Motorcycle

Just found a 2003 Honda shadow 1100cc in good condition for $1500. 6700 miles on it.

Need help quick, should I buy it? It will be my first bike. I'm 5'9" 155 lbs.

yeah they are good bikes.
I had one for a while
Couple friends had them too.

Apparently this one is pretty much perfect and from light visual inspection (I'm a noob keep in mind) only thing wrong is rust on the saddlebag clasps and buttons really. Not much wear. I think it may need a carburetor adjustment though.

>carburetor adjustment
Easy peasy on the shadows (if you know what to do)

Little bigger than should be recomended for a first bike but of youre not a retard you'll grow into it then out of it in a few seasons. Good price. Id grab it.

Funny I just found a 2002 shadow 1800cc I was thinking about buying as my first bike.

Buy it dude just do it.

Also hahaha manlet.

I have no clue about carburetors, so either I'll figure it out, leave it, or find someone.

I probably know a guy actually.

Yeah I originally didn't even want a cruiser (wanted a Suzuki sv650 for a while) but I saw this and the price was good and it made me really think.

Being a """manlet"""" was one of the reasons I was concerned, I sat on it and a few people told me it didn't look ridiculous or too big, hopefully that's alright.

Seems like a solid buy. It will serve you well for learning

Alright hopefully no one picks it from me by tomorrow i think I'll go for it.

Would you all recommend taking an MSF course or something or would having someone who knows sort of how to ride and riding in a small street or parking lot be good enough?

Cool. But it might be a bit harder to learn on. I don't mean it in the "You can't handle da power11!" meme, but in the size and weight context. It's a bit bulky.

I bought my bike zero riding experience, just revved the throttle. Got home, stalled the bike a few times figuring out how to work the clutch but eventually got it.

If you can ride a bicycle you can probably figure out a motorcycle in a day.

Yeah like I said I originally wanted something smaller and lighter but a deals a deal, gotta take what you can get when it's priced like that I guess.

Also I am a smaller guy.

I thought a lot of the MSF shilling sounded like a meme. Hoping you're right.

I got to do some shit like that for my full license anyway though I guess.

Yes 100% take the MSF course.
Use their bike just in case you drop it.
My brother my dad and me all ride i took the class and they didn't. They have both went down and i still have not.

fug the closest one is like an hour away.

This shit is multiple day too?

A course is good for anyone. I took one even when I had a permit and learned some shit. There were guys that were riding without for years that were in my class and they still learned some stuff.

3 days. 1 night (class) 2 mornings
It is worth it, besides you can take your permit and go to dmv and they just hand you your license

>take your permit go to the dmv and they hand you a license

Pretty sure here in KY you have to pass a safety course to get your full motorcycle license.

I really don't want to make 3 hour long trips 3 days in a row to take a course.

dont they have driving schools in burgerland or why is there some safety courses?

You don't need a driving school for a bike. You can just take a written test and jump on your bike with a permit. Then you can go straight for your license. Or you can go through 3rd party safety courses, who will give you a license upon completing.

what the fug :D

i got my license 3 days ago

first we had 6 hours of theory about motorcycle safety, driving lines and gear

then 20 hours of driving on track, slow speed slaloms, turns, emergency braking, high speed avoidance of potholes etc

followed by 4 hours on traffic with instructor

at last we had written exam, handling exam and driving exam

why is life at murica so easy

lmao your government treats you like children

it was really expensive too

fuck this, riot now

MSF is good especially for that bike.

Honestly, the MSF is more useful for perfecting little maneuvers like slow speed U turns and stuff. The kind of things that'll make you drop the bike if you're unprepared.

No, they do the safety test IN the course at the end. And they have the MSF in a lot of different locations, it won't be at your DMV. Definitely look into it.

Because we don't live in a nanny state and we like it that way (except for liberals)

i literally never rode a bike until after I had a license, took the test with a 150cc scooter through some cones and got a motorcycle license

Yea my father always joked about people like you. The guys who would rent a moped and take the test and then jump on their Goldwing and leave.

Try taking the test with a goldwing or any sport bike with clip ons. Its ridiculous. The test is made for a 1 cylinder 250cc bike.

Agreed. I wasn't bashing it, it's just cheating the system in a way. You'd would think the gov't wouldn't equate scooters with motorcycles for a test. The State is just ass-backwards as usual

>You'd would
Damn, time for bed