Tell me Veeky Forums, is there any kind of organized racing where literally anything goes?

Tell me Veeky Forums, is there any kind of organized racing where literally anything goes?

Why dont we have some kind of world racing championship where people just go balls to the wall crazy to make the fastest possible land vehicles that can still race against other vehicles around a track?

F1 is cool I guess, but they are restricted by a mountain of rules that prevent anything fun from happening.

that sounds incredibly boring
money racing isnt fun

and we basically have that with Unlimited classes in racing

Can-Am Group 7. Unrestricted engines, aero, chargers, no homologation, knock yourselves out.

Group B rally, or at least when it existed.

id make a cost minus series
and run it like hill climb and road rally

everyone gets given a standard engine to use like Formula Ford

apart from that Idgaf they can do what ever they want with the transmission and chassis
tfw it became a pissing match between mclaren and porsche

>search for can-am videos
>it's all just bike shit

Fucking disgusting.

Because then we would be watching drones racing around because no human could sit in them for any length of time.

Full vacuum'd ground effects with massive wings offset by ridiculous power would result in something pushing enough gs that losing traction around a corner and suddenly regaining it would knock you the fuck out

What we really need is current F1, with another 15psi and some nice flame throwing anti-lag combined with smaller rear wings. Make it interesting to watch

>tfw it became a pissing match between mclaren and porsche
Only for a single season in 1971. Before that it was pretty lop-sided in McLaren's favor. After '71, there was no longer a McLaren Can-Am team (although there were a few old customer M8 racecars that continued to compete).

Time attack racing has unlimited classes. Its not really head-to-head racing, so it's really more like a rally.

yeah man. group b rally kind of got in that direction. 5cylinder front engine vs. 6cylinder na mid engine vs supercharged and boosted 4 cyl mid engine vs a car that was designed only for group b vs still some rwd cars. yes its kind of unbalanced, but it was so cool. it was more about what cars work on what track rather then balance. so much more exciting imo.

if only they didnt fuck up group s.

Aero quickly became restricted in Can-Am, though.

The problem with organized racing is that it's a sport.
Most car guys are huge fucking motor heads that only think about that, motor.
They want 20,000RPM V8s, huge fucking turbos, and an open cockpit ready for death.

Sports are fucking lame, full of remembering names and getting autistic over what other people have done in the past and what they say they're going to do.
It's so fucking gay.

Drag racing and drifting is quite literally where "everything" goes these days.
Go look up the amount of videos on hectic skidz and stance. The mass population doesn't fucking care about organized racing.

Bring back money racing, I want to see state of the art technology without limits kill and blow people the fuck out.
Like drag racing already does.

This is a very old image.

Professional racing sucks dick period.

If you go lax rules, some dumb no-fub meta faggot is going to dump millions into the most overpowered build they can manage and get themselves killed.

If you go strict rules then arr rook same and it's boring as fuck.

You can't win.

World Formula kart racing is arr rook same and it's not boring at all. When all the machines are the same, you know the best driver is going to win and you can see some actual driving skills.

This pleases me

yeah but drag racing is boring as fuck too

Unlimited Class Hillclimbs are pretty much this.

Lame.

It's not interesting until people are getting themselves killed

Buy car in showroom, put in a thick cage, race.
Classes by budget.

I remember watching a show called 'junkyard wars' or some shit, where they build battlebots or something like that. obviously setup and fake, but why not let loose a team of engineers/mechanics in a real junk yard with no rules or limits and just see what the fuck they do? When they finish up their project let them race against others who did the same thing. no new parts allowed. Common tools only. Let their imagination and inner nigger rig flourish.

I want to see someone try and shoehorn a big american V8 into a tiny little honda and then figure something out with the front suspension to still let it handle and not drag the ground. using nothing but junkyard parts and a common tool set.

Wacky races: Junkyard edition.

24 hours of lemons had a good idea on paper but in reality it sucked nuts.

>basically a topgear episode that didn't happen

except it's not staged.

there is

Grand Prix Racing before the introduction of Formula in racing cars.

There used to be something like that and it was called group b rally