MT World's Greatest Drag Race - 6

Spoiler alert!

1st : Audi R8 V10 Plus
Last : Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE

youtube.com/watch?v=WoNAt9bQZtY

The Acura NSX was the quickest off the line.

Germany wins again!

The first and the last holders in the same frame.

>First

>Last

>I waste everyone time to show off and brag about my new car: the video
I'm not denying that there are facts in this video, but this guy seems to be full of himself, so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

>American cars are faster on technical racetracks than in drag races

What happened?

but where's the 1.3l multijet?

>over 13 seconds to 60

I'm growing a beard!

>Match up a 45K Camaro vs 100_K supercars and a 70K (After dealer price gauging) Shelby
>Match up a 455hp Camaro vs a set of cars that all have 500hp (except for a rear engined Porsche with launch control)
That's the problem. It's by far the cheapest there. Hell, even the 650hp ZL1 might be cheaper than that entire field when you account for the GT350's dealer markup.

bizarro universe.

>slowest car in your matchup runs a 12.4
That means all of the cars ahead of it are fast. Very fast.

Also, twice as expensive.

>Shelby, Camaro, Viper
Manuals in a DCT dragrace simply don't do well.
>Hellcat
Spun the tires, because it's overpowered on anything but a prepped racetrack with dedicated drag radials or slicks.

Americans want to be taken seriously by Europeans

>What happened?

Alt-Right.

Disappointed in the Viper's performance to be honest.

>Lots of power
>No traction (RWD)
>No launch control
>Manual
You could've seen that one coming.

watch it's laguna seca lap
it's hard to compete in this drag race in a car with manual transmission

Who are you talking about? Jason or Johnny?

Look at the arrangement here. It's like they already knew who's the fastest and purposely put an error towards the right. The 911 and the NSX should've interchanged their positions. Just saying because I'm a perfectionist.

America is becoming Europe and Europe to America.

It truly terrifies me to think about how fast that car would be around tracks if it did have DCT and Launch-control.

Even with a ZF 8 speed (which should bolt up, and should fit where the TR6060 does), it could pick up up to a full second on something like Laguna Seca.

Launch control doesn't matter for lap times, you're not doing any standing starts.

However, if Dodge had wanted to, they could've just made a run of 500 sequential manual, supercharged Viper ACR's for 250K USD, and they would've easily sold out. Those things would destroy everything.

It's a race car with the lap record on Laguna (by a wide margin). Not a drag racer. The park bench on the trunk will slow it down in a straight line.

I wanted to see what time the Aston got.

They reckoned it'd be the slowest on the field, even worse than the Camaro. Most online stuff I can find for the V12 Vantage S with a stick suggest somewhere between 12.1 and 12.5.

Good idea but there'd be one issue.

You can't beat a Ferrari, that's a no-no.
The last thing FCA wants is a competitor within the fold. That's why the 8C was a pile of shit, that's why you'll never get a Maserati that rivals Ferrari and that's why you're never seeing the Viper again...until Chrysler gets sold to another sucker, of course.

>german/japanese cars win drag race
>american cars win around corners

What universe is this and how do i get out?

My winner for this year is the 911. That car is an overachiever. In the drag race it left behind quite some cars, and kept up well with a couple of high end cars, and in Laguna seca it was .08 of a sec slower than the nsx, .33 of a sec slower than the mustang, and more than half a second faster than the GTR. How do they freaking do it?

Stubbornly stick to one core design and keep on improving it.

>You can't beat a Ferrari, that's a no-no.
For the last fucking time, Ferrari is being sold and exactly zero people inside of FCA give a shit about restraining themselves anymore.

Expect the Viper to be out of production for a year or two untill FCA gets their complete lineup going again, and then putting some engineering effort into it.

To be fair, the viper is pretty much a specialty car. Randy said it is just a street legal racecar.

>That car is an overachiever
>slower than the mustang
>$103,000 car
>slower than $65,000 car
>overachiever

The Maserati MC12 was a Ferrari Enzo only faster. The Viper just needs side-curtain airbags then it can be produced again (its current platform wouldn't support it without camaro-tier limited visibility)

It had the least power of all the competitors though.

Also, that Shelby is just really, really good.

I wonder why they don't just lop the top off like GM did with the C7.

