It seems like my country (Hungary) is now officially the worst place to live if you like modified cars

It seems like my country (Hungary) is now officially the worst place to live if you like modified cars.

The police and the national traffic authority are getting more merciless from day to day.
Our laws that control vehicle modifications are made in 1990.

Technically you are able to get it done legally, with the following procedure:
>request a modification permission from the gov. List the modifications, and attach a expertise that the parts won't deteriorate any of the car's original parameters, and the parts are made for that very type, and they will decide randomly if you get the permission or not.
>you have to have translated TÜV, and a proof of origin, or a bill from all the parts you want to install.
>have an official shop to install your parts with an expertise.
>take the car to the national traffic authority's restricted MOT to a revision.
(all these cost causeless amount of money.)

They are taking away titles and order restricted MOTs for the followings, as illegal modifications (unsafe on public roads):

>tinted lights (any)
>non original bumpers or splitter or spoiler or any body modification, even if it's OEM
>aftermarket wheels bigger than original (therefore smaller tyres)
>lowered suspension
>strut bars
>any engine modification (even a CAI)
>any engine swap that's not identical to original
>any other seats and steering wheels than original
>multi point seatbelt harness
>rollcage or rollbar
>exhaust modifications
>in-car fire-extinguisher
>stickers on whichever windows
>you cant even have a fucking air freshener hanging because it's blocking vision kek

The funny thing that they're always refer to that you can do it legally, you just have to stay inside the borders (from 1990) and have a fucking sheet from all of you parts (good luck finding them for used parts).

I don't know how it works in the states. Could someone explain me the process? It seems to me that various engine swaps and all those dailydriven race cars seems to work fine there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MX6vWHMuoLA
oregoncoast.craigslist.org/cto/5763630267.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can do pretty much anything you want in the US, so long as you're not in California. Same with Canada except for Quebec.

If I lived in Hungary I'd get a sportbike and not play with cars at all, that sounds like a huge pain in the ass.

It seems like niggas still be stupid enough not to move within a union that offers free choice of residence and workplace.

Here's how it works in the states;
>Buy shitbox truck, hand over check to PO
>Drive home 60 miles with barely any braking power, no plates, and a howling differential (your experience may vary)
>transfer title and pay tax on it, receive plates
>drive it to work, leave it there because it won't start
>inspection goes out, and your blinkers start fucking up
>coworker finally fixes differential, slip other coworker five bucks to pass it with the blinkers going fucky still and you just realized the horn doesn't work
>drive it home
>Fix problems at leisure, if at all

It's hell, man. I hate this place.

In CA '75 and earlier and you're good.

This is why you vote.

And then all your roads are limited to 65 mph because your vehicles and drivers alike can't be trusted to move safely at higher speed.

Yeah that's so much worse than yurop

Love how whenever Murrifucks hear something bad about cars from any of the dozens of European countries, suddenly the entire continent is one country for you morons.

Well that's weird, my speed limits are 70 and 80 here. Do you guys even have roads long enough to hit that? Not that I know how fast my truck is going. I just got the cable today.

In the states we have laws for tint that's too dark, exhaust being too loud (only a big deal if it's obnoxiously loud) emissions in a lot of places, red and blue lights on your car, technically tinted lights or colored lights on your car at all (except red in the back, white, amber) but no one ever gets stopped for that here.

South American fag here.
At least you can have the 3k civic meme.

Beschde Grüße, mei Guddster.

That should be the logical way to this everywhere. Take the car to MOT, it goes, steers and stops on it's own, and you're good to go.

But sadly they are much of a muchness. This whole country is bogged down in the socialsm.

>Love how whenever europoors hear something bad about cars from any of the 51 United States, suddenly the entire country is one jurisdiction for you morons.

In Texas
>buy car
>get it to pass inspection
>do what you want

So long as it can pass inspection or you can pay someone to pass it then you're golden.
Never really had a problem with inspections, once it was a license plate light (went to a cheap corner place because I had put it off til the last minute) and the second time it was a gas cap that had cracked and wasn't sealed.
Both times they passed me after telling me I needed to fix it.

by far my favourite sign.
Its so small and boring looking but my eyes are shining and I feel like a free man when I see it.

>Imblying there are pre-75 cars that are both desirable and affordable

ahahaha, nem tutam hogy van itt masik magyar. utalom azt a kurva orszagot

You can do whatever the fuck you want in the United States. Inspection is primarily to check lights/blinkers/horn/airbag codes/etc.... it's not really related to modifications. Some places like California might be a little bit more strict on aftermarket exhausts (FYI: Literally no aftermarket exhaust is street legal, but no one gives a shit) for emissions purposes but it's pretty much a free for all.

Bro I'm so jealous.
This whole fucking Hungarian government is so corrupt that it seems hopeless to us to make any change. They're literally hunting modified cars now. I want to leave this shithole.

That's absolutely illogical though if you want to grant drivers any freedom at all on public roads. They're two sides of a scale, freedom doesn't work without responsibility, and it's impossible to grant both the freedom of high speed and the freedom of redneck mods without creating immense danger. Either you let death traps cruise around at 60 mph, or you let people drive at high speed in a well functioning car.

