/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users. Several security flaws have been fixed, use ctr-httpwn instead of updating if you want to play online. NTR has been updated to work (astronautlevel2's build).
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. Playing commercial games isn't possible at the moment without a DS flashcard. gbatemp.net/threads/413015
-Installing a9lh without downgrading on the New 3DS (up to 9.2) is now possible.
-New Decrypt9 release allows to create dumps from installed games. github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

>Wii U
-IOSU and CFW Booter released, no stable CFW yet. gbatemp.net/threads/445840
-You can run games from USB without IOSU. gbatemp.net/threads/445514
-Loadiine now supports DLC if you own a legit copy of SSB.

>Vita
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-New Maidump release. github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-ePSP exploit discovered, ARK might be ported to 3.60.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade
youtube.com/watch?v=GTUAPjmTZqs
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-EmuNAND
twitter.com/yifanlu/status/792033214554476544
smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Playing commercial games isn't possible at the moment without a DS flashcard.
damn

>switch
more like bitch lmao if you no what im talking about

Just buy one fag

Fourth for Aurora Wright is a faggot

>Several security flaws have been fixed, use ctr-httpwn instead of updating if you want to play online
Does this mean if I'm on Luma3DS, I can't play online anymore without ctr-httpwn?

AOC PATCHER WHEN?

No, that's only for people without CFW.

What are the steps required to switch CFW? I want to switch from a really old version of >Cakes to Luma.

pokeman when

Looked on 3dsiso and gbatemp, even google only found an old GW-save; does anyone have a (complete) save for Mario Golf: World Tour? There's no save-editor, no ntr-plugin, nothing.

>Pokémon Sun/Moon leak when

Do people use Vitamin 2.0 any more?

Will the chinks ever release the src for MaiDump?

What size mem card are people using on Shita?

I have one, but it's broken.

No
Who knows
Multiple 32GB is the way to go.

Broken how?

No.
Most Chink's tools I use are close sourced so no.
2x8+16 GB

My 4gb mem card on Vita is more than enough tbph

It's halloween, Rednand where?

Where do I buy a fag?

Anyone have a save of Project Diva f with the songs completed in hard?

Thailand

i've got 2 8 gigs but I really just use one of them and swtich around the games a lot.

Considering just buying a 16 since WoFF and God Eater take up a lot of space.

Can someone show me how to use TCP Gecko on Wii U 5.5.1?
What's the Wii U ip though?

go to your router's settings and find out

What's the best FTP hombrew for N3DS? I hate being constantly unscrewing.

The built in one.

Use the SMB share or if you really want FTP then FTP-GMX if you want one that works flawlessly without pony garbage

ftbrony was renamed and got all of the pony stuff removed a long time ago.

It's still shit though.

So with rednand coming soon what will we even be able to do with it.

We can already install wiiu games to USB.

64 gb that I bought for $90 right before henkaku

It's pretty comfy desu

In case you missed last thread read this regarding PS4s
We got the game booting now as you can see here
youtube.com/watch?v=GTUAPjmTZqs

So uh yeah. Now we need a way to make it work on retail PS4 systems

Out of curiosity, if I hack the vWii on my Wii U, then later do a system reset, will the hack remain without messing anything up?

Same, but I shudder to think how I bought a 128GB microSD for $30 the other day...

I didn't realize PS4 piracy was so close.

Update.

We need to make some kind of infographic for buying an NDS flashcard or something.

yeah because scene folk are working hard as shit, and it bothers us when "news" sites make an article on trivial things that are months old.

why?
literally any card works on 3DS with RetroGameFan YSMenu Kernel

THAT iso site

Literally anything.
It doesn't matter.

>FTP-GMX
Does it fix the constant connection timeouts that ftpd has?

You're a fucking idiot and are part of everything bad about /hbg/

The funniest part is how quickly Sony got an update out.

I read wololo every day, got the news that morning, switched on my PS4 to update to 4.01 (because I heard moving on from 3.55 was dumb and gay), downloaded all the latest patches and demos and then kekd loudly at Sony when a notification came up about 6 hours later for 4.05.

I have a 64gb in my 3DS and no\t even 1/4 of it is filled up with worthwhile 3DS games to play. At least my Vita card will get completely filled up as soon as people actually start redumping with Mai again and/or it updates. And don't even get me started about the nogames U

Click the "links" at the bottom of the google doc user

>[Deleted]
NAH BRO YOU STILL HERE WITH US
[CONSOLE]ISO AND YOU WILL FIND ANYTHING INSERT YOUR PLATFORM OF CHOICE

Fuck off cunt.
Yeah, I saw that after I posted like a retard. Sorry.

That's what I mean. I hear this now, but before I was told the R4i Gold was the best one.

R4i Gold is still the best one, I guess. But it matters less now that old flashcards are working with NTR Launcher and the DSTwo's features are largely redundant.

Your fault for getting meme'd
everytime I see people importing from China I kek.

I literallly went to a flea market, picked up a R4 IDSHC for $8 and got it working on my 3DS

The people behind the reveal disclosed all of it to Sony right after/before showcasing it. So you shouldn't really be surprised.

So basically getting a PS4Pro as soon as possible is a good move?

basically but if you update to 4.05 youre fucked for now

heres why
>we have no way of downgrading as of yet
>we have to still make more shit t abuse the exploit on 4.01
>we still have to mess with the data on pro related shit otherwise youd have half the game accessible (ie no neo mode only ps4 mode even if you have a pro)

So whether you get one now or later you will still have to wait for the shit to be available.