>420hp base model of the lineup grand tourer
>526hp top of the line and track ready sports car

Yes it is an overachiever, performance wise.

>I wonder why they don't just lop the top off like GM did with the C7.
What do you mean

>45k Camaro you can comfortably drive on the street is a tenth second slower than a 135k track car that scrapes everywhere

Holy fuck

The GT350R also weighs 3600 lbs. the Carrera S weighs 3100.

Nothing new here, the M4 has been a massive disappointment in all its forms.

>3000lb grand tourer
>4000lb track ready sports car

never go full retard.

A Camaro zl1 would of destroyed that shitstang, or that charger failcat.

>would of

Yes, Would of.

GM offers the C7 Corvette as both a coupe and a convertible, this means they don't need to have side impact airbags.

If the Viper was converted to a convertible, it'd mean no side impact airbags whatsoever, for both vert and coupe.

And the mustang has better suspension setup, better brakes more ridgidity and aero.
It's a 500 pound difference and while the stang is indeed heavier, the 911 is set for the street in mind and it has an all around less agressive setup.

kek

>hurr durr watch me drool

Those two presenters are the shittiest of em all. They try to act funny and shit and fails in it miserably. Randy on the other hand is cool AF and seems the better one than those two.

>tfw the slowest car is 1/2s faster in the 1/4 than mine

i actually like jonny and adam sandler. although i do miss carlos lagos, he had something to him. very passionate

Johnny is the least funny jew I've ever seen on a screen

Not only did the viper beat all the others on this list but by 4 seconds. It beat the piss out of them.

My question is why didn't they use the Corvette instead of the Camaro

I wonder how much better it would have done without the wing

I wonder how much of the poor ET and mph was because of crap driving and how much was the drag of the downforce-oriented aero. 124mph isn't a great trap speed for a 3,400lb 650hp car.

Difference being the vette was designed as a convertible from the ground up while a topless snek would have the rigidity of half cooked spaghetti.

Because there's no new Corvette model for 2016, but there is a new Camaro - the 1LE.

A spaghetti Viper would be better than no Viper at all.

Boo fucking hoo. Damage control.

If grandma had balls, she'd be grandpa

I actually want to see Randy reviewing a car. Randy seems to be the only one that puts down honest feedback on every car he drives.

Porsche 911 GT3 RS ignition episode.

And yes, he is great at reviewing.

a little help from Randy Pobst and Motor Trend
They have to help American cars companies

Damn, crank up the boost on this car and it'll be the fastest of the bunch by a large margin

The sole reason it was faster off the line was because of the electric motors. Then the weight kept it behind the R8.

this. notice how they lined the cars up with what they thought would be the fastest in the middle and the slowest at the sides so they'd get a nice V shape at the finish. but no, the porsche did better then they expected

>Manuals in a DCT dragrace simply don't do well.

>literally admitting auto is superior

They're faster. Not superior.

Talks about DCT as if they aren't more manual than auto. That's full blown nigger levels of retard.

>operates the clutch automatically
>can shift gears automatically
>more manual than auto

they did that intentionally, user.

It's a way of framing and providing a secondary and deeper point of interest in the content.

That

>even motortrend wasn't expecting it

is a way to create a conversation around the brand and makes the piece less predictable.

t. assmad GM fangirl

What?
They already know the on-paper performance and having a real nice V shape at the end looks cool.
Its just good planning to set the cars like that, looks all symmetrical and shit.

You gotta remember nigger retards complete and utter lack of mechanical knowledge leads them to argue shallow semantics over function in an effort to come off as condescending. Like this nigger retard for example

This. It's blindingly obvious to predict the GM product is going to be the slowest.

Never thought the Acura NSX was that quick.

Yes, and the gas engine only makes like 450bhp, so crank up the boost to compensate for the weight and it'll be faster

>I disagree the truth and everyone should be with me

What car would be better in a drga race? The Snek or the Corvette?

This just made me want a Charger pretty bad.

I hated all the other generations but I really like this one. I think it would look good with a Viper style wing tho

I love how gm fangirls are raging that they lost as usual

What? No 7 seat family car? Not a real drag race.

America likes to make muscle cars (Heavy ass cars with a massive engine for POWER) and nothing else.