There's barely any difference to the 51 states in car control. Half the US population has to take their cars to so-called inspections that check the existence of windshields and headlights, the other half is free not to. Half the US population has to take their cars to so-called emissions checks that look for easily obscured software codes, the other half is free to cut their catalytic converter off. That's literally the only difference, beyond that you can hack up almost anything you want in almost all the states.

Yeah I get it, but it seems like it's working over there. And UK has similar laws on this IIRC.

>51 states

For all intensive purpleses the District of Columbia is a seperate jurisdiction in regards to vehicles.

99.99 percent of people will never, ever pick up a wrench in their lives. It turns up to be a nonconcern.

It's a concern when you have roads without speed limits, because the people who want to go extra fast are exactly the people who DO pick up wrenches.

Ne is mondd. Ha egyetlen dolog van ami miatt elhagynám ezt az országot, az ez.

Semi related but I'm about to buy a used car in North Carolina and bring it to my house in Virginia. I'm planning on leaving it unregistered and uninsured until I get it running. Anyone have any experience with something like that?

Could you get a PO box in another country next door and just register the car there?

>tire tread cancel sign

Taxes are so high to resister a car out and in again that it wouldn't worth it. Literally the taxes are taxed here.

Here in Finland for some reason cars with Euro 3 emissions standards or higher you can't do engine related changes unless you go through some bullshit lab tests.

But anything below Euro 3 is ok for modifications. All you do is get a short modification inspection done and you're good to go. There's also some restrictions relating to the amount of horse power you can add but everyone just ignores it.

youtube.com/watch?v=MX6vWHMuoLA

Shouldn't be a problem -- you can transfer title without having to register the car.

thats the soviet system you slavs havent moved away from yet and from what i understand hungary has another putin loving strongman in power now
say bye bye to the rest of your freedoms

Alberta canada here.

-No inspections, except one-time out of province for something that hasn't been registered here yet. most mechanics take beer bribes to overlook anything.
-no emissions anything anywhere.
-$87 a year to register anything, yearly registration fee only, no tax.
-5% GST on vehicles purchased from a company
-no tax on any private sale of any sort.
-anything legally a car in any other country can be imported and registered after it's 15 years old.

process for modifying car here:

install parts, rip skids.

In Norway they won't approve your mods no matter what you do, exceptions are maybe a tüv approved coilover kit, nothing else.

I live in Texas and have literally gotten non-running cars inspected as well as cars with gas leaks, broken suspension components, head gasket leaks and no signals.

Enjoy your oilfieldbros in stupidly lifted trucks.

in lithuania it must have steering wheel and 4 wheels to be approved

>rotaries are completely exempted from emission testing by law
I know what car I'm getting once I land a proper job. Some guy took his decatted FD to the inspection and had the emissions test done as well just for kicks, it blew past the normal regulations by several orders of magnitude. The clerk just laughed and passed the car with flying colors.

It "says" 65 mph, but in reality cops don't give a fuck until you are going over 85, which qualifies as a super speeder ticket and is far more lucrative than a regular ticket.

So basically, what really matters is the threshold for the super speeder ticket, not the actual speed limit itself.

It's also a good idea to stay within 20mph of the speed limit for insurance purposes if you are in a wreck, that way if there is an investigation, they will have are harder time proving that you were actually going over the speed limit.

Vehicle neglect is the greater evil here by a huge margin. Wheels falling off or brake failure are basically the only ways a car by itself could pose a risk. Power loss at speed and other associated risks such as the attentiveness of the driver are not relevant in this discussion.

Severe neglect generally only occurs on cars owned by horribly poor/stupid people with beat, ragged unmodified cars. Those are the ones you have to worry about.

Some guy who enjoys the vehicle he has put time and money into won't be keen on risking it all driving like a maniac putting others at risk. There are far more people who do that with unmodified cars already.

In short, your described remedy would punish the 1% of motorists who are car enthusiasts because of the actions of the other 99%. This train of thought is the same as the belief that people with conceal carry permits (who make up only a few percent of the population) are going to increase violent gun crime, when in reality the people who apply for a permit are 5.7 times less likely to commit a violent crime than the average citizen. It's backwards thinking and is not based on numbers, only misinformation and muh feels. I implore you not to think this way.

At least they stay away from car meets. The scene here is smol and the roads are straight, but the lack of regulation makes up for it

>applying
oregoncoast.craigslist.org/cto/5763630267.html

California's restrictions just require more money. Basically boils down to whether the manufacturer can pay for the emissions testing in most cases. With stuff like turbo and superchargers you also are required to give the end user an emissions compliant ECU map using the stock ECU.

What they conveniently don't mention is that the end user can totally ignore this map and use their own and still pass smog as long as OBD2 appears to work and the ECU appears to be stock.

Technically, you can use an aftermarket ECU, it just has to be fully OBD-compliant. Unfortunately, ECU makers won't even attempt to add that functionality because they don't want to be associated with OBD spoofer boxes.

>I don't know how it works in the states. Could someone explain me the process?
Gladly.
>Go to local junkyard with 24 pack of PBR
>Give cleetus some brews and $250, leave with LS1
>Put LS1 in my shitbox in one afternoon over a few beers
>Do sikk burnouts in front of the police station
>get stopped
>Cop asks about car, show him under the hood, gives me a nod and a warning to avoid burnouts there for a little bit
>Go on my way and do donuts in my driveway.
The only part that was exaggerated was how easy it is to drop in a new engine.