Subaru mech here...

Subaru mech here. This post is to let everyone know that TSB out for sticky reflective dash boards is in effect affecting 2005-2009 legacy and outback models. This is also to remind that user about his dash a few weeks ago. These things are a Bitch to replace pic related. What I'm currently doing.

Does uv light photodegrade the plastic or something and make it reflective? I drove a Ford fusion from that era before and it fucking sucked in bright sunlight.

since you're a subaru mech, I'll ask you a question that I've needed to be answered for a while.

are the new fa20dit engines reliable? basically I've narrowed new cars down and I'm leaning more toward the new style wrx. I want to mod it after a while and if I'm going to do that I want an engine that won't pop after 30k miles.

Thanks. It's causing serious sight issues while driving on my outback.

Go bother my roommate he's an express writer.

Yes the new ones are reliable. The only recall I have seen it's turbo intake boot failure. But that's it.
It like melts and becomes sticky I think that's why. I'm half way done with it.

I think the dash boards are on back order. The one I'm currently doing it took 6 months to get here and when I pulled it out of the box it's all fucked up. Current wait list is a year at my dealership. In the mean time like I said try to get a dash mat or something for now

Thoughts on early to mid 2000s Forester XTs?

>Subaru mech here
So how much boost will am EG33 take before catastrophic failure?

I don't even know the answer to that.
Head gaskets, shaft play on turbo timing belt.
Not all that great

But they're strong blocks, yeah? I've been reading the forum's and they've got a hole in the info and older posts stated the ringlets would pop with even low boost, to the later '12+ posts that state the blocks have no problems and people are running near 18 lbs with stock internals, dies this sound about right?

fuck are u talking about nigga I have 2006 outback xt and it has a carpet over the dash

2005 here, do I get a new dashboard?

Just the dash? Sticky interior gets really interesting when the dome light trims, all 4 door panels and switches, instrument cluster sunshades, every dash switch, column cover, HVAC vent, and console all melt at the same time

That's not a legacy you fucking retard

Nobody cares that you hate on cars you can't afford

He does the same shit with guns too

I don't see how it's much different, mine glares alot with sun and is super reflective

Just the dash yeah.
Not affected lol
That sounds right to me but I wouldn't run 18lbs on stock internals. I don't know what they have stock off hand
I have been seeing alot of 12-13 sti blowing motors before 65K miles we have 4 here that need new motors

Nah boss, I'm not the guy talking STi's, I was and I was asking about the EG33

Right I know that, I was just telling you about the stis I was seeing.

Ahhh

Is that why my fucking fusion is so reflective?