don't want a buell. I want a harley. and a used buell is a hell of a lot of bike for the money while stilling being a harley.

>>Suzuki starting to copy italian looks so they have nothing left
Sucucky does this becuase their bikes stoped being desirable and there going down on sales. You can literaly go to a dealer and get a new suzuki bike out the door for no money down.

God you are such a badge whore. How do you look at yourself in the mirror?

>new suzuki with no money down
Thats cause they pander to nig nogs

happily and in the eye.
>he doesn't like REAL motorcycles
come on brother, one day youll grow out of your italian and japanese bicycles and get yourself a REAL motorcycle.

B-b-but suzuki is b-bad

Undesireable!

MY ITALIAN BIKE IS THE BEST

Listen to you, you fucking cuck.

Harley a trash m8. Bad idea. That company is going downhill real fast.

Also they havent invested in the begginer bike market like Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki. Which is starting to be a really big segment in bike sales world wide.

Rode a couple dirt bikes as a kid but not much. Been on a loaned 250 to do the msa but no riding other than that

Would it be dumb to start on a zx6r? I found a good deal on a nice 2008 or 2009 green one for 2500. Or should I just get a ninja 300

>company is going downhill
>considering a used motorcycle
that doesn't really matter too much tbqh m9

That looks really uncomfortable, why would you want to ride that?

>italian and japanese
Swing and a miss.

because it looks cool.
>hardtail
it probably is.

fuck off mvanon! you are the one thats cucked with that piece of shit italian cuckbike

Honestly once you have the basics down, it's all about throttle control. If you can keep yourself from using the throttle as an on/off switch, you'll be fine.

I know. I should've gotten a superior cafe racer. Nothing competes on the touge.

New cbr looks like a panigale

they make the only bicycles worth a damn. if you want a REAL motorcycle though, brother, you need to get yourself something american.

>hardtail
i have a hardtail right here bby ;)

How awkward is dual sport seat height for street riding

False adv bikes

>because it looks cool
You can look cool while not having your shoulders and back hurt.
You can still look cool while having good performance.
Theres no excuse for cruiser bullshit.

depends on how tall you are and if you have to stop much.

Looks sharper than a Panigale.

im worried about, jst because i have no experience in emergency situations, hitting the throttle too hard and hurting myself seriously the second a car pulls out in front of me or something

Ducati copied the single sided swing arm for a vfr and its styling years ago and nobody cared.

Ape hangers are actually comfortable

not the most comfortable but not that bad, you get used to it.

That's bullshit and you know it.

>what I think is cool automatically has to be cool for someone else
I think cruisers look cooler than any other kind of motorcycle except for something like a ducati S1000 sport classic, but that thing is just as much a pos as a harley.

That reminds me of this seat.

>New engine

probably dtc and 100hp

>ape hangers
>comfortable
No.
You will have to adjust to a new bike anyway. Practice emergency braking in an empty lot and keep a clear head, you can avoid all but the impossible situations.

DELETE THIS!

No but seriously. Properly setup ape hangers are super comfortable. Do research. Good posture and you don't expend energy since your hands are hanging.

>this whole bike
Absolute garbage

As a new rider, this is every time I put my helmet on, but as soon as I start the bike, all anxiety goes away!

my proper ajusted dick in ur as is super comfortable. Do research. Good posture and you don't expend energy since your hands are hanging.

All of this can be avoided by not speeding and riding like an idiot.

What if car just slams its brakes in the middle of highway or some fucker tries to run you over for riding at 15mph?

The MSF instructors say you'll be comfortable as long as you keep your body loose and let the bike do its thing.

Get a ninja500/ex500

They really aren't, I've ridden bikes with hangers before, couldn't stand it for more than 20 minutes.

that doesn't happen, and when it does you'll be able to deal with it if you aren't too busy fucking the fleshlight you installed in the gas tank.

I'm in California, I stay close to the splitting lane as much as possible.

Practice your autism olympics as I actually get miles on my bike. Sport bikes just sit until their value depreciates and they become stunt bikes or hood cruisers. Naked is where it's at. Usable power/torque.

Took the engine out of the EXC today. No visible timing marks on the flywheel or cam sprocket so I'll have to look up how I'm supposed to judge the timing. IIRC the service manual said something along the lines of "look to see that the timing dots on the cam sprocket line up with the head. Gave no specifics about what I'm supposed to look for.

I've never known anything else but it's not bad. I can see over pretty much everything but big trucks. The bad part is you catch a lot of wind.