Why is my 3ds asking about a system update?'

When was the last nonstability udpate we got?

That makes sense. Hopefully the Pro really ship with 4.01 then.

I dunno, maybe because there's an update out?

whoa

to make matters worse - if you have a testkit you cant always abuse 1.76 either as theres a minimum firmware issue on 2015 ps4 kits

>2014 kits can go to 1.01 at lowest
>2015 kits can only go down to 2.00
>this means 2015 kits cant be used for exploits since it needs 1.76

Sony is really trying to fight it and theyre sorta succeeding for what it's worth

this
signed patching
updating without losing hacks
etc

I know and that was expected but it's the speed at which those fucking nips shit themselves and rolled out a patch.
Makes me smile imagining them running around on their little chink legs trying to damage control because their money printing machine got btfo.

Plus I missed out on the whole PS3 CFW scene because I got to it late so I feel a little vindicated.

You've got issues.

meruru dlc when?
fixed meruru maidump when?
sophie/firis dlc when?

I'm still looking for a Sophie maidump that works so I can play the DLC.

Where is the OOT3D save image I need to put on my hardmodded 10.4 firmware n3ds with powersave?

Eurgh, clearly you have shit tastes.
Those fags are made with shit quality herbs and godawful wrapping paper.

Get some fucking Cuban Fags. Anywhere else is just assuring loss of quality.

Why are you hardmodding and using OoT if you're on 10.4?

Maybe you're just a retard who's actually on 11.x.

Fuck off you bingbong and take your terrible slang with you.

Alright can someone help me with this?
I formatted Sticker Star through JKSM and ran StickerHax.
But when it boots it says Error code: 00000002 The title this sploit_installer is running under is not supported.
What's wrong? I'm running it on my homebrewed O3ds so I can open it up over on my N3ds.

I mean I had 11.2, but I hardmodded and flashed my nand with one that has elements of 10.4. Now the guide tells me to use the game method.

Yep, you want the one for 11.2

What is IOSU's purpose?

We can already run games and play it online with brazilian method now.

so I am upgrading from EmuNAND Luma 3DS to a9lh. I am currently at the step of restoring the EmuNAND backup.

After formatting the SD card what follows? The guide doesn't tell me what to do afterwards.

Last MaiDump DLC I got required I put it in a "DLC" folder within the game install, is that true of all games?

If you live in Brazil, right now there's a pretty cheap one with free shipping on MercadoLivre from a good rated seller. I bit it, lost faith in DS roms off SD a while ago, and from what I heard it's gonna be shitty even when it happens due to limitations.

The same happened with Damascus Gear, but they usually go into their own folder.

right now only disc-based games are playable. no eshop or illicit dlc.
with iosu, we get sigpatching which allows full exploitation.

Uh, yes it does?
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-EmuNAND
>Press Select on the main menu to eject your SD card
>Put your SD card in your computer, then copy all your files back into it
>Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS and boot

If you've already done these things, go back to "Installing arm9loaderhax" and continue from where you left off. (Section III, number 6)

I can't dump my save file from WoFF with Vita Save Manager. I get an error and can't proceed. Has anyone successfully dumped their saves?

is it necessary to inject FBI to the Health and Saftey app if I already had the latest FBI on the EmuNAND?

Stickerhax has its own specific installer that comes with the starter pack, that you should have used.

If you can run FBI from the SysNAND after restoring the EmuNAND backup you made, then no. You can skip that.

twitter.com/yifanlu/status/792033214554476544

you mean like it should have been in the first place fuckface?

No. After you restore your SD content you basically have everything you had back on emunand. Now if you want to continue to install the random junk the guide tells you do, it's up to you.

you sure got him

user I said I used Stickerhax,

>random junk
Luma Updater is practically a necessity. He probably already has hblauncher_loader installed, though.

Just covering bases. From the error message, it sounded like you used a different installer somehow. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work otherwise.

thanks

I just finished getting CFW on my N3DS and I find out you can't play DS games without a flashcart.

Holy shit, this is truly the most useless hacked portable console I've ever had. Even the PSP 1000 was better, since at least you can play PS1 games, on it.

Fucking hell, what's even the point? The 3DS library is garbage. What a fucking waste of time.

>I can't afford an $8 flashcard

>reading somewhere else that Dragon Q builder runs fine on the vita and that 20-25 fps is okay

Theres a name for this but i cant seem to know what it is...

Is there a way to check it's installed before reaching the content in game?

Normally DLC and shit is listed under the game in CMA, but does Mai not adhere to that and loads them differently?

>can play every generation of Nintendo handheld on one system
>but oh no you need to spend 7 dollars to get access to one of them
>useless

Like I said it's up to him. But I personally don't trust these meme updaters with the random problems they seem to be causing (improperly updated Lumas causing reboot patch to break, le smiley glitched screen, bunch of people unknowingly using hourlies and not being able to boot 11.2). I'm happy just using mSDM CIA to copy arm9loaderhax.bin over like always.

How do I know which one in the save directory I found is the right one? I'm supposed to compare it to this smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp , but this does not have the option for 11.2. Also, if this works on 11.2, why did I need to hard mod it and flash in elements of 10.4?