Which car purchase did you regret and why?

which car purchase did you regret and why?

help people not make the same mistakes
for me the C30. good car, but the turning radius kills it for me. I feel like I'm doing a U turn in a dump truck

I won't buy anything unless it has ecoboost

Ford Fiesta, wanted a cheap and fuel efficient compact car, transmission had to be replaced multiple times.

impossible

Ford doesn't make mistakes

They had to extend the powertrain warranty because of how fucked up it was. Sold it and told the new owner that it's got an extended warranty.

>caring about turning radius
Literally why? How often do you do u-turns? Stop being a dumbass.

>turning radius

Is this a Volvo thing? I drove an S60 for a few days a couple of years ago and the super wide turning radius was baffling.

>awd car with shitty winter tires
Almost equinoxed that car on a stop

It's a transverse i6 thing.

It's a FWD thing.

Nah, my giant ass 4000lbs land barge 940 has a better turn radius than my sisters WRX

Shame about the c30 though, they looked dope. I really wanted an AWD system in it though.

None.

Bought an Altima in 2005, still runs perfect
Bought a Highlander in 2010, still runs perfect
Bought a Mazda3 in 2012, still runs perfect
Bought a Lexus CT200h in 2016, still runs perfect

congrats!
you have the absolute most boring taste in cars I have ever seen on this board...

C30 is a cool little car but every FWD and RWD Volvo I've driven has had the turning radius of a cruise ship

Related, I bought an '89 240 in Michigan as a first car and didn't know shit about where to look for rust nor did I look up common problems for those cars. Paid $750 for it, dumped another grand into it to get it reliable, and sold it for $1000. Tech tip: Learn up on a car before you start looking
pic related

Damn I love the 240's, but they just don't last up north

Why? Awd is unnecessary.

a part of me just really wants to see volvo back in rally and the c30 looked like it had good bones for that.

K fuck off dad

i get my excitement elsewhere. pic related

Volvo 240s have a famously small turning radius.
9.9 metres if I recall correctly. Small cars like Yaris and Fiesta can't even get under 10 metres.
They are really usable as a city car

Wait I thought Volvos were i5s?

that was a ford era volvo thing. Prior to that they were slant 4 RWD's

bost bics of wrx

Man I thought I knew everything pretty well by now. Can I get specifics. I need to be educated man.

I really only know about 240/740/940's because I have a redblock. After ford got it shit was all fucked up and the new 2017's are coming with some dual charged bullshit. Just know redblock is the best engine.

now bost bics of sis :D:D:D:D:D:D:

3 literal shitbox and 1 somewhat luxury lawnmower. Good job grandad

wew

No they really don't, and the PO's of this one just did not care about it at all
I do love the shape still, Hoping to get a 4 speed turbo wagon from the early 80's, but right now I've got an '89 740 turbo that's absolutely mint

Well I have no idea what was wrong with mine then

Rust, bushings, suspension, alignment, rack & pinion, pwr steering, ect...

Looks nice, I want to put some hellas on my 940, what roof bars do you have?

They're the generic Chinese $50 mounts and bars from Proline Racks
I've still got them as well as the wind fairing but I feel like putting them on my blacked out 740 would be childish

Volvo was either straight 4 or straight 6 all the way up until the mid 90's when the 850 was introduced, that's when the straight 5 came into play in the P80 chassis, when the P2 chassis came out in the very late 90's they came with an i5 or i6 and in turbo or na form, either in FWD or AWD layout, favoring the front wheels

Picked up one of pic related, as was a good size to double as a family and a hooning car.

I suspect the electrics were installed in the middle of a thunderstorm, while under 200 feet of water.
Turned into one fix after another.