>fun and another test of skill adding to the sport value

>>Nips want everything to be auto
Really?

I think automatic is more popular in Japan than in North America

Really

America

>auto sports car
>fastest lap times possible

Veeky Forums considers DCT's and other automated manuals to be automatic.

DCTs shift faster than you can, frogcuck

>nips want all auto

not necessarily.
On the used car market there, any sporty or fashionable car is more expensive as a manual.

>drive auto sportscar
>never going to change muh AUTO TRANS V8

manual is superior for fuel efficiency and reliability so its better for daily drivers. but for pure performance and acceleration auto rwd is the way to go

>tfw raced mustang 4.6l 2v vert manual in my LS1 auto trans am earlier today
>i see his car dip and dive as he tries to shift from 1-2
>fly past him still in 1st

short gear ratio manual meme
>not getting walked by tall geared V8s

i've heard they buy automatic NSX's and swap them to manual on purpose because the auto engine had more low end torque

Nobody everything needs to be either A) Manual or B) SMT/Double clutch

Funny thing is some dude once said he got 10-12 mpg with his four manual 400 (6.6L). Never told him my 455 (7.5L) got a 15mpg trip as a 3 automatic average about 2.5k rpm.
>70's musclecars

If anyone driven anything larger than 6 liters in a 1/2 ton car I can tell you that the gears shift almost unnoticeable every 1.5k rpm threshold, unlike some of the better skilled individuals with a manual always shift when the engine sounds past 2k-3k rpm. Everyone knows that more revolutions is more fuel passed, especially when there is a carburetor involved.

>Auto econobox and not a sport trim.

Manual for ecoshit
Manual for sports
DCT for racing

Last time I went there everyone owns a hybrid, auto shitbox, or auto kei van.

>dual clutch
You sure American manufacturers can dubble clutch gud enough yet?

Pic related. Refer to FSA 14M01.

>>auto sports car
>>fastest lap times possible
>>manual sports car
>>fun and another test of skill adding to the sport value
Yep, bench racers are winning over people who actually enjoy driving

japan is like 95%> auto vehicles

no, the engines are the same.
the reason they do that is because the general consensus is that auto nsx's are owned by the types who won't track them or push the cars hard.

I think they're a lot cheaper than the manuals also, so you're saving money & most likely getting a car that hasn't been thrashed.

>tfw my preffered econobox comes in only manuel or cvt
>tfw i really wanted dat dct so bad
Manuel it is.

>FSA 14M01
Worst car I've ever owned was a Ford Fiesta with this problem, transmission got replaced within the first year or so of owning it, then another one a year or so after that. Basically each new transmission would give you a few month of shudder free driving and then it'd go to shit and you'd have this awful feeling vehicle as you waited 4 months for the dealer to get a new transmission in.

Fucking garbage cars

Have you ever driven a 50s land barge?
That's what my boomer parents told me when they refused to teach me how to use stick. I don't care now though because cars already come loaded with a bunch of shit I don't want anyways.

Slushboxes will fight you on a track and will bog down in corners. So unless you're specifying Dct or triptronic, no autos are not faster on a traditional road course track

Which shows most in here have a fundamental lack of understanding what the difference between them and traditional autos are.

Cvts are getting faster than manuald, heck maybe a year fron now theyll be on the next corvette

I've noticed it's mostly automatic econobox drivers that just outright lie in favor of actual facts
>muh fwd is just as good rwdcucks

>Takes forever and a day to wind up to the proper ratio
Vs
>shifting immediately to the right ratio.

troll a little harder.

>meaningless benchracing from a meme website is only right when my cherrypicking agrees with me

Oh? I thought you liked facts? Or will you shift into muh feels or muh fun?

Too bad Honda hasn't made a good car in over 15 years

>manual is superior for fuel efficiency
Kek

Do you manually operate the clutch pedal and shift forks? No? And they have "D" modes? DCTs are automatics. Think about what the word actually means. It doesn't mean "has a torque converter".

Murricans

Automatic is a hydraulic-shifting transmission
Manual is a mechanical-shifting transmission
CVTs don't shift, they change gear ratios instead

This. So much. Godamn it civic.

I'd like to see sources for your special snowflake definition

Autos are more expensive and use more fuel than manuals especially mated to smaller engines with a tight torque range, so an econobox with an auto is by definition not a good one. Maybe it's a good conveniencebox, but not a good econobox.

>Slushboxes will fight you on a track and will bog down in corners. So unless you're specifying Dct or triptronic, no autos are not faster on a traditional road course track
Every damn automatic has a "manual mode" these days.

>automatic
>auto - meaning self
>manual
>must be done by hand
It's not hard to figure out.

>Euros want manual econoboxes
Why? Manuals don't even give better mileage anymore. The whole point of a manual at this point is because it's simply more fun to drive.

>Euros want auto sports cars

No, no they don't. They want auto luxury cars. Fast and powerful car != sports car.

Naww here it's just to be cheap. The manual Nissan Micra is cheaper than the auto

>>Euros want manual econoboxes and auto sports cars
What the fuck? Why do you talk about us if you don't know anything about us?

>Manuals don't even give better mileage anymore.
Maybe if you cruise in one gear at 60 mph all day, but you will notice it around town.

>damage control
>what is type R
Ok, keep riding your gay as fuck miata

Human reaction is slower than a computer.
Car manufactures decided to go the full CVT route.
Just to produce less shit to go into a car and still sell it at regular target price.

>but muh manual and clutch peduhl
With emissions and fuel economy standards rising high everywhere.
Auto makers will slowly phase out the manual transmission.
You will only see them in sports related cars/events.

But seriously look at Subaru CVT videos.
They explain how CVT is better and anything that is fuel efficient will take the stage for any Auto maker.

