How much does getting something like this done cost?

How much does getting something like this done cost?

Why didn't van culture come back?

>tfw no shaggin' wagon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7U2BC5sOltU
youtube.com/watch?v=h-j29ozp_yM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stoner culture stopped being cool

It was never cool

between $40 and $100, for paint and brush.

Most of them do it themselves, something like that made by a painter would be more expensive than the car.

>weed is legal in like 6 states, practically legal in like 20 others
>People are rediscovering psychedelics
>A work van costs like 800 bucks and can run forever with a bit of wrenching
>Millennials are broke as fuck and want to escape the machine

If anything the conditions are perfect now for a van revival

>tfw just took my van to trailer home another Cherokee

Feels gud mang

Because vans like that are cop magnets. They're not as easygoing these days and will just tow it away if you're lucky not to get shot by one.

Very few of those artistic paintjobs look good to me. I'd rather just have it plain.

Wow I bet you're a master of style and taste mr.Walmart jeans and tennis shoes

Anyone have pics of newer vans with murals on them?

Tempted to get a van

>Because vans like that are cop magnets.
The real problem are the vandals. I saw one such van at the supermarket. It wasn't an old van but one from the 2008 to 2010 period probably. Someone had scratched the paint job with several parallel scratches. Like several keys from the same keyring dragged across.

Americans sure have some funny ideas about vans.

>Someone had scratched the paint job with several parallel scratches
A man with a van like that is bound to attract some crazy bitch.

It stems from the fact that we have such a large land-mass to explore. Imagine being apart if the 70's, where all of your friends wanted to go on road trips to every concert possible l, but didn't have much money. These vans made that possible. It's almosy an American icon.

these vans can go north of 100k

you arnt paying for value, you are paying a construction worker or interior decorator to do their work on a van instead of a residential home

often times the quality is under more scrutiny due to the close quarters

the rainbow sheik has a van like in ops pic but with star wars art

Similar things happened in Europe though. But the customization culture never developed.

I think its because Americans started to view vans as leisure vehicles.

Van culture has been revived by Japan
No murals though, just Watanabes
Also only dodge vans

>tfw work only gives you 5 days of PTO hat you can use for either sick days or vacation
>tfw money is good so you can't travel

shit sucks

fuck japan

You are an idiot

Van culture did come back, except this time people live out of them instead of smoke weed in them.

Pretty sure they are still smoking weed in them.
You are aware that millennials consume far more marijuana than the boomers ever did right?

You shut your fucking mouth.

youtube.com/watch?v=7U2BC5sOltU
I want a Ram Van now

with a blood wizard mural

I would do it to a new Ford Transit. But wouldn't feel the same.

>Why didn't van culture come back?

because vans are fucking shit

I'd love to live in a van and travel around America but I can't bring myself to do it.

>I don't want to be a leech
>it's hipster libcuck culture

shit sucks

If van dweller can do it so can you.

>it's hipster libcuck culture

It is, but did you know that the whole van dwelling culture started gaining popularity because of one libertarian blogger girl that lived in VW Van and, a thread on a survivalist forum about an ex cop living out of his Toyota truck with a fiberglass cap.

>libertarian blogger girl
who was that?

That wont happen though because people are listening to music like drake and taylor swift..

That music is essentialy "I drive a brand new corolla, I am a boring as fuck person and okay with that" in music form.

How come the modified van culture came to Australia but not Europe?

The whole being politically correct and vegan has only became a part of lefty culture in the last couple of years since hipster normies have been trying to be edgey and started ruining everything cool.

>Why didn't van culture come back?
Negative stigmas from too many homeless living in vans on our neighborhood streets. Now, pretty much no one wants to be seen as spending more time inside their van than necessary.

Where do you live user?
Is this really a thing?

faliaphotography or something like that.

"falia" obviously being short for Westfalia

>politically correct and vegan
This is ruining Veeky Forums right now
There is a vegan mod who is out of control who deletes anything anti vegan or anti feminism.
It was my favorite board :(

Well, it kinda happened, but custom vans are a small niche.

pic. ABT T5 Transporter

Renault Trafic

Mercedes-Benz Vito Hartmann

Peasant spotted

Hartmann Sprinter

> ctrl f
> no dajiban

I'm almost a little ashamed

That looks pretty sick. Do they come with the I5 diesel from the Sprinter?

These have been built lately also.

Let's be real here, you all only started caring about Ram Vans because of the noriyaro video that came out three days ago.

It's no better than RCR fanboys who "love" whatever flavor of the week car he makes a video about.

ayyyy

Dajihamsters
I actually saw it in a thread on here

Let's be real. You're a fucking poser who rides the bus

Nope, I-4 or V6

Opel Vivaro

Opel Combo

oldschool Fiat Fiorino (127 van)

whatever the fuck this thing is, is better looking than any van ever made.

also am i the only one in the world who hates vans for anything other than operational purposes?

>Because vans like that are cop magnets. They're not as easygoing these days and will just tow it away if you're lucky not to get shot by one.

Precisely. If ya want a party van, leave the outside white and commercial-looking.

>noriyaro showed me XD

Nope, youtube.com/watch?v=h-j29ozp_yM

>whatever the fuck this thing is, is better looking than any van ever made.

The style was originally called a "panel truck" and was very popular in the US for hot rodding and customs. They are inefficient for commercial use compared to box vans so they went away long ago.

Actually Google "liberty van". Bunch of goofballs who supported Ron Paul in 2014 are starting a van movement to escape taxes and high rent.

Depends on who you have do it for you. Probably anywhere from 500-2000 dollars.

On a side note, I'm planning on getting one of these bad boys. Don't think I'm gonna paint a mural on it though.

>want to escape the machine
fuck no
we have become the machine

I want a van painted to look like a Windows 95 desktop in which a 16-bit-color purple wizard is emerging from a portal to the 3D maze screensaver.

D vans have been around for a while, the first us article on them was in 2010, who knows how long it has been going on.