2.6 has been sent to avocado

>Latest ATV:
youtube.com/watch?v=rRsF6_lwLas
>RTV:
youtube.com/watch?v=aVeoAMFBQTg
>Bugsmashers:
youtube.com/watch?v=2zOaOSaVL2k
>Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098
>Citizencon Demo:
youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0

>Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12978-Introducing-Your-RSI-Space-Suit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

best flea

but not best ship
not even best drake ship

First for #RehabilitateTheRetaliator

Space bullpups when edition

wow im literally dumb as fuck if i didnt notice the ATV was old

sorry lads

fuck bullpups when do I get spacenades and claymores

gimme da tech I want to ambush

> Using the old concept version of the Herald
> Not using the glorious symmetrical new model

it will always be asymmetrical in my heart

both designs are great and i'd take either without a fuss tho. long as interior remains the same

>2.6 has been sent to avocado
Why do you LIE in every thread like that.

Wait, which one is the final final model again ?

is that even the newest one? the webm that always gets posted looks darker and longer, and I haven't seen those flap outs in a long while

why don't you make a better OP when the thread is capped and dead :^)

but it has

that one. the one from the last video about it we saw with josh "gets a little bit of poon maybe" coonz, the lord and savior of drake interplanetary

maybe 1/4 of it has. theyve been testing various flight model changes for 2 weeks without touching star marine or testing new ships.

oy vey

The latest update for Elite: Dangerous is paused because I don't have enough disk space. Is it worth freeing up some disk space for it? I only have the base game so I'm not sure if I can even access any of that updated shit.

Tally needs extra external missile pylons. Dont give the pilot any guns Imo, without sacrificing turrets for gun mounts, but he needs weapons to deal with threats other than the Belly torps.

passengers, new locations, visual upgrades and neutron stars are for everyone

19th for cute ships.

Hey, I'm not very familiar with SC community so tell me if RSI will implement changes and add updates to the current, playable game over time until release then... what will actually change on the night of the game's release? Will they just expand the access everyone and the game in the finished shaped will be there for everyone who played it before release unchanged?

>what will actually change on the night of the game's release?

pigs will fly, for one

>what will actually change on the night of the game's release
Server wipe / reset, server maintenance, testing, etc.

It will probably have some kind of sale / free fly event on the website to celebrate too.

It might have some limited time dynamic event too, who knows.

Avocado patches so far:
2.5.1:slow ass flight changes
2.5.2:slow ass flight changes second pass
2.5.3:weapon and esp changes (no 3rd pass of flight changes yet because putting numbers in an xml file takes a lot of time to do)

not entirely true

not everything will be wiped on release
money you make during the beta will stay

The Herald reminds me a lot of the Rheinland fighter from Freelancer.

Needs some vertical launch things

But then, CIGs physics code probably isn't up to it

thats perfectly untrue. beta money WILL be wiped. assets will not.

Bit shameful that SM still isn't out

CIG seem to just want to show off some spacecry engine work

The webm is of this Herald, the radar system is deployable

>Checking play times on Steam
>ED Is at 500 hours
>Got over my autism at 250 hours when I unlocked Cutter/Corvette half a year ago

Where the fuck did 250 hours come from?

I have a few hundred extra hours because of times I left the launcher open overnight

The Tali needs an overhaul badly if it's going to be competitive. The new Polaris just made it obsolete for it's purpose.

I think it's more like they gutted the Cryengine so much they are having issue making a proper FPS out of it now

what do you mean assets?

It really is the worst mess in the game now that even the cutlass is being rebuilt.

you will 99% sure guaranteed lose all ingame money youve earned, and all things youve bought with that money such as armor, weapons, some other shit i didnt know i could get from grinding icc

if it's not an account-bound item you own via real money or REC, it's going away @ 2.6 and likely every other alpha patch until absolutely everything is persistent and everything is UEC purchasable

I could have sworn they said you would be able to keep whatever you made on the beta

>obsolete for it's purpose.
youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

>be the one ship thats not $750usd with torpedos
>nuke the fuck outa big cap ships
>leave, rearm, repeat until theyre dead enough

there should be zero usage of the turrets involved unless you fucked up and didnt do your speicific, niche job fast enough. retaliator is completely OK where it's at currently.

