Stance

Can somebody explain the reasoning behind pic related to me? What's the purpose? What's the appeal of paying to fuck up your own car?

modern age is all about showing off

I see, I think this picture explains it all. So it's basically Jackass with cars right?

Liberals, if anything. Their "it's how cars would look if roads were flat," is kinda like saying "blacks are peaceful if the cops aren't around."

Blaming this one on the left might be a bit of a stretch.

wow, you really forced that
protip: not everything is about your obsession

You know, I was thinking it has more to do with exaggerating the aggressive camber angles found on drift cars and whatnot in a misguided attempt to make the car look performance oriented, but sure, let's go with what you said.

It's retarded.

That is all.

Is it 2011 again?

Well, "stance" and "fitment" refer to how the car sits, how the wheels (and gap) look, etc. It involves shit like camber and lowering and can be done very subtly, like a racecar, or like the autist in your pic.

Stancefags go overboard for reasons. Probably like how that one kid in school used to cut himself for attention. Only it's their car taking the abuse.

It looks good but I'd hate to have to negotiate speed bumps, reflectors, or leaves in this.

Someone cue in that image explaining why the stancefags did what they did.

Something to do with being unable to excell in any area so they excell in something they can buy their way into. Theres no skill involved. Just throwing money.

It's their way to be good at something.

That's called growing up an realizing reality is very different.

It's like folding up the bill on your hat, or putting your name on a team jersey. Just dumb suburban kid shit. Explaining it would be giving it too much thought.

Most accurate / logical explanation

This looks good desu

>tfw no tuned expensive German shitbox to rice out with a body kit and wheels

You either like it or you don't. That's it.

Aside from that, bragging out wearing out tyres rapidly and how much they cost you a year, suspension and spinal adjustment costs etc.

It's just stupid, even if you like it, but I think that's the appeal. Being stupid to be cool.

HELL YEAH SWAG M9

>aggressive camber angles found on drift cars
I like this one

I wonder how many people actually pay attention and see that only the front wheels are set up with aggressive negative camber on actual drift cars.

Can I ask why you care what other people do with their own car/money?

At any rate, it seems to be an aesthetic preference and build style that some people pursue. It's ok not to like something, but your post pretty much boils down to

>stop liking things I don't like

Can someone make this into a slap so i can put it on my back window?

Surprised you didn't mention "haters" in your post, stancefag.

>1 cm of tyre contact
>"""aesthetic preference"""

I dont like camber either but i think every generation has tried someway to show off their car.

Stance is foolish, it's also highly risky.

All of it just to get a specific "look".

If it wasn't so dangerous to the point you can go around a turn at regular speed and blow out a tire and spin out into some oncoming car and possibly kill someone else for your "look", it would be fine.

>you can blow out a tire normally too

Good thing the other 3 have full contact with the road and not 2 inches.

itt everyone thinks a stanced car is like the shit box in op when in reality cars like op are very very very small part of stancefag culture

>stance is a small part of stance culture

k.

Yeah oil pan and tire replacements are a bigger part.

shitbox in op is too tall to scrape the oil pan

just like how riced out boomer chip foose tier muscle cars plastered with muurkan flags is a small part of straight line culture

>just like how riced out boomer chip foose tier muscle cars plastered with muurkan flags is a small part of straight line culture

Ok? Where are you going with this one?

every subculture has shit cunts. its not fair to generalize based on said shit cunts

Is this real life

But the stance subculture is all about stretching your tires and having an unnecessary amount of negative camber.

Does that make anything considered "stance" bad? No, but those people are the ones doing it very slightly or have to do it for some performance reason and they don't it to fit into the subculture.

Kinda of like which to me, is flush, not stance.

Others may feel differently, but this is my take on it/them.

It's a clickbait image from the cunt that built the "no-fucks-given" miata

>t. guy who fell for the clickbait

>weekly "explain stance to me" thread

>bi-daily*

Are you fucking high?

>itt anonymous Veeky Forums users try to psychoanalyze people based on suspension geometry
these threads are a lot like the echochambers you hear about on reddit

Pretty sure 99% of users on this board have no clue how suspensions work and why they're set up the way they are .

Retards think it looks good, just like how people in the 80s thought mullets were a good idea

I dunno, I think stancefags might just be retarded.

If you want neat examples of "race stuff taken to its illogical extreme," look up Japanese bosozoku cars- giant wings, ridiculous front splitters, fenders the size of a Beetle and big chunky round wheels. At least they do it so it intentionally looks ridiculous and silly.

This might be really dumb, are there thing that they put on the wheels to make it crooked like that? They can't just bolt on normally with camber so just wondering

This, the Boso guys are all doing it in good fun. Not the "i