The Chinese cartoons lied to me

Yeah look at the high end sports/race car. They all have cvt. Oh... Its not because cvt is shitty and slower than your mum

the only reason F1 isn't running CVTs is because the regs require discreet gears

Yeah no, its because cvts are so shitty it feels like anemia

He is right, but he got it the other way around: the fixed amount of ratios (from 4 to 7) rule appeared after Williams started testing its CVT and it has a clause specifically banning those types of transmissions so they couldn't "cheat" by adding what we have today with CVTs using "fake" ratios for the sake of sounding more like every other car.

The reason for the ban was probably because spectators would have been terribly annoyed by cars that sounded the same all around the track

Even lies are made in China son...

Jesus christ, a DCT is automatic. It shifts gears on it's own, automatically.

A well engineered a/t can be stronger than a manual. It can be nearly as fuel efficient as well. Modern CVTs and double clutch units can be both faster and more efficient.

Manuals tend to be cheaper and more reliable (if driven reasonably), but their edge is slipping as a/t tech gets better every year. At the end of the day a/t is much easier to drive so you can focus on driving rather than playing clutch pogo in traffic, which is a big advantage.

But for blasting around hills or empty roads a manual tends to be more fun, so they will always have a market.

>modern cvt
Yeah no, give me an example of a cvt that is faster than a manual.

Dont kid yourself, cvts will forever be good only in paper

>At the end of the day a/t is much easier to drive so you can focus on driving rather than playing clutch pogo in traffic, which is a big advantage.

So what we really got from this post is you cant drive a manual. Good job

>being proud of something old people, soccer moms and dumb kids do every day all over the world.

Wow I bet you feel so accomplished

Where did you get that im bragging about that. Im calling on how it seemed hard for you to drive a manual. Lol, are you a women by any chance?

You pointed out that the guy couldn't drive manual as if driving manual was some kind of accomplishment

Ofcourse, a fuckwit who doesnt know how to drive a manual would make a statemet such as that. Im not bragging or anything

I just pointed out that your pointing out that he can't drive a manual looked a lot like a sad attempt at feeling superior for something that literally anyone in the world can do.

That comment didn't contribute or disprove his argument at all, so it was just uncalled bragging on your part, because it is obvious you are heavily implying you can drive manual and he doesn't

>heel-toe down shifting through the gears while braking to the lights
>looks like a normal stop
>feel superior on the inside

You really have no argument here, buddy, just stop. If I'm saying you're so dumb you can't even wipe your own ass, it implies in no way that I think wiping your ass is hard. It's so easy that it makes you that much more of a moron for not being able to do it.

The guy (let's be honest: it's you) said "At the end of the day a/t is much easier to drive" so he (you) implied himself (yourself) that driving manual is not something completely easy.

>sudden braking
>VRRRrrrrr
>sudden braking
>VVVVVRRRRRrrrrrrrrr
>sudden braking
>VVVVVVVVRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>car comes to full stop, final braking
>Autotragic Normie: What is he doing?

Saying something is easier than something else doesn't mean that the other thing is hard.
They are both easy, but automatic is undeniably easier, it literally takes not effort except when parking or leaving from park, and the "effort" is just pushing a button and a lever.

And about your >implications, I would tell you how I'm not him and how I've been driving manual since I got my licence and how all my cars have been manuals, but you wouldn't believe me anyway because you are so focused on playing le ebin armchair race driver

>At the end of the day a/t is MUCH EASIER to drive
>so you CAN FOCUS on driving
>rather than PLAYING CLUTCH POGO in traffic
>which is a BIG ADVANTAGE

Do you manually operate the clutch on a DCT?
If no, it's not a manual transmission. You are allowed to drive them with a license that is restricted to automatic transmissions. Everywhere on the planet except in your head, DCTs are considered automatic transmissions.

>much easier to drive
>until the transmission decides to shift in the middle of a large curve on a wet road, the back wheels break loose and you die when you hit the truck next to you

>being this shit at driving

>maintaining 80mph in a curve when your transmission decides "LOL TIME TO UPSHIFT" despite throttle being constant
>apparently shit at driving

Using an automatic isn't really driving. It's more like steering.

Youre just bad or do not know how to drive manual. Keep spewing shit because itll only show your ignorance

Driving a manual is almost always automatic its laughable, unless its a bad driver like you. just say you cant drive a manual and just bought an at, its that simple

How exactly do you drive in traffic on manual? Playing pogo sticks? Are you retarded?

Confirmed for being a shit driver and bought an at because he gave up driving stick

Who are you replying to?

I was quoting someone else's post you gigantic numbnuts, learn to read and follow a conversation.

>Samefagging this hard

Manual:
Fun, simple

Auto:
Practical, stronger (generally), better in stop-and-go traffic

They're an automatic transmission, just not a traditional planetary auto
>I'm looking at you, Honda

Not enough torque capacity with current tech, taking into account cost

>Manual
>Fun

Are you implying its not?

>stop not liking what i like

Just answer the question shitposter

>people who prefer stickshift because they think it's more complicated and therefore makes them appear more skillful to non-stickshift drivers

>not having the best of both worlds
Sportronic master race

Euro here.
98% of people want auto for everything.

Reverse shitposting, I like it.

They're into it for the greater level of control. Choosing gears when they want.

As for DCT vs Clutch, idk I like shifting gears it's fun.
Just personal preference really.

what do you think of paddle shifting?

None of the above, everything should be manuél.

:DDDDDDDD

Top meme my friend. The fact that you are cuck doesnt mean everyone else is.

>hey look sometime I beat a ecoshit mustang with my accord

>use yuropoor tier turbo engines when even mazda use na for the same power at the same price