Guys I'm lost

Guys I'm lost.

>1999 4 cyl camry ce
>it shakes when idle in drive/reverse
>replaced mounts
>cleaned out throttle and idle valve
>replaced bent up rims and tires
>still shakes

Now it only shakes when the AC is on. Without it it has a 90% chance of not shaking. And when it does shake without the AC, its not that bad. Help.

It probably just shakes. Unless it's throwing codes I wouldn't worry.

Vacuum leak

I replaced the hoses and air intake hose

Check engine light?

Alt loose?

Yes. Spark plugs have been replaced too.

Do your spark plugs have any oil on them?

Nope. Checked them today after work.

Im still new to cars. Do you mean alternators?

Mine used to do the same and it turned out my spark plug tubes needed resealing because the plugs were getting absolutely covered in oil.

He means check is the alternator belt is loose or not.

Also, if you do find out the problem, tell me what it was. I'm interested.

Wouldn't have that problem with a v8. It's better balanced.

Actually in response to that, by 'shaking' do you mean that the car just shakes, or is there a large fluctuation in engine RPM.

If it only happens like you said with the AC on, I wouldn't worry about it.

Ah, okay. That was one if the first things I checked actually. They seem to be real tight. Someone mentioned to take out the freon in the AC line to make it stop shaking. I'm not sure exactly how to suck the freon out.

I got a budget because I'm a poor fag

Yeah it only happens with the AC on every time no matter how hot or cold the engine is. And yes the entire car shakes.

I wouldn't fuck with the freon without a special machine, it badly damages the environment and its not a good idea to just start fucking around with your AC system.

Its probably just the AC compressor starting and stopping, they're not meant to run continuously.

Hm, okay. One more thing, it starts as soon and I turn on my AC. No delay or anything. I'm gonna get it rechecked by my mechanic friend since I fixed all of the above.

Seriously think it's just the shitty 4 banger shaking at such a low RPM. It's a 2.4 liter so the engine is on the large side for a 4 pot. There is a reason few engines go over 2.4 liters. The AC makes the engine strain even more at idle. Put it in neutral at a stop and you'll notice it shake a lot less at stops.

Does the car shake for the entire duration the AC is on, or does it shake and then stop for a while until it starts shaking again?

Yeah i noticed at 2 and N its completely normal. Well I appreciate the help. I'll just run this car and maintain it til it dies out and buy a new one. Thanks again and good night

Shakes the whole time but lessens just barely at random times.

You can always just leave the car parked and check if it shakes the most when the compressor is running.

It doesnt shake at all in park though
When it does its very rare

Does it shake at specific rpms?

Sounds like your compressor fly wheel for ac is out of balance or your composite is shit. The wheel spins all the time but when you turn on the aca clutch engages and the compressor actually runs.your problem is in the compressor. Either don't run the ac or realize it's going to shit one day.

Call to an ac shop or three. It's amazing what you can learn without even taking it in.

Does it shake under load/acceleration with AC already on or at speed when you add the AC?

When i press the acccelerator in general it goes away. Brake + accelerator makes it go away too.

I hacent checked my rpm yet since I dont have anything to measure it with yet. After work today I'll go and find one.

Valves are not sealing

I have the exact same issue with a Toyota Yaris. I haven't bothered trying to diagnose it yet, I'm assuming it's electrical, my first attempt (when I get off my lazy ass) is to replace the spark plugs, and clean the coil contacts to see if that balances out the power in the cylinders.

Careful not to over-torque your spark plugs, they are meant to be seated in at 18 ft-lbs on most toyota engines, more than that and it won't like the angle of the spark gap, and yes, that does make a difference on these engines, not to mention you could damage the threads.

I'm also convinced this engine is not getting enough air, I haven't got a test to prove this, it just feels like it's suffocating. So I'm also going to take apart the intake and check for shit in there.
Just a thought.

All right one more question guys. What's something good I can put under the hood of my car? Today I just got the cloth/weird material under the hood to hang loose in one end. Would I use aluminum tape or ductape or what?

Whatever can hold up to heat.

What have you got on hand?

Aluminum tape, ductape and some gorilla glue.