Do turbos work like ricers say?

>Why do ricers believe in them so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eA5kj1lSMBo
speedwaymotors.com/Weiand-7109-61-6-7-8-71-Supercharger-8mm-Pitch-Drive-Pulley-61-Count,145254.html?sku=425710961&utm_medium=CSEGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&gclid=CKPwpunhps8CFZSGfgod6zwE9Q
summitracing.com/parts/wnd-91201
youtube.com/watch?v=HjApe2C8_h4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>2-4k for a turbo kit
>push the engine as high as possible
>if it blows spend a few hundred bucks on a new one

>build an engine from the ground
>not anywhere near the same output
>cam/rods/pistons alone = the cost of the turbo in price
>if you have to get one off parts look at 1000-1500 dollar per part.

Turbos can offer a huge peak power number, and people will be impressed because they haven't seen the power curve. Or you can tune it like a normal person and get moderate numbers. It also allows better performance without needing an engine swap

what do ricers say? sorry, i don't spend my time around them.

When racing from a roll you can just brake boost.

the concept of that movie is a snail high on nitrous...

youtube.com/watch?v=eA5kj1lSMBo

I never understood why so many of these comparisons tune the fuck out of the turbo setup, yet don't even change supercharger pulleys.

A pulley upgrade is physically changing the supercharger, a tune is just getting correct AFR with the turbo.

Plus a Pulley cost like 800 dollars.

speedwaymotors.com/Weiand-7109-61-6-7-8-71-Supercharger-8mm-Pitch-Drive-Pulley-61-Count,145254.html?sku=425710961&utm_medium=CSEGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&gclid=CKPwpunhps8CFZSGfgod6zwE9Q
What?

summitracing.com/parts/wnd-91201

There's no top pulley in that kit, just a tensioner and belt

Forced induction is the cheapest option for a major gain in horsepower. Most stock cars can only handle 8-15lbs of boost on average, but an engine with stronger internals can handle much more making for an engine that can run rich and push out tons of power.

It's the best option period.

>On E85
theres the meme

>making a movie about a racing snail and calling him "Turbo"

...I just realized the cleverness of this

can you explain the E85 meme?

thanks senpai

Literally replacement for displacement

E85 has about 1/3 more resistance to its heat value than average gasoline, making it much more efficient to burn(depending on your timing setup of course) aswell as having a higher octane content.
don't let that shit sit in your car over 18-24 hours though, sediments will fuck your car, you at least need to start the engine once in that time period for a few minutes to keep the fuel moving a bit.

turbo technology has gone way past the 4 cylinder honda. i go to a lot of drag races in the summer time. the real contenders now are the guys with turbo small blocks and big blocks. hell you can turbo a junkyard small block to 1000hp no problem. they even make a special carb for it these days thats great too

it is also much more viscose due to it being a corn product, so treat it sorta like diesel, you need larger injectors to run the stuff. I think its a silly waste but some people worship the stuff

until you nut your stock fucking fucking gearbox and are out $800 because you run that shit too lean

Can you explain why you're in the presence of civilized people. Kek.

yeah you'd want a bigger carb than that, thats just an example

youtube.com/watch?v=HjApe2C8_h4

In-Store Pickup:Choose In-store pick-up (OH, GA, NV) on our web site.
Weiand supercharger pulley upgrade kits are heavy-duty kits that are designed to upgrade your B&M or Holly kit from 6-rib to 10-rib. They include a tensioner, a 10-rib belt, a lower 6 in. pulley, a tensioner mounting bracket with a fixed idler pulley, and mounting hardware.

yeah I get you, but that much power in a stock GB is why people fuck up when they LS swap dinky cars. That and the mount rattle shakes their tranny to shit. I have seen too many swapped block that i could jiggle by hand almost

GTFO you ricer!!!

do you know what a small/big block is

This is the hardware needed to run a sc which you don't need a different one for every different ratio

It reduce the chances of knock
But you need to burn more of it for the same power but with a good tune you can achieve more power with only more fuel

Do you mean the normal definition of ricer, as in someone who modifies their car to look fast without boosting it's performance? Or do you mean the Murrifat definition of it, as in someone who modifies an import car?

Why would you assume there are two separate definitions when the first one is the definitive definition?

>been driving a 2016 Tiguan lately because reasons
>turboed
>slow as fuck until the turbo spools up
>goes from "We ain't found shit" to F&F at about 3k RPM
>the transmission never lets it get above 3k RPM unless you are literally flooring it
It's fucking awful, thing is never in the powerband unless you use the manumatic thing. It goes into 6th gear at like 35MPH.

Next time dont buy an autotragic man