Are you an Veeky Forumsrgan donor?

Are you an Veeky Forumsrgan donor?

Will you be harvested after your inevitable crash from being too much of a sick cunt on the road?

Yep. I ride a bike so may as well. Mates call me a mobile organ donor.

no, but it's ok. My inevitable crash will save hospital bed space by averting cancer and alzheimer's treatments

Yes, my friends say they will let me die to harvest my organs.

mfw I don't want to be resuscitated if I'm that far gone anyways.

I am, I wasn't before my last renewal.

In the event of a life threatening accident, you're more likely to die if you're an organ donor, because the doctors would rather harvest your organs than save you.
I mean, I'm one anyway but only because I really really like that Rerulili song but not became I give a fuck about helping people.

No, I like them where they are.

Everyone in my country is an organ doner by law, unless you opt out.

Yeah, Jamal would be upset if he couldn't get up in them guts because you donated them all.

No way, I don't want some dieing guy touching my junk.

I wish there was a way to sell my entire body to science, so my loved ones get a hefty sum in case I die and don't need to worry about burying me. Also yay for contributing to medical research.

>In the event of a life threatening accident, you're more likely to die if you're an organ donor, because the doctors would rather harvest your organs than save you.

In China, prisoners can "voluntarily" donate organs and they frequently do. Complications can result in death though. Since people can be executed just for being hooligans under the hooliganism law (see national geographic documentary), those people automatically donate their organs.

It's why executions are done with a bullet to the head so as not to damage the body parts with lethal injection.

Dude, this is baby mode redpill.
Your bill for a car accident could range between $200k to $500k dollars depending on the situation. Conversely, on average, 3.3 organs can be harvested for transplant, ranging in value from $200k to almost a million.
One surgery for a few hundred thousand dollars or 3-4 surgeries for between two and three million dollars? It's not hard to figure out.

Yeah but the only organ of mine they'll want is my dick for penis transplants

You are both retarded. Doctors dont profit from your organs, no one would let you die for organs, except if you are being treated at a hospital in wild Mexico or some of the shittier american ones.

>what is the Pythagorean oath
Fucking imbeciles

>Doctors dont profit from your organs
That's certifiably false. Organs are very valuable. Where do you think that money goes? Even in a nonprofit hospital, it might not go into their pockets but it's getting spent on the hospital.

Also, look into organ donor treatment. It's fucking terrifying. The test for determining if you're brain dead or not is if you stop responding to stimuli and if you stop breathing on your own. Then they hook you up to life support and can stay there for weeks. You're called a beating heart cadaver. Even if you start breathing again, you're still considered brain dead, and brain dead bodies still react to surgery, when they start cutting you (which you of course don't get anesthesia for because you're dead) your heart rate will increase and your blood pressure will go up. Doctors aren't really sure if brain dead people can feel pain but they don't care. Some people are considered brain dead even though they still show higher brain activity when tested. Doctors get around this by just not doing that test.
Can you imagine being trapped in your body like that, fully conscious but unable to move, for weeks, then being sliced open and carved up and there's nothing you can do? It's truly a fate worse than death.

>Pythagorean oath
Is this supposed to be a joke or are you retarded?

>Doctors dont profit from your organs
Yes they do. They band together to own separate diagnostic services, lab service centers, MRI scan centers, and organ processoring centers. That is how it is done in my area as the HMO doesn't even own an MRI as advanced as the ones the doctors own right next to the hospital itself.

In my parents' city (my old hometown), the main MRI facility is owned by a group of doctors. The hospital sends patients there for scanning. Doctors have the medical charging system all planned out for milking. SO of course they will specify procedures or cases that send business profits their way.

I think you need to go Google braindeath

Yes. I won't be using them when I'm gone

That goes out the window when people start making bank

I was an organ donor, but after our local hospital got caught doing some shady shit (Kid was in a car crash, unknown condition, hospital declared him a vegetable and harvested his organs before the parents could arrive, and eventually it was discovered the hospital didn't even have the equipment or the doctors to make that call), I changed mine to no.

Your next of kin or whoever you designate can actually donate your organs anyway if you don't leave it checked, so long as you don't expressly forbid it in legal terms elsewhere. I'd rather them make the call.

I think you need to study reality. You can say that things don't happen because it is illegal. Shoplifting is illegal. Yet it occurs with epidemic frequency. Murder is illegal. Yet it goes on reliably year after year.

White collar crimes are illegal yet hundreds of billions goes on every year. Hillary has done a lot of illegal things decade after decade yet gets out of them thru technicalities as she is a professional lawyer who knows how to push the edge.

The organ donor trade and profiteering is real and goes on in the USA. There's high profit since the source of organs is FREE as they are donors. Donated blood is sold at high profit too. The "charity" usa red cross has high salaries for its employees and also high costs for the agencies and contractors it hires to do relief work. Who owns those agencies and contractors? Family and friends? So you see part of the problem with the entire medical industry. That came out back when Elizabeth Dole (wife of presidential candidate Bob Dole) was head of the american Red Cross charity. There was some outrage over organ donation profiteering back then too.