>poor people not understanding a specialialized bomber's role and whining about it not being a good enough figher

Watching RTV right now, this Hannes guy is actually way better than I'd have imagined.

beta is a very long ways off.

do not expect indefinite account persistence until
>all ingame jobs are available in the form of NPC jobs / player-to-player sales and jobs
>4.0 hits, maybe 4.1., game is "beta".
>pray that chris roberts releases a "final, 1.0 game" and doesnt send this game into his brand of alpha male autistic development hell for 4 more years when the game will be looking old on release

>dock at Cochrane Works for base assault missions
>mission board fucking empty in all modes

YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE MISSIONS
WHERE IS THE MISSIONS EGG-MAN

You're in the wrong thread fag, this is /scg/. You're allowed to talk about Derektile Dysfunction if you end your post with a Heil Roberts, though.

Your ships with their subsonic engines and wet tissue paper hulls can suck it.

Also, FUCK.

>whining about it not being a good enough fighter.
because literally every other ship, including the corvette, giant space barge, and space oil tanker has pilot controlled guns on it. And because the retaliator was sold as being more than a defenseless npc torpedo boat.

You've been stealth-banned from mission boards by Frontier for using exploits outside the light of Brabens Vision.

If i currently get only ~15 fps in PU is there any chance I will get atleast 30 fps when the new netcode rolls out? AC multiplayer currently hovers around 50-70 so i'm pretty sure it's my shitty cpu getting floodded by too much info from a server

I literally just said what the ship is designed to to, none of which has to do with anything other than firing torpedoes and getting the fuck out

the guns on the Retaliator are purely defensive, a luxury, even

>buying ships with questionable roles that you dont understand, with real money

Who knows. We have no idea what sort of improvements we'll actually see when they land the changes, so all we can do is guess. Easier to just wait and see.

Why do we have so many false flaggers? Especially false flaggers that are failures? Your threads failed so you're back here to start shit?

>when the game will be looking old on release

I actually hope it looks old on release. The gaming scene has been stagnant for far too long.

They are still releasing AAA games that dont look as good as crysys did back on the day.

if you're getting 50-60 in arena commander i'd expect to have that performance in the PU eventually.

the PU currently requires a benchmark rig from 3 years ago to run as wlel as it can. and we're talking absolute vanilla cryengine server tech. hopefully at 3.0, it's fixed. hell, i'll take +15 FPS average even

I only just started so I hightly doubt that when there are fags who exploited sothis for months without consequence.

SC won't look old by any stretch of the imagination. Only retards/shitposters think that today's graphical fidelity is going to be any better in two-three years.

->exploits
Oh, I didn't know Reddit posted here

It's all about the 0-day sploitz, mang.

Somebody at Cochrane in the instance I'm in just opened fire on the landing pads. A couple Viper IVs just died and the port doesn't seem to have much anti-air to speak of.

Just try to enjoy the time you have left before you become our cattle.

It's a killvette with PAs and pack hounds. He's hiding behind the terrain and pops up to unload a salvo when he sees a ship spin around on the pad to launch.

I did a return to surface instead of launching and sure enough 2xhuge plas + a ton of missiles splashed off me while I was still protected by the pad.

Thread split/false flag-kun, I'm /scg/ that's calling your dumb shit out. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if only /scg/ anons are responding to you.

Oh it's you again. Don't you understang what fuck off means?

thats kinda sad tbqh

Yeah, it is. On one hand it means my 970 will last even longer. But it also means more and more stagnation.

>I have your holo-image beside my bed, Commander. I trust that isn't too weird for you?

Nigga that weird AF.

i dont think thats the case
the trend is developers going lazy and releasing unoptimized games that dont look/play any better but force people to upgrade to higher end or newer cards

Is the cochrane board dead?

Well, personally, I selectively play new games and primarily stick to old ones. Most everything I play now including SC (And when I played ED) had zero issues running on my system. Not taking into account SC's optimization. So I have a good feeling that something like that won't affect me at all.

Dead as the game itself.

