Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UiSB2Fbw9gs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God that's tragic looking

So you're not ready??

This render is fucking years old.

How would you know this?

I'm saving for one.
2nd year though, I'll wait until the bugs are worked out.

Even my dead grandma knows that's an old concept drawing.

Another Ferrari lookalike

Not a real corvette any more

People have been anticipating a mid engine vette for literally decades. It's never gonna happen.

If Ford had the nerve to make this shitbox, any THING is possible.

only if 4 rotor powerplant option

Keep the Corvette as a V8 GT type car and stop trying to make it an Italian knockoff supercar. Then GM can release the mid-engine one as a new car, preferably under the Cadillac brand.

From what I've heard they are making the Corvette a brand. why not have more Corvette types to appeal to more people which means more costumers? the C7 was successful and a money printer at this point. People are hungry for Electric stuff like Tesla so there will most definitely be a Electric or Hybrid Corvette and people will buy it in droves if its the only electric sporty thing on the market (5,000 lb tesla PD is a bit much for the track) Musk already proved it could be done with the Roadster which was just an electric Elise.

The standard FR Corvette isn't going anywhere and will just remain "Stingray". "E-ray" name has been picked up so that kinda leads me to believe the Corvette brand thing is happening and "Stingray" is the name for their RWD vettes and "Zora" is the name of their Mid-engine'd vette and "E-ray" will be the electric all under one brand "Corvette".

>stop trying to make it an Italian knockoff supercar

Why is everything Mid-engined a Ferrari or R8 knockoff? if the New Ford GT wasn't styled after its 60s predecessor people would probably be calling it a knock off of something else too just like they did both NSXs.

I'm not saying it would be a Ferrari wannabe if it were mid-engine, I'm saying they tried way too hard to make the C7 look like something it shouldnmt be.

Never gonna happen.

This. That's a goddamn Fiero. GM needs to recognize.

think of how many senile boomers will crash this.
on the other hand, it might be easy as fuck to drive because chevy doesn't want to lose its senile boomer market.
hmmmmmm

Here

>damage control

Corvettes were never easy to drive

I'm glad (You) learned a new word today but please look up what it means before you start throwing it out.

used, mass-produced mid-engined supercars priced under $40,000 with nationwide parts support and reasonable maintenance costs when?

I am so hard for this you don't even know

If GM doesn't follow through I'm going to be so fucking mad...

I bet a bunch of other people are thinking the same way and what if for whatever reason they don't sell well and GM just doesn't produces that many and the ones that end up on the used market carry some kind of meme-tax because the standard Corvette buyer will always go for the base-model automatic stingray/convertible.

>snap oversteer heaven
>boomers dunno what to do

Looks like it can eat a Furd Gran Autismo and shit it out.

Fix or repair daily, beware.

>egg and spoon races

... @ the limit

>Never gonna happen

It already happened. Multiple times.

If you can't beat em, join em

Mid engine cars are going to be completely stopped being made by 2020 because of snap oversteer so no.

Why would you drive a car when any moment the car could swap ends on you and it wouldn't be your own fault? This is why the Fiero and the MR2 were discontinued and scrapped.

What will they call it, though?

If they call it the Chevy Fiero I swear to god I'll personally burn down GM headquarters.

>Why would you drive a car when any moment the car could swap ends on you and it wouldn't be your own fault? This is why the Fiero and the MR2 were discontinued and scrapped.
Fiero and MR2 didn't have AYC, TC, or other electronic aids. The MR2 only had ABS.

good one m8

>mfw everywhere I read says it will be priced "well above" $100,000

Snap oversteer isn't something that happens out of the blue, if it happens it is driver error. Granted having cars like an MR2 are tricky to drive at first due to their different nature but if driven properly at the limit, snap oversteer will never be a problem.

The vast majority of issues with this kind of oversteer are people trying to correct their line mid corner, easing up on the throttle too quickly or braking too abruptly upsets the balance and will throw it out of whack and will probably result in a spinout.

I really do think mid engined cars with no electronic aids are pure enthusiast cars because they really do demand the fundamentals from the driver and are unforgiving to error. Having said that, the traction advantage if driven properly is quite noticeable over FR cars.

yea even teh aero vette looks better

How do I kill people over the Internet? I want you gone.

>any moment the car could swap ends on you and it wouldn't be your own fault

learn to drive MR before doing heroic shit

if you dont brake mid-corner you dont have this problem

the back end doesn't "Just decide" to be in the front suddenly

this is how they bring back Pontiac.

thank you so much for saying this. I completely agree, MR with no assists is god-tier.

cant wait for my Fiero race car to be done.

>GM announces the reveal of an MR car in an auto show
>The silhouette makes it obvious
>It's a midship Corvette
>Lights dim, this song starts playing while informercials from 80s pontiacs start playing in the big screen behind it: youtube.com/watch?v=UiSB2Fbw9gs
>"In association with Corvette racing, we present you the new Pontiac Fiero!"
>"This is the first car from the new and refreshed sports oriented line up we will offer with pontiac!"

And then General Motors made a lot of money.

MY COCK IS SO HARD QUIT TEASING ME

GTFO!!

>bring back Pontiac.

Not going to happen after the bailout of GM and the Treasury's holdings still worth less than what they paid for. It'll be like someone arrested for selling loose cigarettes and then doing it again later.

>epic Pontiac revival
>epic Fiero revival
HHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGNGGGGGNGGGGGGGGG

Long as it still has a targa top I'm happy

Honestly think that IF this car manages to take off to compete at Ferrari/Lambo levels. I see this car replacing the vette and the Camaro moving up to the spot the vette once held.

At this point the new Camaros are pretty fucking powerful. Once they shave more weight off the car it will be there. The current camaro beats the new mustang and i dont see that changing anytime soon.

Is that official or a "leak"?

Why not a Corvette brand Supercar?

>All Carbon Fiber body
>V8 Engine Twin Charged with 2 Turbos
>Two Electric Engines in the back ala NSX for that instant Torque on top of the V8s retarded amounts of Torque
>Roll cage'd
>Nothing luxury aside aside from AC and an Aux port
>Ability to Run off solely the Electric engine for those sweet tax kick backs
>Made in America, by Americans
>New front end inspired by the C3, pop up lights and all
>RWD with a Viper style wing for max down force

Corvette Mako Shark, $200,000 USD

Would you?

I don't think the Corvettes are marketed towards Boomers. My Dad had a Hellcat Challenger and traded it in for a 2009 C6. Said the Challenger was made for old men who like to drive boats.

Zora is turning over in his grave

also C3 front end would never make it in modern era without becoming a bloated mockery of itself

It becomes a fiberglass knee guillotine to pedestrians and a wedge to jam itself anything with a higher ride height than a shopping cart, which can turn very badly if you are moving along at a good enough speed

Safety standards are fucking cancer

WHY THE HELL DOES CORVETTE ALWAYS COPY FERRARI-DESIGNS!?!?!?
REEEEEEEEEEEE

Americant car, number of fucks given could be counted on OP's dicks. 0

It always wanted to be Ferrari so might as well go all the way.