My organs are most likely no good, I pitty the bastard that gets any of my organs.

An no, I want my organs drenched in gas and burned, put into a urn and accidentally thrown out by my alcoholic dad several years later

Care to point out what part of what I said is incorrect? Genuinely interested to hear how little you know, because everything I said is fact.

Yup, registered donor

I swear upon completion of my education and practice of medicine to uphold that the square sum of two sides of a right triangle equals the square of its hypotenuse

>Yup, registered donor

quote:
Typically, about 110,000 people in the U.S. are awaiting an organ transplant, according to Rebecca Ousley, spokeswoman for OPO Lifesource, which covers Minnesota, North and South Dakota and part of western Wisconsin. Each day, she explained, 18 people die before they can receive a transplant and 100 people are added to the national transplant waiting list. One person can save or heal up to 60 lives through organ and tissue donation, according to Ousley.

I'm also signed up thru my driver license as an organ donor. While I don't like all those rich doctors making yet even more money "selling" my organs for profit thru their partnership organ processing centers, the fact is that real people do need the organs. So I am just looking at helping the patients and not worrying about the legalized profiteering of donations. It's morally wrong, but many doctors and companies are certainly in it for the money.

They can extract that five quarts of 20W5 blood from me. Sorry, bad Veeky Forums joke.

>My organs are most likely no good, I pitty the bastard that gets any of my organs.

At the very least they harvest corneas. And even if bad, they can use cartilage and other substances like ligaments. A dead organ is still useful for medical students who will purchase your organs thru their lab fees to dissect and study. So your body has a lot of value. I know that because my university runs a large medical and research hospital. It's actually the main hospital in the region. Some medical students of mine told me about some of their lab classes and how they got donor bodies of various different ages to dissect out of car accidents.

No. I leave the decision to whoever has power of attorney over me. I realize that once you're dead, your organs are no good for you, and I once was (as a child, I thought I would) register as an organ donor. It really can fuck with the grieving process for living relatives.

Here's the story (I'll try to keep brief)
>a father/husband is on his way home from work, falls asleep on train
>he wakes up, realizing the train is at his station
>tries to get off
>the conductor doesn't properly verify the doors are closed before moving
>the start of movement of the train results in a misstep by the husband, hits his head hard against the platform
>massive brain swelling

Basically he became beyond hope, it was tremendously tragic for his wife and young kids. Eventually, things made a turn for the worse (not just brain dead but function started to suffer, e.g. vitals)

And that's where things got rough.

You see, they tell you that organ donation doesn't interfere with an open casket funeral. And that's true: If they take your heart or your liver, who is going to see if they stitch you back shut? But they can take other organs too. They can tell you, oh, we can shove in metal rods for bone donation, and say "you can still have an open casket funeral".

Well, yeah. You can. But if you thought dead bodies were creepy, wait until you see one where they cut out the corneas and tried to shove some filler shit back in there to make the eyelids not completely droop in. If you actually read some of the documentation on it, they say "little to no change in apperance". The problem with the human brain is uncanny valley. Seeing someone you love with changes to their face, however small, can be extremely traumatic.

You can do whatever you find best for you, but for me, I'll leave the decision to next of kin. They can give however much of my body they want to science or other people. That's a choice for them to make though.

>sperm donor

>don't register as organ donor
>include in last will and testament that in the event of brain death, you want your organs donated
>get into an accident, doctors don't know about your will, only know you aren't an organ donor, work their asses off to save you
>it can't be helped, you're braindead
>next of kin are now in possession of your body and can talk to the doctors, requesting additional thorough brain scans to absolutely confirm higher brain death and request anaesthetics during surgery just in case, and leaving face in tact for open casket funeral
Win win situation. There's absolutely no reason to register as an organ donor. As an organ donor, you're giving all rights to your body to the doctor. I'm the event of an accident, neither you nor your family have any say in the matter.

>A dead organ is still useful for medical students who will purchase your organs thru their lab fees to dissect and study.

I don't directly profit from that, so no.
If they wanna pay me 1000 bucks NOW to sign a piece of paper saying they can have all my organs and body parts but my dick, then I would go for it.

>Pythagorean

>Are you an Veeky Forumsrgan donor?

Remember who you donated the organ to. You didn't donate the organ to a patient. You donated it for harvesting by a "for profit" medical organization. That organization then transfers the organ for a processing fee to the hospital where the recipient is. The recipient then pays a huge fee for the donated organ.

You're just making the medical profession that much richer. No patient gets the "donations" because they have to pay thirty five thousand to hundreds of thousands of dollars for your organ.

Because the price varies greatly in my area for the same donated FREE organ, that means the price differences are due to what profit schemes are added on for "processing" that organ.