If you're wondering about reaching the ground when you stop it's fine once you get used to it. You put one foot down and keep the other on the peg.

cruisers are gay just like you my commiefornian friend.

atlest i get to ride ur mum all yr long faget

There's some ego-boosting appeal to them even if nobody cares if you ride a cruiser

>comfort and practicality approaches some cars in the right weather
>harder to ride than most sportbikes because it's heavy and has no power
but the last one is kind of meaningless when your titanium/carbon fiber ADVENTURE luggage and ADVENTURE crash bars will save your bike and legs from all tipover damage

good to know, how the cancer going?

naked = sport bike without fairings

personally i'll never ride a bike without a fucking windshield

Spend 30k on a Harley and get the same junk suspension as on a bargain teir bike.

Post your mileage this year then oh so perfect naked bike rider.

Speaking of windshields does the Zero Gravity double bubble actually deflect wind better?

False naked bikes usually are retuned and have torque as priority over peak horsepower. The lack of a windshield doesn't really bother me.

Google ktm 450 xcw owners manual id link the right one but im on my phone

is this the new memebike

My mileage doesn't go up because my speedo doesn't work, but I'm pretty sure I ride more than you my friend.

This. Also i used to have a stree triple and in only bothered me when it was cold and going more than 80mph.

And I know exc not xcw, its called an xcw e start everywhere else

I got a service manual for it already.

Naked? That's only for summer riding.
Get a proper bike, with a windscreen, handguards, heated grips and an upright seating position.

5000 since the beginning of July. Tires are done so I haven't been riding as much. Trying to wait till winter to pick some up.

>should have bought a cage

Beginner rider here, is using high beams at night on the freeway so I don't get run over OK or am I just being an asshole?

Shit, i want a 954rr but i can have a 3rd bike.

upright seating positions are fucking uncomfortable

>only 8000km

No, don't.

No, it's the new good bike :^)

Seriously though, give them a chance; they're great.

Naked bikes do have an upright seating position. Triumph offers heated grips. And loads of windshield options available.

>The meme torch passed from the ninja 250 to the ninja 500

I guess /dbt/ finally graduated from corollas to camrys

My ass tends to give out faster than everything else.

mine is a 2004EXC. I think the XC-W name started in 2007 when they started making street legal enduros in the US. EXC became the name for the street legal ones. XC-W is the new name for previous EXCs.

I'm starting to doubt myself though because my cam chain seemed fine. Maybe I should have dug more into electrical parts to see if they could have caused issue.

Catch me up on what happened?

>5000
>thats it
user I think you need to learn what real miles are. I've done more than you on a supersport, and I have not been riding much.

I'd buy an '04 fireblade instead. Same bike with better power.

>he is too poor to buy a windshield for his bike

Any body ever get their suspension setup by a shop?

Best money I ever spent.

Real biker coming through

As a cruiser rider I'm calling you a filthy liar

Hurdurr I can flex my epeen. Just cuz you wrote it on the internet don't mean squat.

What's the proper reaction when a person riding a Can-Am Spyder waves at you?

They can't lane split so not a baiku

Just get a couple more wheels and a roll cage and you'll be a real biker.

>04 fireblade instead
Call ne a faggot but i would just buy it because the way it looks. But sadly i dont have a enought space space and cant really justify buying a 3rd bike. Plus my Vfr is a gas guzzler.

yell "nice car"

Sell the VFR. Fireblade is p comfy. Worth it m8.

Bike ran great then suddenly died and wouldn't start back up. Checked for spark, compression, and fuel. All tested fine. Tried swapping CDI from another EXC with no change. Stator didn't look burnt or broken or anything. I didn't think about it before but I could start testing resistance between the leads and all that good stuff (although I don't think that would prevent running but it might be worth a shot). Now I'm starting to look for other problems which might cause non-runningness like cam timing. I don't really want to pop off the head but if I need to I might have a look at the piston, cyl, and crank while the engine is out.

Call me a faggot but love the vfr. Probably in a few months will figure somethin out.

What year vfr?

reminder multiple replacements for displacement exist
>b.. but you can use them in conjunction with more displacement
Doesn't mean they can't be a very effective replacement for it.

You sound like a butthurt hardley fan boy.
That's unfortunate

The last of the real vfr's, 5th gen 1998-2002

>the most comfortable position
>uncomfortable

Nakeds aren't upright

Mine came with one, together with the other winterbike parts

I wanna see you riding early in the morning, before the sun even thinks about rising, all winter long, snow or not. Because that's when I use my bike