What does Veeky Forums think of Hyundai? How about Kia? They are both South Korean manufacturers...

What does Veeky Forums think of Hyundai? How about Kia? They are both South Korean manufacturers. What is their reputation for reliability? Or maybe even lack of reliability?

My PERSONAL thoughts: I didn't care much for Hyundai till I got one. I preferred American manufacturers like Ford or Chevy. Bit biased towards Asian car manufacturers.

Meh
They are good but even more boring than honda/toyota

>more boring than toyota

I'm kinda hyped for their premium brand Genesis and their performance line (N brand?). Also the Genesis Coupe seemed pretty nice but was way too heavy to consider it.

Name me one Hyundai engine as cool as the 2J.

Older models are terrible, newer still do everything worse than their competition

i lol, my mate had audi a5, volvo s60 and i40, new i40 wasn't worst in handling and interior design

Typical South Korean company. They make okay stuff for the price, but they steal 99% of their designs. I wouldn't buy one simply because I'd be embarrassed to be seen in it.

Protip: noting good ever came from korea. This is an undeniable and irrefutable fact.

Nothing good ever came out of your mother's basement either

literally nothing original has ever come out of this company

It makes me wonder if people only bought them because they bought into the 'asian cars never have problems ever' meme and didn't know that it applied to a select range of specific Japanese cars.

I still remember the days where they advertised buying a Kia sedona and you got a Rio for free. Their economy cars drive about like any other. Reliability has gotten better, but nowhere near their competition. They're on some bad opium if they think their "luxury" cars will ever compete with BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, or Audi.

They've always been far better than people give them credit for.

Even back when most of their cars were licensed from Japanese manufacturers.

Who would want to spend $60k on a BMW when you could have a Hyundai?

The last Elantra looked really cool and actually stood out. The new one looks boring and generic.

bretty gud desu

Got my windows tinted last month.

Rode in a Genesis during a road trip.

>Lots of legroom in the back for long leg short torso mutants like myself
>Comfy seats
>Infotainment system as ass as all the others
>Didn't die in a fireball

7/10, would do again

The 5.0L DOHC TAU V8

Might as well get a Ford Modular. At least those are proven engines with tons of aftermarket support.

>20 years ago
>Toyota is on some bad opium if they think their "luxury" cars will ever compete with BMW, Mecedes, Lexus or Audi

Just saying. Also,
>Audi
Is literally rebadged VW and not worth much unless you're serious and get an RS or A8.

kek I meant to leave Lexus out of that one. My bad.

Agreed. Same for the last gen Sonatas vs now.

I mean, I DD a 2006 Sonata GLS and it's not the worst thing ever. It's quick-ish and still looks nice for being 10 years old. Interior is comfy but the dash and console are shit. Pic related, taken at an abandoned airfield I found.

This is purely anecdotal. I drive a new Tucson. It has cooled front seats, heated front and rear seats, a panoramic moon roof, and a date.

No one else in the cuv category offers that. Pretty much if you want all those features you have to pay at least 10k more.

Friend was about as enthusiastic as you sound. It's been 3 years and several trips to the mechanic later, he thinks it's a piece of shit now.

Honda is shit you fucking slut

were not talking 20 years ago dipshit

Driving a new Tucson, its fine and you get more goodies than other brands. Nothing special but comfy

Cheap, fairly reliable, boring. Nothing wrong with them though, no judgement from me if you drive one. I looked at some kias a few months ago and they were okay.

Owned a tiburon once.
Build quality was shit, everything rattled, but it was easy to work on, parts were about cheap as they get, and the v6 sounded good.
Doesnt handle too bad with some handling mods, either

>slanted eyed rice farmer detected
Sorry gook, your kind should be exterminated asap

Anyone with a brain because everyone knows hyundai are garbage