/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

Spooky edition

Last Thread: Steam Halloween sale 2016 live!

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/424280/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1
pixiv.net/member.php?id=8500856
welpmyart.tumblr.com/tagged/Welp!
dweedes.bandcamp.com/track/thugs-of-neon-town
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

finally picked this up after waiting months for a sale, just in time for halloween. been looking for a grindy game for a while now. what am i in for?

Man why did we die last time?

Because u gay (no homo)

its not a popular thread. its going to die sometimes. no big deal as long as someone remakes it

Cho Aniki is my favorite video game series.

So what's everyone playing, making, drawing, or analysing

playing reigns while i eat. picked it up for 3 bucks, surprisingly fun game. reminds me of papers please-lite

That's the game where each ruler's reign is saved for the next play through right?

your previous progress is recorded a bit like in rogue legacy, but i dont think it has any impact on starting a new game

What's everyone's favorite non indie game thats super obscure?

A lot of PSX-era Square stuff

Any in particular?

Tobal No 1.

Also I really like Contact, the DS rpg

I like INSIDE

why'that?

Just wondering but what are two fantasy RpG party member classes that /indie/ likes?

Hello?

I like Paladins and Snipers

Glass cannon types that just shit damage
Support types that can stack buffs and make me shit damage better

I like watching numbers go up with minimal effort

Oh thanks, a Paladin was exactly what I was looking for.
I was sorta tinking more like things like mages, paladins, snipers, warriors, thieves, and stuff. I'll take that into consideration though, status effects and buffs seem really fun to use and mess with

Is Toren any good?

Still too expensive for me.

It on steam?

>Dragons girlfriend was a human all along
>she is also the princess
Well that explains why the king was so angry and kidnapped her while every one of his servants was like "whatever".

Yeah
It's on sale for 3.99

This game seems like a story book from like the childrens section of a library honestly. It looks cute. Minus the text.

where is everyone?

Yeah the art is very charming. Everything except the numbers in the UI are drawn, quite a big miss on what to draw imo but not that big of a impact.
Writing is pretty lighthearted with some stuff thrown in here and there not understandable by a young audience the look may attract. Very enjoyable game, glad I got it from the complete your plattformer pack thingy.

bump

>when you bump a thread on last page

So how long is that game exactly.

Are there any indie or obscure games where you play as a platypus?

{GAME OF THE THREAD}
Porky pig fucks shit up in
IRON SNOUT
store.steampowered.com/app/424280/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

Forgot to post image and the fact that this is the highest rated free indie game on steam.

What are some indie games where I can make Righteous Hacks not unlike the Righteous Hacks seen in the 1995 hacking film Hackers.

What's Rightous Hacks?

Hacks that are benevolent.

coulda swore i saw something about platypus in this game. mightve been a duck though. no you dont get to play as one though

tis-100 is some kinda programming game. the devs also made similar games to it. not sure if thats what youre looking for.
theres also this old freeware game that comes to mind, called iji. been a while but i think you can hack downed enemies to turn them good or something

are there any good platformers that came out this year outside of khimera and rabi-ribi?

Momodora 4 was really fun.

what would you say was better about it than the other games?

Not him, but the fourth one feels like an actual game and less of a prototype. Sprites are vastly improved and the flow of the game is way more solid. The first two felt like one of those flash games you'd see on Newgrounds. It's not particularly long, though.

Update in two days.
>New party member
>New area
>New Songs
>Improved sprites
>Improved tilesets
>New Scenes
>New Intro

>you will never take Buddy trick or treating

anyone played "Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander"? been on my wishlist for a while, on sale finally but only 15% off for $16 so im still on the fence about it. i read its similar to FTL, a game i like a lot. opinions?

>You will never force Buddy to appreciate you
Why even live?

I got 5.4 hours out of it. There is an chievement to beat the game without health upgrade that I don't feel like doing.

Mystik Belle is 10/10 Halloweencore

Only 1 had an unfinished touch to me. 2 and 3 were both very good albeit short.

For how good everything else looks, that sure is a shitty looking pentagram.

I didn't like one at all but 2 was good 3 a little bit worse but along with 4 are worth playing since they are so short.

are you using really high AA or something? is this a photograph of your monitor? its so blurry, the screenshots on steam look nothing like that.