If the recipient is on welfare, then the taxpayer foots the huge bill for both the acquisition of the organ, the transplatation, and the post-operative care for the permanently disabled welfare case. However, if the welfare recipient dies for lack of an organ, then there is no more drain upon the taxpayer.

Anyways, I am signed up as organ donor on my driver's license. That removes the ability to deny from my family. They would probably deny due to religious belief in proper burial of the whole body as opposed to cremation. And they also remember the part in the Bible about buried bodies. So they are all for burying the body whole in a casket in a nice green lawn area.

>Are you an Veeky Forumsrgan donor?

I was turned down when they found out I drove a Miata.

>Pythagorean

Also it could be argued that they're doing less overall harm letting someone terminally injured die to save the lives of several others.

If you don't have the organ donor thing, the hospitals have to ask your relatives/whatever if it's okay to donate.

Which is "no" (btw)

>the hospitals have to ask your relatives/whatever if it's okay to donate.

My relatives are aware of the profiteering nature of all these organ banks registered as "non profit organizations". So until the laws are changed to prevent the profiteering of donations by rich doctors and their descendants, and laws are changed to allow both doctors and medical companies to compete on the open market fairly by advertising lower prices, the answer is "no".

Without pressure for reform (no more donations), the doctors and these fake non-profit corporations are going to continue on with their profiteering and abuse of donations.

>all this doctor blaming.
>not realizing most of them are employed directly by the hospital
>not blaming the HMO's and other non-medical administrative jews who pad your hospital bill.

It's like you guys don't even know healthcare.

The private doc who bills for himself died a long time ago.

Look up Hospitalist medicine.

underrated post

Why wouldn't I?

People who say "I don't because I'm more likely to die so the hospital can harvest me!" are probably the same retards who say "I don't wear a helmet or gear when I ride because if I crash I'd rather die than be a vegetable!"

my only issue with being an organ donor is that they'll take your skin too

audibly kek'd

Jesus christ you monglord is hippopotomical oath

What the hell dont you understand about organ DONOR

Against the Hippocratic oath.

Kek.

>donate to charity
>they don't cut me a check for $1,000
wtf

>donate to charity
You are not donating to a true charity. Not all non profit organizations or charity foundations are true charities. There are non-profits foundations created by rich people to shield wealth from taxes for example. They are set up cleverly to have tax exempt status with the IRS to look like a charity. In my state, you only need to expend 1% of the new acqusitions on actual charity work but that charity work can be the purchase of goods and services from another non-profit. The non-profit then hires certain people (such as members of the founders' families or their friends) to sinecure jobs that overpay huge salaries.

Foundation "charities" can also have one-time jobs such as hiring you to trim a bush for $5000. But if you do the foundation principals a favor, their foundation would hire you again to trim a different bush for $20,000.

So just because some corporation has 501c status doesn't necessarily make it a true charity. It just means the lawyers set up the _group_ of non-profit corporations properly so that the main corporation in that group has 501c status and the other non-profits of the group cooperate in order to make sure that foundation keeps its 501c qualification.

No, I'll take my organs with me. Enjoy your liver failure, alcoholics.

it's the Hypothermic oath you drooling mongrel.

>Against the Hippocratic oath.
If you're Muslim, you cannot swear the actual Hippocratic Oath as it invokes heresy by affirming Apollo. Anyways, the oath is not the real thing just as shoplifting laws don't stop people from profiting at the victim's expense.

What makes for doctor performance standards is the constant testing and verification provided by lawyers and their malpractice lawsuits. Heck, a lot of the existing medical laws and hospital safety requirements were caused by lawsuits.

I drive safely though. Anybody that doesn't deserves to have their vitals scrapped.

If you're a real alcoholic, and doctors can tell, they don't give you priority unless you've been in recovery for a while

Muslims are shitskins and need to be eradicated, this is just one more reason to do so.

And yes you're right about laws not preventing anyone from actually commiting a crime, but doctors also have codes of ethics and licensing boards that hold them to that.

This. I added the organ donor thing to my license when I got a motorcycle endorsement. I remember taking the MSF training course and an ambulance drove by the parking lot really slowly.. they were looking at us like cattle lined up for the slaughterhouse.

No, they can give your penis to another man who was irresponsible with his own and it gets to go on adventures without you.
that is an unacceptable condition to maybe possibly saving a kids life or something.

Back to your containment board, you fucking normalfag.

I wanna do this.

Whenever I think about this I scare myself shitless. Am I the only one?

neck yourself mohammed

Jesus christ, troll harder if you can mistake Pythagorean Theorem with the L'Hopital Oaths

This. Also a motorcyclist.

Also, the whole "YOU'RE GONNA DIE IF YOU'RE A DONOR" is stupid, unsourced FUD. If you don't wanna donate, fine but don't scare everyone with fairytales.

There's also forensics who can use a body to solve murders. I remember reading an article how they used bodies to see how they fertilized the ground even after they fully decomposed so they can be detected from a plane.