Give me your milk, user~~~~

I"m hoping HBM3 becomes standard in GPUs soon 32GB of VRAM standard would be pretty neat.

and ded

you better fuck the shut up i put in alot of work for that OP with 1 embed thats still current

Should give the splitfags what they want so the thread can die even faster.

This is from the video, it's this one I think you've been answered but :
Any alpha money and asset bought with non-definite money will be reset a Final 1.0 release, else there would be no incentive for player to donate with real money for a "start" advantage (which will be the only thing they have, only LTI is an advantage that will last forever).

CIG will however test "persistency of item" throughout beta, they are only testing their game before release.

Herald-chan looks like she has weird storage compartments on the sides

I think you are referring to its "computer thingy"
It's a information-hacking-warfare spaceship which apparently mean you need physical access to its drive/memory unit. To take them in and out as fast as possible.

That's the logic I heard at least

Dunno, whatever these are

>Herald-chan

i would bully you so hard irl

Good :3

pls no

I thought SC was getting rid of XML files

So I just tested Cochrane works.
It looks like they really did implement steps to kill board flipping. In addition to changing mission population when you swap instances, if you do it too much in too short a time your board just won't populate with missions for a while

I don't think that's accurate. The mission board was empty for me when I landed there for the very first time today, and the last time I did any instance flipping was close to 2 weeks ago.

Just did this exact same thing, saw the same thing you did. Payouts were really low, too. I saw screenshots of people getting 1+mil rewards, I only saw ~75k. Also got no missions showing up at all after switching between open/solo after a couple of times.

Were you in a Vulture by chance? If so I might've accidentally shot you once then said 'my bad' in chat. I was also in a Vulture.

Nah I was in solo
I was getting multi million payouts but only one mission for kent's at a time, and several for the ones with actual security.

How to level up to Deadly in E:D fastest?

The only reason I have rank in the first place is because of Chemical Manipulators.

farm conflict zones

How are you getting multimillion? Is it a rank thing?

very true, games can only look so real. we're still a ways off from creating a true alternate reality on your computer screen though. visuals are the easy part, making everything in a game behave like youre watching a nat geo documentary is hard

You need high rep to get offered the high payout missions. I'm getting 12-skimmer missions for 4.5mil a pop at allied.

The bases with actual security have anti-missile missiles. You can't use dumbfires there because they'll get shot down before reaching the ground. The high security base in particular has anti-ship missiles and goes itano circus on your ass if you attack from the air. The safest but slowest approach is to land out of turret range and attack in an SRV.

Alternatively, hide behind terrain and use railguns at a distance. The target reticle will snap to a skimmer if you can get it over one, even if they're currently untargetable because they're not firing.

essentially theyre storage units for "info" (info running profession, assuming it will be a safer form of cargo when the job is playable). herald is supposed to include a means of wiping these clean so that nobody can steal your 3.5TB of rare space-memes

>nat geo documentary

disgusting taste in documentary
take your roaring bugs elsewhere

Honestly, I'm fine with graphical stagnation, if done correctly. Just theoretically speaking, it would mean that they could reuse assets for their next games, and make them even bigger. Just imagine how many 3D models of an M16 humanity has created in the last 10 years, at some point it's enough.

More important than graphics at this point is interactivity and world building. How to make things not jarring, make clipping an issue of the past, better AI, more mission variety, real VR and so on.

the game looks great, as long as they continue to build it around the notion of possibly hundreds of large ships in one small area, theres no point making it look better unless they expect their average audience to have quad 1080s running on some magical future CPU that produces 15 ghz

the entire concept of the game is that theres alot of shit going on, alot of moving parts and things being computed at once, but all that shit is still as visually pleasing as your PC can handle.

it's not like they cant overhaul the graphics when the game has been out for a bit and the average "poor man's gaming pc" has the stats of what will be a godlike rig by the end of next year

Fuck that -- where are my LMGs at? Will SM even have larger weapons as such? If so, Ill cum buckets.

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12978-Introducing-Your-RSI-Space-Suit

>Class VII – Heavy Marine Armor. This is a heavy weapons suit with mech upgrade for carrying heavy weapons.

Must be something big

4u