I took this picture off of the steam artwork page since I was too lazy to make a screenshot of my own.

Iconoclasts when?

>Halloweencore
?

Halloweeny.

ur a weiner

this game is pretty neat so far, though im only barely an hour in. i like the character quirks and how they affect stats. also like the art style

bump

So what's indie up to?

Anyone have the sprite that's based on?

>tfw welp will never come back

What happened to him?

iirc he got chased off by a really mad user because of that buddy picture

Working through 50 Short Games by thecatamites. Wishing I knew how to make music.

Switching bewteen sleeping and sleepishy trying to stay awake.

Wait seriously? Like is there a place where he posts his art or anything?

Is Quadrilateral Cowboy anygood?

I've heard very conflicting things about it. Some people love it but others think its tedious.

working on a comic at the moment (and a while ago I was working on a pitch for something else haha)
I was actually planning on coming here again when the comic was done
I have a tumblr and a pixiv, tumblr is "mostly" sfw tho
pixiv.net/member.php?id=8500856
welpmyart.tumblr.com/tagged/Welp!

From my understanding the game's good but never really reaches its full potential. Like it's a game with a lot of potential that's never really tapped. That seems to be the main problem people have with it that is. Like that and it being underwhelming overall seems to be its main criticisms on steam, that and it has some bugs I think.

Continue doing your thing.

>Like it's a game with a lot of potential that's never really tapped.
That is chrono trigger for me..

Oh thanks man. I really like your style, has a very inked sketchbook look to it.

Why's that?

To me it just does not even begin to make use of the story that should have so many different settings and time puzzles. Live-A-Live made way better use of a similar setting. The game needs way more sidequests like the one with robo planting a forest in the past and you collect him in the future.

>bluebot drag competition
What did he mean by this?

I like seeing Shocklord art so much, he's such a bro.

it's like a clunkier budget-title ps2 game (ico-like), which is pretty bad.
the controls are terrible, and the camera is extremely annoying, following some "cinematic" direction, but failing at it as it doesn't really know where to go the majority of the time.
there's also a story, but it really doesn't make much sense.

What's wrong? Why do you need to stay awake for?

What's it like?

Is Steel Zeroesa dev here?
Z+A for info on the boss in the plant doesnt work

It's 50 little games that'll take a few minutes each to complete, mostly centered around little gags, stories, genre parodies, dream diaries, stuff like that. A lot of fun if you like that kind of thing.

Wait, are you trying to press Z+A in the battle itself?

Anyone drawing anything?

I meant Ms. Twinsoft

Also Im getting FPS issues because of gimpvidia drivers not forcing GPU usage so it sticks to intel integrated. Id roll back but random games have had this issue for years.

drawing a qt girl

Yeah that's normal, and I found out what's causing the issue.
It's that one cutscene where the scientists leave after getting offered to investigate the power plant, the one where the guy jumps through the window, that thing uses a ton of pictures being operated then deleted, something that, for some reason, RPG Maker can't handle, so it causes stutter after a while.
I'll have to sadly take that out and replace it with something lighter, probably by having them all saying "I'm busy" or something like that.
Sad, true, but sacrifices need to be made.

What a shame. Will you change that other dialogue from the robot telling him about the time he jumped out the window when arguing with his wife?

Post /indie/ related tracks
dweedes.bandcamp.com/track/thugs-of-neon-town

That one? Probably not, though I will have to change the scientist's dialogue afterwards, that acknowledges him jumping out the window.

Just been sick and not up to my normal stamina. Got enough sleep to hopefully stay up for my doujin fighter team tourney now.

Replace the images with a movie file?

What's the pink circle meant to be? Is it like on her side or something?

It's meant to be a tutu, I think it's a bit more apparent in this new one.

What if it was offscreen? The guy with the trap door could be on the right and zoomed into so the camera pans to him and while the left side of the room is out of sight, theres only the sound effect, then the camera pans back to a broken window.

the problem is that it looks like it's behind both legs. If you notice it's behind the back part of her let leg.

Which is head?
Also placement of tutu looks weird, kinda non euclidean