What do you fagg/o/ts think is the best brand of tire?

what do you fagg/o/ts think is the best brand of tire?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15808295/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15508228/#q15681311
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Michelin.

Whatever is on sale at Costco when i get my tires changed. Usually good deals on Bridgestone.

Not Pirelli for one.

continental true contact are my go to tite for shit boxes. If I need to go cheap I'll buy used tires off the Mexican shop down under i95

Hoosier

For what terrain?

this

I've run a lot of rubber in 35 years of regularly driving 50 or so discrete vehicles . In that limited real world experience, I've come to prefer Continental for on road and dedicated snow tires, Dunlop off road(carefully chosen lug pattern) and was surprisingly impressed with Hankook Dynapro ATM load range E on pickups and large SUVs.

they're all memes

Pirelli P1's are great on small cars
I have P7's on a full sized sedan and they are good, but I havent compared them to other tyres

overall continental. they seem to have a high proportion of top performers in their categories

I swear by Cooper Tires. The Cooper CS5s are glorious.

Michelin. Used to say Pirelli, but one of my tires exploded while on the road, doing 60mph

The Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R is the best performance street tire for 285 and narrower.
The BF Goodrich Rival S is the best performance street tire for 315 or 335. Unless you can run a 12" or wider 19" wheel for the Viper ACR TA 2.0 Kumho Ecsta V720 ACR.

If you want a performance street tire that's less like the r-compounds disguised as 200 treadwear listed above then go with the Micheline Pilot Super Sport. Basically every other tire is garbage.

Just got some michelin premiers and couldn't be happier. Best tire

I'm a fan of michelin, and bridgestone for every day grip tires. On shitboxes and stuff I pretty much go for any name brand

MPSS is godly for grippy daily tires
potenza re tires are great too

I agree

Daily reminder Pirelli a shit.

Bridgestone
also this

What's the treadlife for the RE-11s like? Are they closer to the 200 rating than the RE-71s?

I've got about 12k out of RE-11s which isn't much different than the RE-71s. I have multiple sets though and I use 1 for street driving only and the rest for the track or autoX only when new. If you do both they heat cycle out super fast. The RE-71s fall off on time for me after just 130ish 60 second SCCA passes. At that point they can usually go for a few thousand street miles without getting too scary in the rain.

Cooper.

Cum ho

Dunlop

Goodyear or BFGoodrich

Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003
Hankook Ventus R-S3 Z222

>not using RE003

Is the RE003 a brand new tire? Can't find it at tirerack or 1010 tires
>tfw canacuck

I hope it's a brand new one that just isn't carried yet since it comes in the stock size for my Fiesta ST.

Nankang

I just get a bald set and cut my own tread. What would those fucks at the tyre place know anyway?

Potenza RE003

I have these on my shitbox, can confirm they're good.

Eees good, yes?
Torquey torquey.

Nankang never happen.

Well, I get them so cheaply through work it doesn't even matter if they only last 50% of a "name brand" because I can buy 3 sets for the price of 1 set of bridgestones

Underrated.
For winter. You can't go wrong with Nokian

Pirelli P Zero

I work in a Michelin tire warehouse

Ask me anything

P Zero wins most of the tests I read.

Because....?
Let me guess? Muuuuhhh Italian shit hurr durr derp

>what do you fagg/o/ts think is the best brand of tire?

Previous archived tire thread is at:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15808295/

If you're thinking about buying imported chinese tires, Consumer Reports had some comments even about the USA-based companies selling them:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15508228/#q15681311

G U A R D S M A N

L I N G L O N G
I
N
G
L
O
N
G

Where do you work?

Anyone in this thread that says Michelin are good tires doesn't know anything about quality tires.

>run over raw pasta dough
>make noodles

How loud are these?